News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The NSM Advice Column

Started by K-NiGhT, January 15, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

Quote from: spitllama on August 05, 2013, 11:24:43 PMPeanut butter and honey sammich
i exchanged the peanut butter for nutella.

It was great.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Ruto

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 06, 2013, 06:08:18 PMi exchanged the peanut butter for nutella.

It was great.

Exchange the honey for nutella for a diabetes sandwich.

Nutella is awesome and worth it ._:

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on August 06, 2013, 07:58:31 PMExchange the honey for nutella for a diabetes sandwich.

Nutella is awesome and worth it ._:
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ruto

My signature is diabeetus! D:

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

TheZeldaPianist275

Okay guys.  I need some advice.

I just got my Wii back from being repaired.  Only it wasn't repaired.  NoA didn't do it because, even though it was a problem with the disc drive, I had downloaded the Homebrew Channel at one point.  Even though I deleted it, they said the data was still altered so that they couldn't fix it.  I'm still wondering if that means they COULDN'T fix it, or they WOULDN'T fix it because of unauthorized software.

So I'm stuck.  I really don't want to buy a new one, for many reasons.  Do you guys know of any way I could get repairs done by someone other than Nintendo, or if you have a way I can fix it myself?

Bubbles

I don't see why downloading something would alter the disc drive, so I'm assume its because they just won't do it. I'm not very learned in the technology replacement department, but couldn't you just buy the part you need replaced and do it yourself? If you're not good with machines, a technology store might do it for you.

I remember when my DS got wacked up, all I wanted to do was open it up and look inside, since something involving the start switch got loose (you could hear it rattling around). The problem was, the screws in the DS were a special design that I couldn't open with anything I could find in stores. I could see them doing the same thing for the wii too, so maybe opening it might be a problem

MaestroUGC

Of course they wouldn't repair it for you. You modified your system and its content. Nobody likes that, it also makes it harder to fix the software should something like that break.

But since this is hardware, you'd either have to do it yourself or find someone else.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 20, 2013, 11:20:10 AMOkay guys.  I need some advice.

I just got my Wii back from being repaired.  Only it wasn't repaired.  NoA didn't do it because, even though it was a problem with the disc drive, I had downloaded the Homebrew Channel at one point.  Even though I deleted it, they said the data was still altered so that they couldn't fix it.  I'm still wondering if that means they COULDN'T fix it, or they WOULDN'T fix it because of unauthorized software.

So I'm stuck.  I really don't want to buy a new one, for many reasons.  Do you guys know of any way I could get repairs done by someone other than Nintendo, or if you have a way I can fix it myself?
Had you said something about this earlier, I would have helped you virginize it but I think it's too late now.

of course, now you can reinstall the homebrew channel, get a usb drive and play games off of that i guess.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Dude on August 20, 2013, 04:07:23 PMHad you said something about this earlier, I would have helped you virginize it but I think it's too late now.

of course, now you can reinstall the homebrew channel, get a usb drive and play games off of that i guess.

How does that work?

Dude

Nintendo probably already scanned your serial number so they probably won't accept it for repairs, so either way it doesn't matter anymore.

Just either pirate the games off of a torrent site that I won't give you or find someone who has a working wii disc drive, the homebrew channel, and a computer hooked up to the same wifi network and use this