News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Can we do anything about the blank Manuscript Paper people?

Started by Wolf, January 22, 2013, 03:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

I think it's annoying for people to register ninsheetmusic and not doing anything. I'm not talking about the ones who did post a little but the ones who doesn't post anything. I mean there might be a few people who can't post anything because they don't know what to say or they forgot or they might be busy... But it's not a few people, it's about half of the whole members. So I think we should send them a message telling that it's rude to not post anything.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Waddle Bro

I appreciate that they don't post on every possible thread like some people.

All joking aside, no. It's their own business not to post anything. It's not rude at all.

Just don't give a shit about them like me.

Wolf

But it's hard for me to find members in the members list.

Waddle Bro

Wolf

So, lets say i'm trying to find mariolegofan in the members list.But because of the people who don't post anything, I can't find him quickly.

JDMEK5

Say we did pm all those folks telling them it was rude to register and do absolutely zip, (which by the way wasn't) not only would they not even see our messages because they never go on, but it wouldn't make the list any shorter anyways.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Waddle Bro

And thus is why you can click a magical M link in the members list to find the people who's name start with M.

And there is a "Search for Members" option.

Olimar12345

Not to mention you can search members by ther username...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

I hit the magical letter and then scroll quickly down the list and stop at anyone whose rank is not "blank manuscript paper".
And like Olimar said, you can actually search members out by name.
Finding people really isn't that hard.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Sebastian

I pm every new person that comes to the site welcoming them.

Shadoninja

I could be wrong but I think Jamaha occasionally does deletion sweeps of users who have 0 posts.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Sebastian

Is it ok for me to be welcoming every person that comes to nsm? I look every day to see  if theres any new members and if there is somone new I welcome them.

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 22, 2013, 08:55:46 AMI could be wrong but I think Jamaha occasionally does deletion sweeps of users who have 0 posts.

If they were last active more than 3 years ago, it makes sense.

JDMEK5

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 22, 2013, 08:58:42 AMIs it ok for me to be welcoming every person that comes to nsm? I look every day to see  if theres any new members and if there is somone new I welcome them.
Well you'll get tired of it. It's unnecessary and half the people who come here don't really care. (That's an estimate)
It's not illegal, just unnecessary. Anyone who comes to stay will learn about everyone else here with time.

Quote from: WarioMan98 on January 22, 2013, 09:38:35 AMIf they were last active more than 3 years ago, it makes sense.
I actually think such a sweep could be done annually. A lot can build up in 3 years.

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, it's really not a problem if they want to request something and then never get on again.  We can't expect them to get active again.