News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The NSM Advice Column

Started by K-NiGhT, January 15, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 28, 2013, 01:57:34 AMonly sometimes

And yea, if people ever directly ask me I just say I'm not religious.. "atheist" has too much of the negative "gigantic douche-nozzle" stigma to it.

me irl
[close]

Clanker37

I just say I believe in Science and stuff. But then I get called a Scientology Nutcase >_>

ETFROXX

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on January 27, 2013, 06:13:55 PMGive me advice!  Do I ever tell my very religious parents that I'm atheist or do I just hold it in forever.

I understand this is hard but I wouldn't hold it in forever. That's a huge part of yourself to hide. I've told my mom but not my aunt and uncle (whom I live with). They aren't overly religious but in a way they are...? They're alcholics and God is a HUGE part of recovery. So I get why its hard. Especially if I tell them something that helped them so much in getting sober is, I think, non existant.

I do plan to tell them, but I am also not sure how.

IM NO HELP BUT I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on January 27, 2013, 06:13:55 PMGive me advice!  Do I ever tell my very religious parents that I'm atheist or do I just hold it in forever.
Move to Canadia where we don't care what you believe in.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

why is your solution always to move to canada
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 28, 2013, 07:20:53 AMwhy is your solution always to move to canada
Because we're better than you and we know it.

Toby

Or move to Scotland where we kill you for not being like us... :)

Waddle Bro

you mean being like guys who wear dresses

Toby

We're devils in skirts if anything.

Where I live, we have the highest crime rate in Europe.

SlowPokemon

That's not something to brag about.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Clanker37

Or move to Australia. Where we'll bash you if you come on a boat, tax anything that's fun and make a 3 hour drive away.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Quote from: Mashi on January 27, 2013, 09:16:03 PMI think you should tell them out of respect, Concerto.  It'll probably hurt them and they may possibly pester you about it, but I feel that they would deserve the truth.
I think they may do more than just pester me.  Maybe disown me or something, idk.  At least my father might.  At the very least I'd expect to be removed from the house.  It's just they force me to pray sometimes and also to read scripture.  It's not often, but it's hard to stomach.  Also they're Mormons, so while they're not crazy themselves, their beliefs are.  The way they were raised doesn't allow them to see that though.

Quote from: ETFROXX on January 28, 2013, 06:52:58 AMI understand this is hard but I wouldn't hold it in forever. That's a huge part of yourself to hide. I've told my mom but not my aunt and uncle (whom I live with). They aren't overly religious but in a way they are...? They're alcholics and God is a HUGE part of recovery. So I get why its hard. Especially if I tell them something that helped them so much in getting sober is, I think, non existant.

I do plan to tell them, but I am also not sure how.

IM NO HELP BUT I FEEL YOUR PAIN.
Thanks.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on January 28, 2013, 04:26:23 PMMormons
Please don't tell me you have/had to go on that religious mission for 2 years.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on January 28, 2013, 04:26:23 PMI think they may do more than just pester me.  Maybe disown me or something, idk.  At least my father might.  At the very least I'd expect to be removed from the house.  It's just they force me to pray sometimes and also to read scripture.  It's not often, but it's hard to stomach.  Also they're Mormons, so while they're not crazy themselves, their beliefs are.  The way they were raised doesn't allow them to see that though.
Thanks.
I'm so thankful I don't live in religionland and that my family doesn't care what I believe in.