i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Bubbles

Its pronounced SIHL-vee-on, right? I want to make sure I have it right so I dont have to relearn it later, and I keep thinking SIHL-wee-on from Latin ::)

Roz~

Pretty sure that's how it's pronounced.  Also it might be a Flying type because Sylph and stuff.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FSM-Reapr

You know, when Sylveon is revealed to be Fightning type, I'm going to say "I told you so" so hard.

SlowPokemon

Why you do keep saying "fightning" XD makes me read "lightning"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

Lol my brains do it automatically!!!

Bubbles

The problem is that is has so many characteristics of so many different types.

Fighting:
Sylveon, you said like Sylvester Stallone (Rocky?), it also knows Focus Blast (which none of the other Eeveelutions do). The problem with these is that Sylvester only played a boxer, and is realy an actor (we are talking about him, right? XD) and as far as we know ALL the Eeveelutions could know Focus Blast in gen VI. Also the Japanese name has Nin (as in ninja) but I'm not entirely sure if ninja is the same in English as it is in Japanese

Flying:
Similar color scheme to Skyla (even if you guys dont believe me -_-), those wispy tail thingies. Also, as Roz said, Sylph. But really all of those could just be coincidences, and I think it would be hard for that Pokemon to fly, but they would have to do it eventually if they want to have an eeveelution for each type, right?

Bug:
Its french name (Nymphali) is apparently a type of butterfly (?), and another butterfly in English with Syl- in its name? Along with Nymph being a form of some insect, and its big buggy eyes. Silva (or Sylva) means "forest" in Latin, and is also known as "woodsy" or a wooded area, aka where bugs live

Normal:
Theres nothing that really stands out as a certain type about its design, and too many things to base its name off of, leading some people to think it will evolve using a shiny stone or some other form of staying normal

Steel:
Really only because the Sylv in its name made me think of silver :3

Alternate:
Some people also believe that this Pokemon will be female exclusive, meaning there will be another male-counterpart. This would go along with the XY chromosome theme (if thats what they're doing, and not the XYZ 3D theme). Sylveon is pretty feminine with the ribbons and bows. Nymphs (its french name) in greek mythology are always female, and in Roman mythology Silvia is a goddess. The only thing I can see wrong with this is that they would have released the male counterpart at the same time as Sylveon, and why would they make a female only Eeveelution?

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 08, 2013, 04:11:22 PMI'm going to choose Chespin as my starter and name him Chespinben :3
Saw this and TOTES going to do this.
That reminds me when I played through Diamond for the first time. I named my Piplup "Piplupking"

SlowPokemon

I'm voting bug. Did you notice that the bows look like butterflies, too?

Jompa

Wow Bubbles, you did your homework!

I think it is a normal type.
Why would they only make one Eeveelution if they chose some abstract type like bug, or fighting or rock? Doesn't seem like something smart people would do.
Besides it looks really normal-typed. I mean, it is very Pokémon-y to make normal-pokémon pink.
Also, if Eevee even needed another evolution I think normal-type would make sense. It's kinda the type they should've included with Glaceon and Leafeon. :P
Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

Quote from: Jompa on February 14, 2013, 09:51:33 AMWow Bubbles, you did your homework!

I think it is a normal type.
Why would they only make one Eeveelution if they chose some abstract type like bug, or fighting or rock? Doesn't seem like something smart people would do.
Besides it looks really normal-typed. I mean, it is very Pokémon-y to make normal-pokémon pink.
Also, if Eevee even needed another evolution I think normal-type would make sense. It's kinda the type they should've included with Glaceon and Leafeon. :P
Excuse me for saying this, but normal is such a stupid type. I mean, it has no strengths and one weakness!
(It's weakness to strength ratio is 100%! :P)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Bubbles

Quote from: Jompa on February 14, 2013, 09:51:33 AMWow Bubbles, you did your homework!
I NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT OK

I hear people saying its pink but I dont see it?

It seems more like a faded orangey-red to me, like if you took the color of Skyla's hair (here I go again ::) ) and faded it out

A side note - DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH SKYLA T.T

And wasnt there an entire anime episode dedicated to why normal types aren't useless? XD

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on February 14, 2013, 09:58:45 AMA side note - DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH SKYLA T.T

Oh rule 34, you bastard.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 14, 2013, 09:54:26 AMNormal is not a stupid type.
Very well. Normal moves are extraordinarily powerful to make up for the lack of types they're strong against, but there's absolutely no way I'd build a team with a pokemon who's only type is normal.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jompa

Bubbles, that's pink! Not orange or red - Pink!
The fury areas are pink, while the main body is kinda pinkishly-white.
Birdo for Smash