News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The NSM Advice Column

Started by K-NiGhT, January 15, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

blueflower999 has grown to be very cordial and agreeable since my initial impression of him. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm not as smart as I may appear. :P
I think the title of smartest goes to Ruto!

Kman96

Mashi, you don't have to be smart to give good advice! ;D
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bubbles

How do you boost your self esteem :/

SlowPokemon

Go-to solution: write music

In all seriousness, depends on the type of self-esteem. What's yer problem?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Idk... I kinda waver. Mostly appearance wise, but occasionally other little things like social interaction or even just self worth. Its not like I hate myself, I just get...depressed sometimes. Not to the point of hurting myself in any way though, and I don't think it will ever really get that bad, but its at a point where its just, well, depressing

Shadoninja

[Redacted]

Bubbles

Shadoninja

[Redacted]

Mashi

In your case, you could always look in a mirror and see how cute you are. ;)

What's bothering you though, if I may ask?  Depending on the situation, I would recommend different things.  Though, in general, you should remember that you're a genial and amicable person.  You're quite bright for your age and an important member to our community.  You may not think you're a super ultra coll person, but we certainly do, and our opinion of you surpasses yours until you concur, because ours is the truth!!!

I'll have to think of some creative ways for you to boost your self-esteem (most methods I've learnt of deal with stress), but I'll be sure to mention some as I think of them!

blueflower999

Yeah. What Mashi said.

Quote from: Mashi on February 12, 2013, 07:00:43 PMIn your case, you could always look in a mirror and see how cute you are. ;)
Especially this  ::)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

none of us have even SEEN you and we all think that.

That should tell you something.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

None of us meaning...you? XD Tinychat, slow.

Thanks Mashi :) But if you mean stress as in I'm so stressed out my self esteem is lowering, thats definitely not the case. I'm actually incredibly laid back for what you'd expect a new freshman to be (though I guess I'm not so new anymore, huh). I never really stress out about things too much, since I don't really see the point.

Idk how to really explain the type of problem I have though. All I can think of is that whenever I go clothes shopping with a friend, if the dressing room has more than one mirror (meaning you can see yourself from different angles) I won't try anything on. I get really depressed when I stand in front of those, and I don't want to ruin the entire shopping trip by my bad attitude, so I just dont go in. Meanwhile theres people "oh you're so tall and you cant get fat why are you complaining you're just making everyone else feel bad" but that doesn't really make me feel any better.

Then other times its like "damn i cant do this and its really pissing me off", then I guess I just get really frustrated to the point where I blame everything on myself because I dont understand.  My parents say that whenever something doesnt come really fast to me and I understand it within a few minutes or so, I get really pissy. Normally I would just say thats because I'm spoiled and school is finally getting hard but that sounds like I'm blaming myself again doesnt it :/