News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

TWG XLVII - Relax, I'm a Doctor

Started by MaestroUGC, January 22, 2013, 10:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on January 23, 2013, 10:12:23 PMOr Hunter was the rouge.
But would the killing from the rouge get cancelled (or did he possibly not send it in...)? If he was the rogue, then the wolves were ultra-lucky, yet again...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Quote from: Yugi on January 23, 2013, 10:12:23 PMOr Hunter was the rouge.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 23, 2013, 10:15:27 PMBut would the killing from the rouge get cancelled (or did he possibly not send it in...)? If he was the rogue, then the wolves were ultra-lucky, yet again...
It's "rogue" you guys, "rouge" is the french word for red. XD

vermilionvermin

I think the most likely scenario is that the wolves either wolfed Jekyll or Jekyll tried to kill Doctor Doom.  Hunter didn't exactly have a target on his back, especially since it's his first game.  I'm kind of surprised he died.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 23, 2013, 10:20:40 PMI think the most likely scenario is that the wolves either wolfed Jekyll or Jekyll tried to kill Doctor Doom.  Hunter didn't exactly have a target on his back, especially since it's his first game.  I'm kind of surprised he died.
Maybe he was a "safe" target for the wolves, not revealing any suspicious people.

Also (foolish me :P), I forgot that Liggy claimed Doctor Zhivago; maybe the rogue thought that he could've been Dr. Doom, although I doubt it... if the rogue tried to kill Dr. Doom or Zhivago, I would think that it would be mentioned, or am I mistaken?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

I will give the names of the double claiming players eventually. I'm waiting on a PM first.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Hunter of Souls

People here have got some manners... Killing a first-timer so quickly... How rude...
Beat them unfair people, humans!

[deathpost]
Insert something funny or something wise that makes you look like a cool person...

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Hunter of Souls on January 23, 2013, 10:47:20 PMPeople here have got some manners... Killing a first-timer so quickly... How rude...
Beat them unfair people, humans!

[deathpost]
I shall avenge you!!
*runs off, screaming, holding sword up*

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Toby

QuoteIt's really important that if Strangelove's seered, his/her name be known.

Okay right, this quote suggests that Verm think Strangelove (and by extension, all four "humans") are just told that they're human and not which specific role they are.  If Strangelove were told that he was Strangelove on Night 1, it makes more sense for him to claim rather than only claiming IF HE'S SEERED.  That post says that he should only claim if he's seered, not that he should just outright claim.

Bird

omg will you guys quit it with the strangelove stuff

-------------------------

The following three players have claimed to be Dr. Evil (Miller):
  • vermilionvermin
  • Yugi
  • BlackDragonSlayer
Here are the PMs they claimed with:

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 23, 2013, 11:45:37 AMI claim Dr. Evil - Miller

Last night in chat, I told SocialFox I was a "non-special human," but I wasn't sure what he meant by "special"... I was a crazy person and stayed up really late last night. :P

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 23, 2013, 03:43:00 PMSince neither Liggy nor Bird has been counterclaimed, I think I should claim to both of you.  I am Doc Evil.  Play nice and share the claims!

Quote from: Yugi on January 23, 2013, 02:31:48 PMI am Doctor Evil. And I have a cat and a chat.

20:38      *** Yugisan joined #TWGNSM
topicccc
Topic set by ChanServ on Wed Jan 23 2013 20:38:10 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)
20:38      +++ ChanServ set the channel to mode +n
20:38      +++ ChanServ set the channel to mode +t
20:38      +++ ChanServ set the channel to mode +r
20:38      +++ ChanServ has taken op from Yugisan
20:55      *** BlackDragonSlayer joined #TWGNSM
20:55   BlackDragonSlayer   Hmmm
20:56   Yugisan   hello bds how are you today
20:57   BlackDragonSlayer   Good, how are you, Fox/Yugi???
20:57   Yugisan   fine
20:57   BlackDragonSlayer   Mighty fine.
20:57   Yugisan   For some reason Maestro told me my exact role
20:58   BlackDragonSlayer   I was going to disagree that the seer shouldn't claim, but then I realized that they could be revived...
20:58   BlackDragonSlayer   Bird probably wants somebody to guard him.
20:58   Yugisan   but then he gets Vigi'd
20:58   BlackDragonSlayer   Whether because he IS the reviver, or another important role. Or a wolf.
20:58   BlackDragonSlayer   Vigi'd???
20:58   Yugisan   Mr Hyde vigis
20:59   Yugisan   not sure wether Hyde would have a reason to vigi the allaince leader
20:59   Yugisan   but it should be taken into consideration.
20:59   BlackDragonSlayer   In that case, Doctor Strangelove had better claim before anybody votes anything...
21:00   Yugisan   The funny thing is]
21:00   Yugisan   humans know exactly what human they am.
21:00   Yugisan   At least.
21:00   Yugisan   I know what human I am.
21:00   BlackDragonSlayer   There's an about 1/6th chance that he'll be wolfed/vigi'd if he doesn't claim.
21:00   Yugisan   Wait BDS.
21:00   Yugisan   Let me guess
21:01   Yugisan   Your a normal human as well.
21:01   BlackDragonSlayer   If he does claim, however, nobody will dare target him out of fear; after he's seered, depending on the result, however...
21:01   BlackDragonSlayer   I don't think there are any "normal" humans, now are there?
21:01   Yugisan   Well
21:02   Yugisan   I mean non special human
21:02   BlackDragonSlayer   Hold on a minute.
21:02   BlackDragonSlayer   Assuming that Dr. Strangelove would have already seen the message to claim, and would be very eager to claim...
21:02   BlackDragonSlayer   Yugi is not Dr.
21:02   Yugisan   unless he was a troll or inactive
21:02   BlackDragonSlayer   Vermilionvermin is not Dr.
21:03   BlackDragonSlayer   Bird is not Dr.
21:03   BlackDragonSlayer   TBWCW is not Dr.
21:03   Yugisan   Well it helps to know that I'm not a doctor
21:03   BlackDragonSlayer    Who does that leave (counting me as "not Dr.")
21:03   BlackDragonSlayer   Going down the player list:
21:03   BlackDragonSlayer   Bubbles
21:04   BlackDragonSlayer   Waddle
21:04   BlackDragonSlayer   Liggy
21:04   BlackDragonSlayer   Hunter of Souls
21:04   BlackDragonSlayer   Sheikah
21:04   BlackDragonSlayer   Dude
21:04   BlackDragonSlayer   TZP
21:05   BlackDragonSlayer   We have seven people who are likelier than others to be Dr. Strangelove.
21:05   Yugisan   Humans know their exact roles anyway
21:05   Yugisan   Strangelove will claim Strangelove
21:05   BlackDragonSlayer   So hopefully one of those will read the message.
21:06   Yugisan   Are you a non special Human?
21:06   BlackDragonSlayer   Nope
21:06   Yugisan   Damm.
21:07   Yugisan   I was hoping someone could vertify my claim of what human I am.
21:07   BlackDragonSlayer   How could I verify it if I were a non-special human?
21:07   Yugisan   Easy.
21:08   Yugisan   Maestro told normal humans their exact role
21:08   Yugisan   So just claim to bird your exact human role
21:09   BlackDragonSlayer   But how will that help somebody VERIFY your claim?
21:10   Yugisan   I claim my exact human role as well
21:10   BlackDragonSlayer   I don't think it would be good to trust Bird YET, at least until he's seered.
21:10   Yugisan   as soon as bird knows that Normal humans know their role
21:10   BlackDragonSlayer   But how could SOMEBODY ELSE verify it?
21:10   Yugisan   They claim their exact role
21:10   BlackDragonSlayer   They know their own role, but not anybody else's.
21:10   Yugisan   but wolves don't know this
21:11   Yugisan   so
21:11   BlackDragonSlayer   
21:11   Yugisan   (unless you're a wolf
21:11   Yugisan   )
21:11   Yugisan   They'll just claim Human
21:11   Yugisan   Not specifying anything
21:11   Yugisan   BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
21:11   Yugisan   and then
21:11   Yugisan   bird tells all of us this imformation.
21:11   BlackDragonSlayer   But that doesn't verify... and the original context of the sentence doesn't make much sense... somebody ELSE who is non-special human verifying your claim.
21:12   Yugisan   if all normal humans claim their exact role
21:12   Yugisan   and all special humans specify their exact role
21:12   BlackDragonSlayer   But that doesn't help... false claims...
21:13   BlackDragonSlayer   And you can't exactly test every single claim...
21:13   Yugisan   But Wolves think that the normal humans arn't specified.
21:13   Yugisan   and they'll claim normal human as well.
21:13   BlackDragonSlayer    No...
21:13   Yugisan   but not saying which human they are.
21:14   BlackDragonSlayer   Then they'll claim special...
21:14   Yugisan   It would be bad if a wolf claimed special
21:15   BlackDragonSlayer   They could easily claim Psychic.
21:15   Yugisan   4 psychic claims
21:15   Yugisan   seems legit
21:15   BlackDragonSlayer   If the seering isn't public: Seer
21:16   Yugisan   That would work.
21:16   BlackDragonSlayer   Or they could even be daring and claim Rouge,
21:16   Yugisan   that would be dumb.
21:16   BlackDragonSlayer   But is the seering public? If it were, it wouldn't work too well.
21:17   Yugisan   why are you happy about other peoples misfourtine.
21:17   Yugisan   are you a woof bds???
21:17   BlackDragonSlayer   Because I'm not a wolf!  (whether you trust me or not)
21:17   BlackDragonSlayer   I vow to bring misfortune to the wolves.
21:17   Yugisan   I'll send this PM to bird.
21:18   Yugisan   did you claim to him?
21:18   BlackDragonSlayer   Not yet.
21:18   BlackDragonSlayer   I prefer to wait until Dr. Strangelove claims; that way, I have somebody to truly trust.
21:18   Yugisan   Waiting for a counterclaim?
21:18   Yugisan   Thats what I'm doing
21:19   Yugisan   Not wanting the right information in the wrong hands.
21:19   BlackDragonSlayer   I might even wait for the Dr.'s seering, although it might not be good to wait for too long.
21:21   BlackDragonSlayer   Hmm... I had a train of thought, but it just crashed...
21:22   BlackDragonSlayer   Well, goodbye, it's very late here.
21:22   Yugisan   Same
21:22   Yugisan   9:22 PM in my timezone
21:22   BlackDragonSlayer   2:22 AM
21:22   BlackDragonSlayer   
21:22      *** BlackDragonSlayer quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

So pretty much, humans know which human they are, if there is more than one claim for the same exact human, assume BDS is a wolf, if someone claims human without specifying, assume they are a wolf.

Good day.

Note the times. It's pretty certain that one of these players is a wolf, but I'd lean towards two of them being wolves. Why would two wolves claim the same role? I'd guess lack of communication. My current picks are vermilionvermin and BlackDragonSlayer, with verm being the more suspicious out of the two. I think Yugi's log sort of proves him innocent, since he immediately knew that humans got specific role PMs.

I think we should probably lynch one of these players, but let's give them all their say first. If anyone has any additional information regarding these three players, logs, opinions, PMs or anything else, please don't hesitate to share.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

MaestroUGC

Boy edited a post. Everybody shame him by not talking to him for 6 hours while I try to get some sleep.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on January 24, 2013, 12:19:30 AMNote the times. It's pretty certain that one of these players is a wolf, but I'd lean towards two of them being wolves. Why would two wolves claim the same role? I'd guess lack of communication. My current picks are vermilionvermin and BlackDragonSlayer, with verm being the more suspicious out of the two. I think Yugi's log sort of proves him innocent, since he immediately knew that humans got specific role PMs.

I think we should probably lynch one of these players, but let's give them all their say first. If anyone has any additional information regarding these three players, logs, opinions, PMs or anything else, please don't hesitate to share.
So did I; my brain was focused on something else (trying to find out who Dr. Strangelove might likely be), but Yugi/Fox mentioned it first. As I said in my PM, it was very late (2:22 AM) at the time I left the chat, so I wasn't sure what he meant by "non-special human," since each human has something "special" about them. :P

In the chatlog, Yugi/Fox mentions that another "non-special" human could help verify his claim, although he does not take into account counter-claims, which is what we were talking about (in a very confused manner :P) from about 21:05 "Humans know their exact roles anyway" to about 21:16 "But is the seering public? If it were, it wouldn't work too well."

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Also:
If I were a wolf, I would've chosen to counterclaim Liggy, making him look like Dr. Doom trying to appear as a human (though, currently, he still may be! :P)

If any combination of Vermilionvermin-Yugi/Fox-me (with two of us being wolves) claimed the same role, that would be extremely self-destructive, since the wolves know who each other are (? ??? ?).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Vermilionvermin

Oh hey, the wolf claimed miller aswell.