News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The NSM Advice Column

Started by K-NiGhT, January 15, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Hate to bring this back to life, but I need some advice.
(Please don't say anything mean.....Im serious about this.)  :-[

How do you make a true, close friend? I don't really need a girlfriend, but just a true friend that understands me and is there for me in the best and worst of times as I am there for him/her through the best and worst of times.

Guess I'm just feeling lonely :P

BlackDragonSlayer

I feel like any answer would really oversimplify the situation... even then, I'm not sure if it's something you can give as instructions to someone else.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

You're right! Just a few suggestions would be cool.

Dude

Quote from: ETFROXX on May 22, 2011, 01:02:53 PMChapter One: Meeting People

Now, if you're reading this, you may/may not be of the lonely people. That's okay. You know why? THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE. THAT'S RIGHT. Now you're probably thinking "Where do I meet these people?" and I've got the answer for you.

NOT HERE. PUT THIS BOOK DOWN. GET OUTSIDE.

There's many places to meet other lonelys at. Let's look at a list:

- Coffee Shops: Meet others that share your coffee obsession, or if you're a regular chat it up with that cute guy/gal that makes your daily espresso.

- Bowling Alleys: You can show off your bowling skills and possibly meet someone just as competitive as you are!

- Target: I realize this one may sound crazy, but it makes sense. If you hang out in the book section you might meet someone with the same book interests, same goes for the music section and so on. Maybe meet someone who likes the same plates.

- The Gym: This mostly goes for you men. There's lots of women with low self esteem at the gym! GIVE THEM A COMPLIMENT. Not to mention get yourself buff in the process. ;)

- Outside Your Home: Just get the fuck outside. Or as internet people call it, gtfo.

In our next chapter we'll discuss actually asking the lonelys you meet on a date! Soon after we'll get into actual relationships and all the crap that comes along with.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Sebastian

Quote from: Dude on February 16, 2015, 09:10:33 PM
Hmmm.....very interesting. Thanks Dude!
ETFROXX did a good job on that.

Dude

Sebastian

mikey

Is there a place around your town that all the natives inhabit?  Try going there occasionally, maybe bring your cello
unmotivated

Clanker37

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 16, 2015, 09:41:59 PMIs there a place around your town that all the natives inhabit?  Try going there occasionally, maybe bring your cello
Why hello sir/madam, ever been with a man with a big...cello?

Saria

Quote from: Clanker37 on February 17, 2015, 01:11:22 AMWhy hello sir/madam, ever been with a man with a big...cello?

idk why but i laughed too hard at this
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

mikey

Quote from: Clanker37 on February 17, 2015, 01:11:22 AMWhy hello sir/madam, ever been with a man with a big...cello?
Hey girl wanna see my
cello
unmotivated

Sebastian

Ruto

I met one of my BFFs because we were in the same calc group. The following year, she realized I was good at art and I helped her think of something cool to make and then we were just hanging around the hand-choppingly dangerous equipment in the woodworking studio late to help her finish it by the due date. I also hid in her dorm room when she was RA until I secured off-campus housing.

So the lesson is, they're everywhere. But mostly you want the type of person that can bail you from prison.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.