News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The NSM Advice Column

Started by K-NiGhT, January 15, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

ETFROXX

Spoiler
[close]

Ok I need your guys' help. I'm going to bed and when I get up I better have advice. What do I need to change to make this closer to this:

Spoiler
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Um, is the problem that your having trouble drawing him. Or is it....far more serious than that?

...Oh God, you did not.

Tell me you didn't do it ETF.

Tell me you didn't open the Pandora's Box of anime.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ETFROXX

I'm drawing it for someone.

I just want suggestions dammit.

Bubbles

Im assuming you mean besides drawing the rest :P

Pay close attention to details, ESPECIALLY the eyes. Eyes are what make up the person, and the slightest change could drastically change the whole picture. Idk what the picture is supposed to be like, but he looks a little...insane? So make the pupils smallee than you normally would, and dont forget the little lines under his eyes for that effect. Try using guidelines to get the nose and mouth in the closest-to-perfect areas

Really all I can say is what I've heard over and over again - just draw what you see, not what you think you see. If a part looks meh, erase it and redraw it until youre satisfied. There was something else I wanted to say but I forgot.

Though people think I'm an artist because I can draw, all I really am is a perfectionist. Just don't stop until its as close as you can get it, but remember that its just about impossible to EXACTLY copy it

Sorry I dont know how much you know about drawing so those are just my basic rules :D

edit: Oh yeah and after drawing for a bit, step back and look at it. Dont just stop drawing, stare at something else like your wall or something for a little bit, then look back at it from a disyance. Sometimes you get so absorbed in drawing that you dont even see what youre drawing, if that makes any sense XD

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 16, 2013, 11:39:49 PMI'm drawing it for someone.

I just want suggestions dammit.
phew. that was a close one

Well, it seems you've got the bulk of it done. The hair is just a bunch of spikes so that should be simple. Same with a headband, If your want to know how you could improve it ummmm, I dunno. It's looks pretty well done to me. Maybe thicken of the eye-line/lash/whatevs, since they're supoosed to be fox-ish(also known as FOXY)

WAIT, WHY DA FUCK AM I CRITQUING YOUR SHIT WHEN YOU YA WOULDN'T SO MUCH AS COMMENT ON MINE, YA JACKWAGGON.

OH YA, CUZ I'M AWESOME. And board. Oh so very board.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

How do you deal with someone you cant stand? Just ignoring them/staying away/making up isnt an option

SuperFireKirby

There's only one person on the face of the earth I can't stand. And I deal with him by yelling at him and calling him a moron/creep/jerkass/pervert/giant forehead when he gets on my nerves by being a moron/creep/jerkass/pervert/giant forehead.

Prolly not the best way to deal with a person tho.

Mashi

Depends on who the person is!  If it's someone of standing, you could always make him/her a rival of yours.
If not, you could try talking to him/her as well.  And if that fails, confront him/her again.  But in front of a bunch of people so he/she knows you're serious!!!  Chances are that if you have to go this far, the person in question is distasteful enough for you to be supported by others too.  In the worst case, the person won't change, but hopefully won't bother you as much!

Bubbles

But I dont want them to hate me back, I just want them to go away XD

Mashi

What kind of person is it?  How is he/she bothering you?

Bubbles

Shes just this girl who is in half of my classes. Extremely condescending and selfish, but also tries cracking jokes once in a while (you can guess how those turn out). She raises her hand during class to tell the teachers that she misses her old school (she left because of bullying) because the people there weren't as uneducated and dumb as they are at my school. Im not even joking. I also have to do a group project with her.

I feel like a little kid but asdfjkldasjf she just makes me MAD

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on February 21, 2013, 06:44:00 PMShe raises her hand during class to tell the teachers that she misses her old school (she left because of bullying) because the people there weren't as uneducated and dumb as they are at my school. Im not even joking. I also have to do a group project with her.
Show her that the people in your school are not dumb: explode her mind with wonderful knowledge.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 21, 2013, 06:56:59 PMShow her that the people in your school are not dumb: explode her mind with wonderful C-4.
ftfy.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on February 21, 2013, 07:40:38 PMftfy.
But then Bubbles might end up in jail (or, at the very least, juvenile hall). :(
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber