News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Who is your favorite video game composer?

Started by SlowPokemon, January 19, 2013, 06:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite video game composer?

Koji Kondo (Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, etc.)
Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, etc.)
Tomohito Nishiura (Professor Layton, Dark Cloud)
Daisuke Amaya (Cave Story)
Mahito Yokota (Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc.)
Ryo Nagamatsu (Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, etc.)
Jun'ichi Masuda (Pokémon Red and Blue, Pokémon Gold and Silver, etc.)
Go Ichinose (Pokémon Gold and Silver, Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, etc.)
Hitomi Sato (Pokémon Crystal, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, etc.)
Shota Kageyama (Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, Pokémon Black and White)
Kazumi Totaka (Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, etc.)
Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, etc.)
Jun Ishikawa (Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby Super Star, etc.)
Arata Iiyoshi / Atsuhiro Ishizuna (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, etc.)
Other (specify in thread)

JDMEK5

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 20, 2013, 08:06:59 PM"other Zelda games"? Try all of them.
He wasn't around from the beginning though.
He came in in 2000 with Majora's Mask:

The Legend Of Zelda (1986) was composed by Koji Kondo.
Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link (1987) was composed by Akito Nakatsuka.
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (1991) was composed by Koji Kondo.
The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993) was composed by Koji Kondo, Kazumi Totaka, Minako Hamano, Kozue Ishikawa, and Yuichi Ozaki.
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (1998) was composed by Koji Kondo.
The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000) was composed by Koji Kondo and Toru Minegishi.
The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons/Ages (2001) was composed by Minako Adachi and Kyopi.
The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords (2002) was composed by Yuko Takehara.
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2002) was composed by Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi, Hajime Wakai, and Kenta Nagata.
The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (2004) was composed by Asuka Ota.
The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2004) was composed by Mitsuhiko Takano.
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006) was composed by Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi, and Asuka Ota.
The Legend Of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass (2007) was composed by Toru Minegishi and Kenta Nagata
The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (2009) was composed by Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ota, and Manaka Tominaga.
The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011) was composed by Koji Kondo, Mahito Yokota, Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii, and Takeshi Hama.

Did I miss any?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

I don't think we're talking about the same person.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

Ok well this is the guy I was talking about.

And that list reminded me: Asuka Ota could be on that poll as well. Not only for her contributions to The Legend Of Zelda line, but also Super Mario 3D Land.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

MaestroUGC

Yeah, see the topic was on Koji Kondo, not the other guy.

JDMEK5

Sure but I think if Shota Kageyama made it, Toru Minegishi and Asuka Ota should be there as well.

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

I also left out Kenta Nagata who has written a lot of Mario stuff as well. :/ Yeah the poll is probably biased based on the video games I've played.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Apparently.

...leaving out Kirkhope like that.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 20, 2013, 07:25:15 PMSunshine is probably Kondo's weaker scores of the Mario series, but it had more than Delfino Plaza going fo it, if I may say so. Did you forget the acapella version of the Mario Bros. Theme in the secret stages? Still my all time favorite version of the piece to this day.

Sorry to bring the thread back to this again, but that piece.  It's phenomenal.  I love it too Maestro. :3

blueflower999

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 20, 2013, 08:41:29 PMHe wasn't around from the beginning though.
He came in in 2000 with Majora's Mask:

The Legend Of Zelda (1986) was composed by Koji Kondo.
Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link (1987) was composed by Akito Nakatsuka.
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (1991) was composed by Koji Kondo.
The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993) was composed by Koji Kondo, Kazumi Totaka, Minako Hamano, Kozue Ishikawa, and Yuichi Ozaki.
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (1998) was composed by Koji Kondo.
The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000) was composed by Koji Kondo and Toru Minegishi.
The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons/Ages (2001) was composed by Minako Adachi and Kyopi.
The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords (2002) was composed by Yuko Takehara.
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2002) was composed by Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi, Hajime Wakai, and Kenta Nagata.
The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (2004) was composed by Asuka Ota.
The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2004) was composed by Mitsuhiko Takano.
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006) was composed by Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi, and Asuka Ota.
The Legend Of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass (2007) was composed by Toru Minegishi and Kenta Nagata
The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (2009) was composed by Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ota, and Manaka Tominaga.
The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011) was composed by Koji Kondo, Mahito Yokota, Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii, and Takeshi Hama.

Did I miss any?
How do they decide on who composes for what games? Is it just who wants to do it, or what?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Either legacy or whoever is available. Usually its just one primary composer for most of the game these days, with the other acting as an orchestrator of sorts.

Though it varies from game-to-game, company-to-company.

Clanker37

Koji Kondo, because he is AMAZING

Masuda for similar reasons.

And other for Grant. Because he is amazing <3

Sebastian

The guy or guys that wrote new super mario bros wii. And mario kart wii music. And the guy who wrote paper mario 64 music is okay.

SlowPokemon

New Super Mario Bros Wii--Ryo Nagamatsu, Shiho Fujii, and Kenta Nagata (featuring arranged themes by Koji Kondo, including the overworld theme)

Mario Kart Wii--Asuka Ota and Ryo Nagamatsu

Paper Mario--Yuka Tsujiyoko and Taishi Senda
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 22, 2013, 09:43:08 AMNew Super Mario Bros Wii--Ryo Nagamatsu, Shiho Fujii, and Kenta Nagata (featuring arranged themes by Koji Kondo, including the overworld theme)

You beat me to it.

My Arrangements

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 22, 2013, 09:43:08 AMNew Super Mario Bros Wii--Ryo Nagamatsu, Shiho Fujii, and Kenta Nagata (featuring arranged themes by Koji Kondo, including the overworld theme)

Thanks slowpokemon