News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Rhythm Groupings

Started by Bubbles, January 22, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bubbles

Whoops :P wrong one

So in this one, whats wrong?

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 22, 2013, 07:17:31 PMWhoops :P wrong one

So in this one, whats wrong?
It's very difficult to tell where the beats are. That makes it hard to count.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

I think we're supposed to assume that the red lines are the beats and that it's in 4/4 time.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Quote from: spitllama on January 22, 2013, 07:19:41 PMI think we're supposed to assume that the red lines are the beats and that it's in 4/4 time.
Yes

@Bubbles: Don't forget to treat the rests the same way you would the notes.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bubbles

So how would I change it to be more readable? Change the half beat rest to two eighths and a quarter rest?

Quote from: spitllama on January 22, 2013, 07:19:41 PMI think we're supposed to assume that the red lines are the beats and that it's in 4/4 time.
Bear with me, this is difficult as it is :P

Olimar12345

8th note - 8th rest - quarter rest - quarter rest - 8th rest - 16th rest - 16th note

SlowPokemon

Generally speaking, a half rest should only appear on the first or third beats of a measure in 4/4 time.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Quote from: Bespinben on September 15, 2012, 08:16:24 PM
He tried explaining it to me before, and I though I got it but I didnt XD Now its time to use this

I promise that my next sheet I submit (if I arrange it from now onwards) will have as correct rhythm groupings as I can get :D

But do you guys take classes on this stuff or is it just ocmmon knowledge?

SlowPokemon

Both--taking a class is definitely the best way to learn, but if you compose a lot of music, much of it is second nature.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

We took classes on this stuff, making it common knowledge.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 22, 2013, 07:27:53 PMHe tried explaining it to me before, and I though I got it but I didnt XD Now its time to use this

I promise that my next sheet I submit (if I arrange it from now onwards) will have as correct rhythm groupings as I can get :D

But do you guys take classes on this stuff or is it just ocmmon knowledge?
I haven't taken much classes on this kind of stuff, I just go by what makes the most sense to me. 
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 22, 2013, 06:55:20 PMOne of these days we need to have a theory lecture in tinychat or something...
That's the same thought process that started that Music Theory Q/A topic I've got.
I'm going to get that going again next chance I get. Next topic will be on key signatures (similar to that on time signatures) and that will be followed by a little column explaining when to use double accidentals.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

spitllama

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 22, 2013, 07:20:52 PMBear with me, this is difficult as it is :P

Oh haha that wasn't meant to be a criticism. Sorry.

And I've learned about it from Deku and Olimar hounding on me about it all the time :P I'd be totally willing to check your next sheet if you'd like Bubbles!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

In case it isn't already blatantly obvious, I'm here to help too. ;)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26