i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Nebbles

No, no, no. No Team Rocket. I'm sick of Kanto being brought back. I want a new team, and I want them to be good.

If X and Y are about genetics, I want some crazy-evil team bent on mutating pokemon into over-powered beings to take over the world. Not a "lol gonna take over the world for fun"
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DonValentino

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 13, 2013, 01:45:08 PMTime travel? That adds another rumor to the theme of the games this time, along with DNA and 3D. I see a connection with Time Gears from PMD, but that doesnt necessarily confirm it since anyone could've made it up

What I was trying to say is that if the only reason there were complete listings of Unova Pokemon online was because people hacked Pokemon Black/White, they wouldnt be able to hack X/Y since its a 3ds game, which means we wouldnt get a complete listing until they make a pokedex book or something

I really like the idea of time travelling. Sorta the time travelling of Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs would be nice.

Ah, don't worry about that. I'm sure some Japanese guy will complete the new pokedex in 4 days or so. xD

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on April 13, 2013, 01:46:05 PMNo, no, no. No Team Rocket. I'm sick of Kanto being brought back. I want a new team, and I want them to be good.

If X and Y are about genetics, I want some crazy-evil team bent on mutating pokemon into over-powered beings to take over the world. Not a "lol gonna take over the world for fun"
Genetics?? Makes me think of Deoxys (no new forms... please). O_O
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

That seems to be what it's gonna do, so yeah... I really hope we get good villains. Plasma did so many things right.

DonValentino

Quote from: Nebbles on April 13, 2013, 01:46:05 PMIf X and Y are about genetics, I want some crazy-evil team bent on mutating pokemon into over-powered beings to take over the world. Not a "lol gonna take over the world for fun"

OHH!! That reminded me of something!

http://esepibe.deviantart.com/art/Deoxys-infects-Mewtwo-43349377
http://esepibe.deviantart.com/art/Infected-Tentacruel-I-Series-46668632

Awesome pictures where Deoxys infects other Pokemon (and even humans!) and control them. Well, Deoxys was an alien virus after all.

Nebbles

Ooh, a virus... that'd be interesting if done right.

DonValentino

Yeah, but don't expect something very serious. Like it or not, Pokemon games are (unfairly) made more for kids than for mature poeple (Game Corner removal, anyone?).

Some virus similar to that of Resident Evil (no zombified Pokemon though, just something like the Pokemon infected by Deoxys of my last post), where the evil team would be something like Umbrella, would be really awesome imo. But I think dark pokemon from Colosseum and XD are the best we can ever get from this "infection"/"pokemon modification" idea.

Waddle Bro

Guys. Sorry to break your fantasy bubble, but there's no way in a (ver)million years that PMD would be somehow related to the main series. Spin-offs stick as spin-offs.

@Don
Pokemon isn't targeted especially for children.

Nebbles

It could still work, at least. I just don't need or want a Team Rocket Two.

Bubbles

I never said it was, I just pointed out that I noticed something >.> Also I havent heard anything about that group until now

And Pokemon is targeted at children but they know that theres a huge group of older people that play it, so they add things. For example, I doubt a kid would actually EV train or try to breed Pokemon with move sets (Ive never done any of those so idk how they work :P), but no company would make a game for older people with the main idea being friendship and teamwork (or at least at bluntly as they do it sometimes)

Waddle Bro

*too tired to make an analysis of Nintendo's marketing techniques and explain why Pokemon is targeted for all ages*

Well, here's a quickie:
Nintendo targets with its marketing to the younger audience, but the actual games are far from targeting children.

DonValentino

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 13, 2013, 02:37:16 PMNintendo targets with its marketing to the younger audience, but the actual games are far from targeting children.

Well yeah, agreed! A kid would not understand all the seriousness behind the villainous teams, for example, but you can't say they're not targeted to children. Again, Game Corner. If the games weren't really targeted to children, they wouldn't have removed it.
It's sad, I know, but it is what it is.

Nebbles

I miss the game corner, and gen 5... didn't make up for it. Musicals weren't that great. I hope gen 6 does.

Yugi

FSM-Reapr