i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on September 25, 2013, 08:12:13 AMErr... I'm not sure if I like the new evo or not.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
It reminds me a little of Magneton. Not really what I expected, but as long as it doesn't evolve into three blades stuck together, I think it's fine.
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kman96

Quote from: Roz~ on September 25, 2013, 08:12:13 AMErr... I'm not sure if I like the new evo or not.

Spoiler
[close]
yeah...out of all the gen 6 Pokemon that have been revealed so far, this is by far the most disappointing. Honedge was creepy on its own, but I'm actually a little ashamed of this one...

Honedge's description is that it is a departed soul reaped inside of a sword once owned by humans...what's doublade's? Just...2 Honedge's? It's similar to magnemite/magneton in that instance, but I just think it's weird to make an evolution to something that's already hella creepy.

...I don't like it.
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

I'm not a huge fan either, but tbh I didn't even like Honedge that much. So of course I don't like two.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Seems like GameFreak can't come out with a new generation of pokémon without introducing some kind of new dud like this. >:(
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Waddle Bro

I think it's really cool, with some backstory, that could possibly be one of the coolest pkmn ever.
Like, two brave warrior teammate spirits found each other and still fight side by side. I'd like something like that.

but

that smile

JDMEK5

The backstory for Honedge seems pretty cool. But the second you make an evolution for it, it becomes less cool. Just like how the life of a solo vigilante (single) is so much cooler than a married person. (Not to say being married is a problem)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 25, 2013, 12:24:14 PMThe backstory for Honedge seems pretty cool. But the second you make an evolution for it, it becomes less cool. Just like how the life of a solo vigilante (single) is so much cooler than a married person. (Not to say being married is a problem)

Yeah that makes no sense

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 25, 2013, 12:08:41 PMI think it's really cool, with some backstory, that could possibly be one of the coolest pkmn ever.
Like, two brave warrior teammate spirits found each other and still fight side by side. I'd like something like that.

but

that smile

Hmm yeah... It has a cool typing but I'm not sold on the design.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 25, 2013, 12:33:15 PMYeah that makes no sense
I guess what I meant is if you make an evolution for it, it becomes less mysterious. Which is what made the backstory for Honedge so cool to me.

Cut me some slack; I'm good with puns, not analogies.

My Arrangements

Nebbles

I like Honedge's evolution tbh, it doesn't bother me too much.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

I gotta admit, its name is genius.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

JDMEK5

And I just discovered its actual eyes. That helps.

My Arrangements

Yugi

fingerz

...I think of the Magnemite and Kling evolution line when I see Doublade. If it turns out like that, I'm gonna facepalm. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Yugi

Chespin final Evo?
[close]