News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by Jub3r7, January 08, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokemon super mystery dungeon

Yes, absolutely!
6 (54.5%)
i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Bubbles

I remember they made a huge deal about Victini being a brand new type combination, so I wouldnt be surprised if they do it again. Anyway, I think Fennekin would be a Fire-Psychic while Victini is Psychic-Fire. Theres a difference, right? :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on January 09, 2013, 02:10:31 PMI actually didn't think it reminded me of anything. It looked pretty original to me, so I don't even know what y'all are talking about.
I like Chespin. It's definitely my choice, out of the starters. Though, I might change my mind after seeing the evolutions..

Yeah...I really hope Chespin has cool evolutions. Actually, I hope all three have cool evolutions.

The coolest "new age" starters were definitely the Hoenn ones. All three were cute, and all three had evolutions with really cool designs. I really don't want another Emboar and even Samurott was a bit too formulaic. Serperior was cool but there wasn't much to its design, again very formulaic, and its pre-evolutions didn't have great designs. I want some more innovative ones like Swampert or Sceptile.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

This brings me to ask 2 questions of all your people out there who are more Poke-nerds than I am:

1. What's important about primary and secondary types? Wouldn't a Pokemon that's Rock/Ground behave the same as one that's Ground/Rock? (Not sure if there actually is one like this, I'm just making an example)

2. Why do so many fire starters become party fighting type?! Chimchar did, Torchic did, and now Tepig did too!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jub3r7

My brother speculates that it's going to be grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting.

Grass+dark seems like a really cool combination, just saying.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 09, 2013, 02:17:16 PMThis brings me to ask 2 questions of all your people out there who are more Poke-nerds than I am:

1. What's important about primary and secondary types? Wouldn't a Pokemon that's Rock/Ground behave the same as one that's Ground/Rock? (Not sure if there actually is one like this, I'm just making an example)

2. Why do so many fire starters become party fighting type?! Chimchar did, Torchic did, and now Tepig did too!

1. No difference technically, just accentuates which type it is "more of"--Geodude is Rock- and Ground because it's more Rock than Ground; Rhyhorn is Ground- and Rock-type because it's more Ground than Rock. That's just speculation, it makes sense when you think about it.

2. Fire- and Fighting-types get a lot of coverage as to what they are super effective against--this accentuates the idea that Fire-type is better offensively than Grass-type and Water-type.

Yugi

When I see Xerneas I think Xemnas.

It seems that I am addicted to Kingdom Hearts now.

Zunawe

I can't see the psychic in Fennekin's design. Based on the sprite alone, I would have guessed Fire/Normal if that were possible. Of course, evolutions will probably make it a little easier to see whatever it is.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dudeman

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 09, 2013, 02:18:37 PMGrass+dark seems like a really cool combination, just saying.
Shiftry is grass/dark...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

But it's the only grass/dark family, isn't it? We need more unique combos...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

Fire/Water would be extremely well done if pulled off correctly.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 09, 2013, 02:18:37 PMGrass+dark seems like a really cool combination, just saying.
Not really. Double weakness to bug isn't fun.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

EFitTrainr

wut
isn't there already a water type based off of a frog
I like food.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on January 09, 2013, 06:57:28 PMBut it's the only grass/dark family, isn't it? We need more unique combos...

You're forgetting about Cacturne who is already pretty awesome :P