i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Yugi

Could someone please trade me a Houndoomite?

I can give you my Manetricite if you want.

FierceDeity

Quote from: DonValentino on November 01, 2013, 03:22:28 PMOh well, never mind, I turned on the Exp Share. It should be enough to get level up a little bit faster I think.

A little bit faster? Try "crazy fucking ridiculously faster"

KefkaticFanatic

New Exp Share is probably one of the best gameplay updates in this game.  Does wonders reducing obnoxious grinding and constantly swapping around your party.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

It makes the game way too easy though. I completely smashed the league because my 'mons were overleveled. And I didn't even grind, nor did I catch a bunch of pokémon.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

I wouldn't call not requiring excessive grinding to be what makes it easy though, I feel that that's just a stock improvement.  I think what makes it too easy is that they didn't bother to scale levels properly in this game at all.  I'm finding that I've been overleveled since I even got to the first gym leader.  I still swap around pokemon to give myself a little variety so they've been trained decently evenly as well.  Just a design flaw in the game imo that people are relating to something I feel doesn't affect it.

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

can someone breed me a modest fennekin? I'll get u something good for it ;D
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 02, 2013, 03:24:28 AMNew Exp Share is probably one of the best gameplay updates in this game.  Does wonders reducing obnoxious grinding and constantly swapping around your party.

Totally disagree. Mine were way too OP throughout the game, it's only useful for raising multiple Pokemon at the same time for the Pokedex.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

I just got a pokemon with the pokerus from a wondertrade. If anyone wants it, let me know.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 02, 2013, 01:39:33 PMTotally disagree. Mine were way too OP throughout the game, it's only useful for raising multiple Pokemon at the same time for the Pokedex.
From a competitive point of view, Gen VI's Exp. Share is one of the most useful changes in the whole series.

Not only does it help you grind your Pokémon to needed levels much faster, it makes EV training so fast like omg.

FierceDeity

I mean, competitively speaking, yeah, it's ridiculously helpful, but slow's talking about in the main storyline (the main reason I play any of the games), and I totally agree with him. Pretty much all I've done is fight all trainers I come across and throw quick balls at any pokemon not in my pokedex yet, and my team is at god mode. Even my HM whore can 1-hit mostly everything at this point. It's rather ridiculous.

KefkaticFanatic

As I said before, I am pretty sure the problem is that they just didn't scale trainer levels properly for what level you are expected to be.  You are still training about the same rate as if you swapped between individually, the issue is that you are *always* overleveled.  I notice this with the pokemon that I swap between (which would be the same level if I were following the training style in the old games...) and with the rando-exp-shared ones (i.e. my HM slaves or random ones I haven't decided whether or not to keep).  New exp share just saves you the trouble of constant party switching.

It's just a simple difficulty design problem that for some reason they seem to have not spent time balancing in this gen.  Perhaps because they accelerated development to release it in every region simultaneously?  Dunno but just saying "exp share is bad because it makes things easy" seems too hollow of an analysis to me.

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

Exp. Share was made for the new players who don't know shit what they're doing, I feel.

Jompa

I've been playing with it turned off, because that's the cool thing to do. Another reason is that I absolutely hate when I'm playing with over-leveled Pokémon - or better put, too strong Pokémon.
However though, and even with only three Pokémon in use on my team, I am always under-leveled for every new area I step into (and a bit too much so too). The whole dimension of levels in this game is (I'd go as far as saying) extremely unbalanced, but I guess if they're taking into consideration that most people play with the exp.share thing on, then I guess the only issue is that people are over-leveled.
So I feel like I have to choose between a rather boring and unchallenging gameplay where I'm 10 lv above everything (which is what I hear everyone is), or what I'm doing now, where I'm under-leveled all the time.
I will go for the non-exp.share-playing, but it's seriously annoying how the game wasn't designed for that.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

I still had to train certain Pokemon specifically even with Exp Share on. I was never really over 5 levels above the trainers (ten for my starter) and I dont see whats wrong with that