News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Finale Playback Audio Problem

Started by JDMEK5, January 15, 2013, 03:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I've had Finale 2012 for about 4 hours now, and I'm already having issues.
I can't hear a single, darned thing when I hit the playback. I can hear notes I'm entering, but not in playback.

What's wrong?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JDMEK5

Fixed. I had my 'Device' under 'Instrument List' set to (missing). ??? Whatever. It's all good now.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 15, 2013, 04:13:34 PMYay you have the full version!! :D
Yeah!!! But now I've got another question: how do I start the playback at a certain measure? (Not always from the beginning)

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 15, 2013, 04:46:13 PMYeah!!! But now I've got another question: how do I start the playback at a certain measure? (Not always from the beginning)
Playback settings (the speaker icon), -> current counter settings. You can also Ctrl click the measure but it will play without human playback. Also try Ctrl space and ctrl shift space.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 15, 2013, 05:35:27 PMThanks a lot!

Anything for a member of the awesome club. If you want the template I use, I could link it to you.

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 15, 2013, 03:39:36 PMFixed. I had my 'Device' under 'Instrument List' set to (missing). ??? Whatever. It's all good now.

Lolololol so that's how you fix that problem! I upgraded about two weeks ago and playback has never worked on new files. :P maybe I'll fix that or something...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 15, 2013, 06:37:06 PMAnything for a member of the awesome club. If you want the template I use, I could link it to you.
Sure.

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Now what about making the right hand say piano, while keeping the left hand mezzo forte? How do you keep them from sharing dynamics?

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38ttkde4cacg1qf/NSM%202012.ftm
I recommend putting this in your Dropbox. In fact, I would recommend moving all of your configuration files to Dropbox.

Navigate to your user folder and look for "AppData" (You may have to show hidden files) and then Roaming/Makemusic/Finale 2012.
Put the template in Finale 2012/Music Files/Default Files.
Copy the "Finale 2012" folder to Dropbox.

Then in Finale, Edit-> Preferences-> New and browse for the template.

In Folders, Browse for, Music, Document Styles, Default Files, Templates, Libraries, Configuration Files, Font Annotation.

To edit the template, just open and save it as a Template File (Files of type: Finale Template File (*.ftm))

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 16, 2013, 09:55:23 AMNow what about making the right hand say piano, while keeping the left hand mezzo forte? How do you keep them from sharing dynamics?
Two methods:

1) Different Dynamic(s) throughout the piece

Put the piano in the middle and mezzo forte below the left hand.
In ScoreManager (Window->ScoreManager Ctrl+K), click the triangle to expand and change the left hand's channel to 2.
(Optional) Hide the dynamic by right clicking it and unchecking "Show".

2) Different Dynamics for part of the piece

Put the piano in the middle and mezzo forte below the left hand.
Create a miscellaneous expression. I'll call this (1)
Playback-> Type: Channel
Effect-> Set to Value: 2

Duplicate this expression and set the value to 1. I'll call this (2)

Place (1) in the measure where the dynamics differ and (2) where it's the same. It doesn't matter which hand it goes on just as long as you put both of them in the same staff.