News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

TWG XLVI: Have it Your Way Post Game

Started by Toby, January 19, 2013, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

TWG XLVI: Have it Your Way Post Game

Role Reveal

Roles:
01. Waddle Bro              - Invisible Seer
02. Socialfox                  -
Invisible Semi Tracker

03. Bird                          -
Human
04. Blueflower                -
Human
05. BlackDragonSlayer   -
Human
06. MaestroUGC             -
Human
07. Vermilionvermin        -
Wolf
08. Bubbles                    -
Wolf
09. Liggy                        -
Human
10. Shadowkirby            -
Wolf
11. TheZeldaPianist       -
Human
12. Spitllama                  -
Invisible Guardian
13. Jub                           -
Human
14. Mashi                       -
Wolf
15. Dude                        -
Human
16. K-Night                    -
Human

Overall

This game was terrible. It was quite fun to host at the start but you guys didn't talk much after that. All the humans gave up when Bird and Liggy died and that was really disappointing. This was a fun game but you guys didn't do much. I'll admit that losing the seer from the beginning was horrible but how do you think Manhunts work? RIGHT EVERYONE THE SEMI TRACKER PART, LISTEN! You guys were like 'Wut 2 do with the semi tracker?!'. The Semi Tracker was put in place so you guys could see who someone wanted seer'd and guarded, it was a real shame that the seer died though. I think if this game was to run again I'd put in an invisible vig. In Liggy's game there was an invisible vig but apparently it was horrible because the vig kept viging the invisible roles. You guys obviously weren't suppose to talk about who you were going to track but most people didn't understand this so just went for Mashi. No one looked into the tracking results (You may have mentioned them but you didn't find them suspicious, and Liggy, " ??? " doesn't count ;P).

Humans

What was that? Bird died and you all just dropped dead, not much happened after Bird and Liggy where gone so that decreased your discussion but it had no reason to! A lot of you guys where suspicious of people and had good reason to be but you didn't push for any lynches so who did? The Wolves did! At the end Maestro pushed for a Verm lynch which I didn't expect but he wasn't the only one who was suspicious of him! If you all have reasons to be suspicious of someone then post them!

Wolves

You guys ran the game! You all worked together brilliantly and I loved your plan, let Verm do most of the work and we'll just lie around until something comes up. You all played well in the end, even if some were more active than others. You guys discussed a lot together and this helped the team well. I'm not sure why at the end you didn't rush on to Liggy to insta him (alliance with Mashi perhaps?) but heyo none of you died. The Mashi seering at the start really helped you guys a lot as you were basically guaranteed 1 wolf at the end as long as you got the smarties dead early. Well played guys!

Players

Waddle Bro – You were wolfed night 1, hard luck. You did want to seer Verm, which was good, and well guard yourself, but pity it didn't work out.

Socialfox- You did not do anything really much mentioning. You didn't get lynched so congratz.

Bird – You were very active when you were alive and this was good help for the humans, you also managed to sort out the votes well by making a poll for the first night, good job! A shame you got wolfed night 2, pesky wolves! I don't know why you voted Dude, if it was just a safety it was a little silly, it gave the wolves an easy lynch.

Blueflower- You had a clear understanding of the game and that was about it.

BlackDragonSlayer- Well, you were suspicious of Verm from the start so that was good, you didn't try get him lynched though, you just placed a vote on him which was really suspicious, you should be fighting to lynch him! At the beginning you didn't let Mashi's seer change your mind about him and that was good. When it game to suspicion lists you were really strange, anyhow..
Honourable Mention

MaestroUGC- You
didn't do much, you just voted for Social most of the time. You didn't vote at night at all or pay attention much until the end when you pushed for a Verm lynch. You'd get an MVP if you voted during the night a few times and voted someone other than social you'd get an honourable mention or MVP but meh.

Vermilionvermin- You were really, really good! You were the captain of the wolves and each night you made sure there was communication between you. You done a few things suspicious that no one picked up on which was lucky. When Bird looked like he might get one of you lynched you wolfed him, this dropped activity down and the humans
didn't have any discussion going so it was a good choice!
Overall MVP

Bubbles- You did good, you were the least suspicious of all the wolves which was really interesting! You kept low but not inactive. You had a clear understanding of the game.
Honourable Mention

Liggy- You played well but you were lynched too early by that pesky Verm! You argued well but just not good enough, you
didn't have much suspicions for anyone to go on.

Shadowkirby- You ran the game.

TheZeldaPianist- Nice game you played! Surprised this is your first, have you played anywhere else? Very well done! You done a few suspicious things but you'll learn from them, this was a tough game so don't worry about the loss!

Spitllama- You
didn't do much, and you didn't prove your innocence, which was a shame since you were the guardian.

Jub- Pretty inactive, not much to say.

Mashi- Was pretty disappointed with your activity this game but oh well! When you were seer'd there
wasn't much else for you to do. You could have tried to lead some easy lynches because no one could go against you!

Dude – You didn't really do much, you were pretty inactive. Really not sure why you were lynched, not sure at all, if you paid a little more attention to what was going on at that point you could have saved yourself by voting someone else other than Jub (Shadowkirby), that would have brought it to a kitB and you may have got a wolf lynched!

K-Night- You were really quiet, you only really voted then left it at that. You were wolfed because they thought there was no chance you could be lynched so I suppose you looked human.

Night Voting Graph

Bubbles

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Tell me wolves, why did you want to wolf me first instead of Bird? (still, a smart move)
JESUS CHRIST HUMANS, why in hell didn't you lynch Verm earlier? I mean, it was so obvious!!!
You guys trusted too much on Mashi being a human. -.-

Also, my performance was probs one of the best performance out all people ever died on Night 1. :P

Toby

Waddle Bro

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 19, 2013, 02:24:49 PMNope.
Why Waddle had one of the best performance out all people ever died on Night 1:

-I came up with a very good defense to protect me from being lynched in the future, thanks to the host's mistake. I shared the information with TWC, SIMPLY because they all were playing so they could defend me if I would be in trouble. I made my PM to them seem like a rant against the host, but really it was a scheme to make them trust me.

-*some random shiz I regret ever letting come out of my mouth*

-I was behind a seering against a wolf.

And that post game I'm making is so long, I guess I could shorten it up a lot.

Toby

QuoteVerm was trying suspiciously hard to get Mashi seered.

Wolves don't know the Master.

Waddle Bro

crawls into nearest corner

Ohh wow, I somehow mixed up Mashi with Bird.
*facedesk*

Toby

Night Voting Graph is now at the bottom of the OP

Toby

Quote-I came up with a very good defense to protect me from being lynched in the future, thanks to the host's mistake. I shared the information with TWC, SIMPLY because they all were playing so they could defend me if I would be in trouble. I made my PM to them seem like a rant against the host, but really it was a scheme to make them trust me.

You broke rules? Wut? Explain?

Bird

I probably made a huge mistake not posting the log I had with verm. Oh well. There were a few things that I found that seemed to point to him being a wolf, but I never got a chance to post them!!! A lot of them ended up being wrong, but the biggest thing was probably this bit:

Quote(5:30:35 PM) Nighthawk: i just realized something which might change my mind about sf
(5:30:45 PM) Nighthawk: reread the first post
(5:30:55 PM) Nighthawk: all of the wolves are told they're the same thing
(5:30:57 PM) Nighthawk: :morton2:

Which came across as sort of artificial? Anyway, I still pushed for him to be seered, and wanted to push away from guarding Mashi, so I guess I don't have that many big regrets this game.

I think this game might have been balanced in favor of the humans initially, but the wolves got incredibly fucking lucky. Mashi was the Master Wolf, and was seered green on night 1, and the seer was wolfed night 1 as well. The human team was pretty severely crippled form the get-go! It didn't surprise me they won after that had transpired, especially once Liggy and I were out of the picture and Mashi and verm were wolves.

At least my wolfing will finally stop Mashi from going on about how he never wolfs his friends in TWG.

Good game though.

Edit: Also, it was super dumb that phantoms were being awarded for not sending in Night Phase PMs. I can't imagine why that was happening, and it made a huge impact on the game for no real reason. People didn't send in PMs because they were inactive, but because they didn't really matter later in the game.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Bird on January 19, 2013, 03:23:22 PMEdit: Also, it was super dumb that phantoms were being awarded for not sending in Night Phase PMs. I can't imagine why that was happening, and it made a huge impact on the game for no real reason. People didn't send in PMs because they were inactive, but because they didn't really matter later in the game.
Yes. This was stupid.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 19, 2013, 03:14:38 PMYou broke rules? Wut? Explain?
I didn't break anything. You made a mistake and I took an advantage over that.

Toby

The reason I did it was because if you don't come on at least once every 24 hours you shouldn't be playing, it was really disrespectful to not vote and I was pretty offended when I got 3/12 votes!!

It may have made an impact on the game but people were given notice.

Bird

Yeah, but unlike day phase votes, the lack of PMs didn't point to inactivity, it pointed to people realizing that sending a PM for only the tracker was stupid. There wasn't really a way to make the tracker that useful, unfortunately. Just my opinion though.

I think if I were going to redesign the game, I would probably do it along the following lines:

1. Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Wolf
4. Master Wolf
(Knows who he is, knows who the millers are)
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human
13. Miller
14. Miller

Universal Effects:
Nightly Seering which everyone votes for
Nightly Guarding which everyone votes for
Nightly Tracking which everyone votes for
Nightly Vigi which everyone votes for
Nightly Revive which players vote for on Night 3

And then to make things especially interesting, instead of a majority determining the power usages, all the votes will go into a hat and I would randomly draw one name. That way players have an incentive to go against the majority--just a single dissenting vote can cause the power to go a different direction. This way, the wolves have a bit more leverage due to more knowledge, and the humans won't get screwed over by a random seer wolfing.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die