Journey Into The Mind Of razer84: A Collection Of Songs (updated 12-6)

Started by razer84, May 04, 2008, 03:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razer84

well, here is the place where i will share my strange, disturbing, and awfully epically composed songs.

Well, here is my next piece of music. This one i actually tried to make sound good, so it's not just a bunch of notes. This is my first attempt in earnest at making a real piece of music. It's a medley of song from the Dark Knight and Batman Begins soundtracks.

It's still a work in progress, so let me know what you think (and yes, I know the left hand part is insane, I play it with my right hand and play all the right hand stuff with my left hand :-\)

So, check it out: Dark Knight/Batman Begins Soundtrack Medley (it doesn't really have a title...)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

up next is a fantastically maniacal piece called The Insane King. i hope you enjoy it as much as my last one.

as you will see, i took some of your complaints to heart...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first up is something i threw together in record time: something i call, Danger Island.

feel free to comment however you like.

damn commies.

Brawler4Ever

Commentary of a nobody:
I think that it's too..reckless? Like on measure 9, it goes from normal to really quiet and back again in a measure. You have good ideas, but you scrunch them together (as you said, in record time). It creates...recklessness.  :P
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

random_goldfish

Hmm...well my first comment goes to the non-existent range on the violin and viola part...my next comment goes to the chords...uhm...holy crap...a few too many notes going on there...the overall feel of the song was good but there are definate (issues we'll call them) with the song.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Akiro

um...9 note chords...?

It's a disgrace to mankind... :o

razer84

just wait till you all hear my next piece... ;)

last night i added ten straight measures of 32nd notes, and a ten note chord.

damn commies.

Brawler4Ever

razer84

with the new song, listen to it as it is first, then change all the instruments to 'Orchestra Hit.' it sounds even epic-er that way.

damn commies.

Beethoven II

Just stop. You call these songs?  Umm....random notes is more like it.  Stick to playing the songs, not making them.

razer84

Quote from: Beethoven II on May 07, 2008, 05:07:03 PMJust stop. You call these songs?  Umm....random notes is more like it.  Stick to playing the songs, not making them.

my reaction: ROFLOL

damn commies.

Akiro

Seriously?
Why do you waste time in making these things?  Just stop.

The Insane King sounds just about as crap as every instrument set as Orchestra Hit.  It does not make it sound more 'epic' who frickin' uses 40(ish) note chords?

Also, I have never heard anyone have the same exact thing in 6 measures back to back in what you call a 'song'.

B-Kpianist

i just started cracking up when i heard it! :D Very strange, messed up song!

random_goldfish

Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

razer84

Yeah, after a long hiatus, I'm back! Please check out my new song, I actually tried to make a real piece of music this time (since all of you pointed out that my last ones sucked). It's not done, but there's enough there to critique if you want.

Thanks for checking it out.

damn commies.

Brawler4Ever

Very nice. If I could play that well, then I would play that song. It's awesome.  :D
Measure 18: You can put a dotted half not in place of the tie. Most pianists prefer songs that way.
The song is supposed to be in F Major, but it's too late, I think, to change that.
And, personally, I don't like Measures 63 and up. What song is that? Or is that part of the same song?
I like it.  :)

And your first two song links are broken, btw.  ;)

razer84

63+ you can hear parts of in Introduce a Little Anarchy and Like a Dog Chasing Cars (and the last few measures are from a song on the Batman Begins soundtrack, I think either Molossus or Antrozonous [i probably misspelled those...]) I don't think the tunes ever appear next to each other in any of the soundtrack songs, but since they're all in the same key I decided to put them together.

And the tie was just a mistake in measure 18, I realized it was supposed to be 3 beats but was to lazy to change it to a dotted half at the time.

It's still being worked on, so thanks for the feedback.

damn commies.