News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG XLVII: Host Signature Ups

Started by Mashi, January 16, 2013, 05:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick the game you want hosted!

Waddle Bro - Doctor Two - [LINK]
4 (22.2%)
SocialFox - Survivor: Cook Islands - [LINK]
2 (11.1%)
Davy - The Notebooks of Death - [LINK]
1 (5.6%)
MaestroUGC - Relax, I'm a Doctor - [LINK]
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: January 20, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Bird

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 18, 2013, 04:15:36 AMThis is horseshit if this means that I can't post Doctor Two here? I only posted my game here just in case shadowkirby wouldn't post it here. Now he told me that I would have to host it alone.
This is my reward for being polite and let him post his game here? Bullshit. If people want to play Doctor Two, TWC should allow me to post it. It got tied with 11 votes last time(at one point before me and shadowkirby gave up), meaning it's one of the most voted games on NSM.
And I wasn't even aware of that rule!!! :(
I'm going to stand by the "no takebacks" rule, but I'll also make an exception in this case.

Speaking on behalf of the TWC, we just don't want to see players take their games out of the running if the competition looks too tough. It's annoying, and it will also get people to make better games since the stakes are higher. You can go ahead and edit Doctor Two into your TWG LONG NAME BATTLE ROYALE post now.

In the future though, you should probably sort out any potential dual-hosting issues before you post the game. Additionally, you should make it clear which players are hosting the game when you post it. Apologies for the confusion.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Bird on January 18, 2013, 11:46:47 AMIn the future though, you should probably sort out any potential dual-hosting issues before you post the game. Additionally, you should make it clear which players are hosting the game when you post it. Apologies for the confusion.
Thank you very much. There wasn't any issues with co-hosting until shadowkirby decided to step out of it without saying a word to me first(still love you buddy). I posted my game just in case he wouldn't show up, thinking I could withdraw my game after he would have posted Dr 2.

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 18, 2013, 11:19:43 AMI'm just in a bad mood, sorry. :P
It was the same in the last sign-ups, I don't feel like argumenting for another 4 pages or something. :P

PS: TWC, still waiting replys to few games I've sent you. ;)

Toby

Oh, last signups it was a battle or something though, I just get grouchy a lot, sorry. I'm horrible online, get told ALL the time by my friends!

Yugi

You do realise waddle, that shadokirby can put it in even if you lose.

EFitTrainr

save the fact I do not want to host.
I like food.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SocialFox on January 18, 2013, 12:47:41 PMYou do realise waddle, that shadowkirby can put it in even if you lose.
I do.
Quote from: shadowkirby on January 18, 2013, 12:48:34 PMsave the fact I do not want to host.

Bird

Poll up.

Interesting twist for this round, the results will be hidden until 48 hours have passed, at which point the poll expires.

The reason for this is that sometimes players feel like they're wasting their vote if they don't pick one of the leaders in the poll. Suppose one game has 9, a second game has 8 and a third game has 2. If a player likes the third game best, and the second game second best, they'll probably vote for the second game even though it isn't the one they want to play the most. The hidden votes should hopefully fix that. If it annoys everyone, we can go back though.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

Sorry SocialFox; I voted for a game with a milller. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

The reason the poll is anonymous is to discourage people from basing their votes on what other people have said.  Basically, don't say what game you're voting for unless you have a good reason to do so.  If it's something like "I voted for Bobby because I don't like the conversion roles in Suzy's game, Mike's game has too many claimable humans, and Joey's game is based too much on chance for my tastes," that's fine.  But we'd like to avoid responses consisting of just "voted Bobby".

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 18, 2013, 06:19:57 PMThe reason the poll is anonymous is to discourage people from basing their votes on what other people have said.  Basically, don't say what game you're voting for unless you have a good reason to do so.  If it's something like "I voted for Bobby because I don't like the conversion roles in Suzy's game, Mike's game has too many claimable humans, and Joey's game is based too much on chance for my tastes," that's fine.  But we'd like to avoid responses consisting of just "voted Bobby".
::) It was a bit of a joke, for two reasons...
Given that there are two games with millers...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

But one of my teams is (sort of) composed entirely of Millers.

Waddle Bro

I'm still behind the option that you could change your vote in the poll.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 19, 2013, 12:12:27 AMI'm still behind the option that you could change your vote in the poll.
Misclicks, sudden change of opinion, etc.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

The game you voted for is losing, you decide to vote your friends game, etc.

SlowPokemon

I like this anonymity. Makes it far simpler to vote.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.