News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by Jub3r7, January 08, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokemon super mystery dungeon

Yes, absolutely!
6 (54.5%)
i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Jompa

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE RSE CONTESTS ;D ;D ;D ;D They were amazing!!
Birdo for Smash

November

Quote from: DonValentino on April 13, 2013, 02:58:43 PMWell yeah, agreed! A kid would not understand all the seriousness behind the villainous teams, for example, but you can't say they're not targeted to children. Again, Game Corner. If the games weren't really targeted to children, they wouldn't have removed it.
It's sad, I know, but it is what it is.

Our localization team targets it at children. They remove lots of jokes and stuff that would go over younger children's heads, but that the older group would understand (trap June on the ferris wheel, flash man, game corner...) that is in the Japanese version. Pokemon caters to all ages, so they have to make it relatively safe for children too, but it isn't solely targeted at them (at least in Japan). Mario comes to mind - I would not say that Mario is targeted at children, even if it has plenty of bright and happy characters, and kid-friendly content.

No matter, I'm excited to see what they come up with next. My favorites were PokeStudios and the Contests, probably. Musicals didn't appeal to me because they took so long and there isn't really any payoff.

Clanker37

Yeah, there's subtle references for older players in the games. Like the Ferris Wheel woman who used to be a man, the Game Corners (DAMN YOU COMPLAINING MOTHERS!), Lavender Town, the list goes on, but one must also consider the plot lines, some very similar to child movie and book plots.

I just hope they don't go all, "Lol there's only 50 new Pokemon, BUT HERE'S 300 NEW BABY POKEMON! YAY!" Cuz I would probably kill them. Nah, I'd still buy it.

Contests were the bomb! Musicals were...a disappointing alternative. I liked the dance side to it, but we already had that from DPP Contests.

Yugi

FSM-Reapr

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on April 25, 2013, 04:45:58 PMhttp://gengame.net/2013/04/rumor-pokemon-x-y-to-debut-new-fairy-type/
I'd say that, if they are introducing a new type, it would probably be called "light," not "fairy." :P

Most certainly not "heart." Heart is a lame power.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I think a new type is possible. It's the only reason Slyveon hasn't gotten a type yet.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

And the reason that it doesn't look obviously like its type, just like every single other Eeveelution has.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

And anyway, the new type should resist dragon. I understand dragon types are supposed to be powerful, but dragon is so insanely OP that it'd be a good idea... and other types need a buff too, like ice and poison.

Yugi

Fairy:
No advantages against another type, like Normal.
Weak to Poison, Bug, Psychic, and Ghost.
Immune to Dark and Dragon.

Nebbles

So, let's talk about that pokemon smash special next weekend that's gonna be a massive x/y news episode.

FSM-Reapr

It's Fighting-type. Period.

Nebbles

....it's a whole news special  omg

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 10, 2013, 09:52:07 PMIt's Fighting-type. Period.
Some people have said that it might be Dragon; there are also many, many other possible connections and/or comparisons that might be made. Really, at this point, we can't be certain... .__.

I think this picture describes it:
Spoiler
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber