i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

DonValentino

I think that if there are no new types, it will be normal.

But if there are new types, I think "Light" would be the one. Think about it: Dark type - Light type, with 2x effectiveness Light to Dark and Dark to Light. I think it makes sense. :P

Well, tbh, I don't really care about Sylveon, I think it's unnecessary. I want to see more new pokes soon! Cool ones this time, please.

Jompa

Omg, your personal-text :P!? Hahah
Birdo for Smash

Cobraroll

Quote from: WarioMan98 on February 15, 2013, 01:54:02 PMBut if there are new types, I think "Light" would be the one. Think about it: Dark type - Light type, with 2x effectiveness Light to Dark and Dark to Light. I think it makes sense. :P

Only in English. In Japanese, the Dark type is named "Evil". It is meant to balance out Psychic, and is countered by Fight types, who fight honestly as opposed to the "cheap" methods of Dark types (note how most Dark moves have low base power, but they hit a lot harder depending on the circumstances. Nearly every single one of the Dark moves can double their effective Base Power by exploiting various battle conditions).

Besides, there have been plenty of opportunities to introduce the Light type before. Reshiram was seen as "conclusive proof" of a light type last generation, but it was quickly shot down later. Then the hopeful fans seem to have recycled their arguments for every other new Pokémon revealed.

Also, introduction of a new type would screw Hidden Power mechanics.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

FSM-Reapr

Agreed completely.

There will not be a new type. Spheal with it.

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bubbles

Wasnt there supposed to be a new Pokemon revealed in the Japanese episode today?

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Kman96

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 04, 2013, 09:43:57 PMWasnt there supposed to be a new Pokemon revealed in the Japanese episode today?
No. It's the episode of Pokemon Smash that premieres on Saturday or so.
Party Hard!
[close]

Bubbles

Oh. I looked at Serebii, saw "pokemon" "next episode" and got all excited for today ::)

Kman96

Well it's official, the new Mewtwo form has been confirmed.

pic.twitter.com/IfX4YIYzpZ

/Disappoint
Party Hard!
[close]

Bubbles

FSM-Reapr

Bubbles

Jompa

The sad thing about this, is that in a couple of months or so from now, we'll be totally used to it, and it will be a natural part of what we call "Pokémon"...
Birdo for Smash

Yugi