News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by Jub3r7, January 08, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokemon super mystery dungeon

Yes, absolutely!
6 (54.5%)
i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

mikey

Woah your name is Michael too?  :o way too common.  IDK I've just started naming everyone Link.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

My nickname shall be the Grand Poobah, and it will foretell... MY DESTINYYYYY!!!!! I am your leader, and you must bow before me!

And Slippy is my Froakie. Timid nature... interesting...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

I'm about to enter the city after Santalune and my biggest complaint so far is that this game is way too easy. The trainers are a joke and that was ridiculous for a gym battle.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Guess What.

I HAVE THE GAME, BUT I CAN'T EVEN PLAY IT DUE TO ME NOT HAVING AN SD CARD.

Mashi

what incentive do people have to buy pokemon x with antler horse when theres pokemon y with ultra titan bird of flaming peril

srsly

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Mashi on October 12, 2013, 08:39:44 PMwhat incentive do people have to buy pokemon x with antler horse when theres pokemon y with ultra titan bird of flaming peril

srsly
yeah there are tons of antler horses

like this guy

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MasterProX

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 12, 2013, 08:45:49 PMyeah there are tons of antler horses

like this guy

That's what I thought Mashi meant at first, lol.

Mashi

that pokemon is obviously an elk or deer of some sort
the legendary is an antler horse

BlackDragonSlayer

GRAAAAH!!! These super training minigames are NOT designed for left-handed people!!!

EDIT: I've found a strategy that works, but it's somewhat tedious and leaves me more prone to getting hit...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

never mind i have an sd card now

BlackDragonSlayer

Since I don't want to keep spamming the topic with little updates (:P), I'll just edit this post with my progress. Slippy evolved after beating the first gym leader; I guess I trained him a lot.

EDIT: Awesome; I found a reset bag... I guess I'll be super training Slippy all night... :P

EDIT: I maxed out his Sp. Atk. and am pretty far on his Speed.

EDIT:
Team so far, after beating the first gym leader
Slippy the Frogadier, level 16.
Peppy the Bunnelby, level 9.
Alzee the Azurill, level 7.
Califlyer the Scatterbug, level 6.

Before I move on, I plan to get Peppy to about level 14, and evolve Califlyer. No love for Alzee. >:(
[close]

10/13/13

Slippy has been maxed out. Oh yeah. Also, finally left the town and got the Exp. Share. :P

Caught Aerith the Flabébé at 3:05 AM. :P

Team after meeting Professor Sycamore
Slippy the Frogadier, level 18.
Peppy the Bunnelby, level 12.
Alzee the Azurill, level 11.
Califlyer the Spewpa, level 10.
Aerith the Flabébé, level 9.

In PC:
#ArmCannons the Squirtle, level 10.
[close]

Califlyer evolved (AT 3:54 PM), and I can confirm that it's the "High Plains" style. First horde battle just moments after; 5 Minun and 1 Plusle.

Berry Farm yay!

Caught the Snorlax and put it and the event Torchic into the PC (at 7:10 PM).

Riding Rhyhorn is fun. 8) But the sky battle shortly after wasn't... Califlyer vs. Ledian... very tedious... I need to get some more flying-types...
Glittering Cave
Also, Glittering Cave is pretty neat; it's interesting how they use the perspective like that to disorient you.
[close]
Team after leaving Glittering Cave
Slippy the Frogadier, level 30.
Peppy the Diggersby, level 22.
Alzee the Azumarill, level 23.
Califlyer the Vivillon, level 21.
Aerith the Floette, level 20.

Added to PC:
Patty the Dwebble, level 17.
[close]

I was hoping for an Aerodactyl with an Adamant nature, but instead, I got one with a Docile nature and 31 SpD IVs. Oh well. Super Training time.

I pounded through Grant; I didn't fight a single trainer in his gym because it would've been way too tedious (and it made it a bit of a fun challenge).

10/14/13

Aerodactyl has been fully Super Trained and is now on my team, preparing for Mega Evolution. I'm not too fond of Mega Aerodactyl's design, but its efficiency, on the other hand...
Slippy evolved in Reflection Cave, and that's where I am at the time of writing this (3:49 AM; MUST LOG EVERY TIME).
Wobbuffet killed Slippy. X_X First revive used...

Team after beating the third gym leader
Slippy the Greninja, level 42.
Alzee the Azumarill, level 35.
Peppy the Diggersby, level 32.
Califlyer the Vivillon, level 31.
Aerith the Floette, level 29.
Agriculture the Aerodactyl, level 28.
[close]

Learned about Mega Evolution and got Sydney the Lucario (take a guess who it's named after). Into the PC you go.
Yaay: Agriculture can Mega Evolve!! Now I can... MOW DOWN THE OPPONENTS WITH MY ARGICULTURE.
Oooh, Skiddo moves fast...

Coumarine City is my favorite city so far! ^_^ The only thing it's missing is a Boutique!

Spoiler
Arrived at the Kalos Power Plant.

Beat the Admin and Aliana; I must say that Water Shuriken is helpful against these fire-types when I don't want to waste Surf's PP.

Back in Lumoise, and I agree it's highly impractical to not use the cabs unless you like getting lost and really frustrated (spending a lot of time wandering around frustrated isn't exactly my idea of fun). :P
[close]

Awwww... itsa Goomy!! <3

Spoiler
Hrm, I wonder where I've seen this gym puzzle before... still frustrating as ever, though! :P
[close]

Team after beating sixth gym leader
Slippy the Greninja, level 52.
Alzee the Azumarill, level 45.
Peppy the Diggersby, level 42.
Califlyer the Vivillon, level 42.
Aerith the Florges, level 40 (it took me a while to realize that you needed to use a Shiny Stone).
Agriculture the Aerodactyl, level 39.
[close]

Carnivine in a Sky Battle... well, okay then...

Spoiler
The Anistar City gym's puzzle is quite fun, although disorienting!

Beat the Anistar Gym. Lysandre is the villain. How unexpected.
[close]

10/15/13

Spoiler
I entered Lysandre Labs. Lysandre (when he first battles you; that's where I'm at right now, 2:30 AM) was somewhat of a challenge, mostly because Agriculture didn't OHKO his Gyarados...!! Megas OP... pah...

Xerosic looks unhealthy; I'm guessing he's been down here for a few months...

Well; Geosenge Town suddenly became a lot more significant in the plot.

Let's take a picture with the ultimate weapon! Say cheese!
Oh you, Phil! Thanks for coming all the way out here despite the danger... NO TIP.

Battle with Yveltal:
Turn 1:
Slippy used Round. Yveltal used Disable.

Turn 2:
Slippy used Water Shuriken. Hit 3 times. Yveltal used Oblivion Wing.

Turn 3:
Slippy used Surf. Yveltal used Dark Pulse.

Turn 4:
Used a Pokeball. Yveltal broke out and used Disable again.

Turn 5:
Used a Pokeball. Yveltal was caught.

Deathgaze the Yveltal was added to the PC: I don't need it for this battle! PAH!

Agriculture has failed me once more. I guess I'll need to... industrialize!! ...or just train it some more... or not use it against Mega Gyarados...

So, I take it that the weapon killed Lysandre and all the other Team Flare members who didn't evacuate...? Well, let's just take a picture by the crater!

Started playing again at 2:00 PM, and I'm and Couriway Town. Slippy can hit hard, but if he doesn't OHKO the opponent, he can't take a hit; I learned that the hard way with Sycamore's Venusaur. >_<

"Sky Trainer Sera sent out Aerodactyl." GASP!

Shauna is such an amazing trainer; she can evolve a Goodra at level 49... :P
[close]

Found a Ditto; OH YEAH!

Off to the Pokémon League; I taught Slippy Ice Beam... goodbye, oh faithful Round...

10/16/13

Entered Victory Road; this is one of the major locations I haven't heard much about yet.

Spoiler
Serena: "I'm so glad we're friends."
Bailey: "We aren't friends. I am the Grand Poohbah. You are my servant."

Ah haha! Was that an intentional "My body is ready" reference??
[close]

Elite Four; let's do this!!

Elite Four Battle Summaries
Malva:
Rock Slide, Rock Slide, Rock Slide, Crunch... Rock Slide.

Wikstrom:
Once again, Agriculture spearheaded the battle, or should I say, Iron Headed it. ;) Peppy too helped for Scizor and Probopass (Scizor was a pain, though, because Wikstrom kept using Full Restores). Steel's lack of a weakness to Dark made Aegislash vulnerable to Agriculture's Crunch, which certainly helped a lot.

Drasna:
For this battle, I went back to using Slippy because he has Ice Beam; I don't think I need to state how the battle went? Dragalge was the only one who wasn't OHKO'd, but it didn't prove to be too much of a danger.

Siebold:
Because Aerith is my only party member with grass-type moves, I used her for the beginning of this battle; despite this, though, she couldn't OHKO Clawitzer and ended up getting confused by Water Pulse... I decided to use a Full Restore on her when she was about to faint (kept getting hurt due to the confusion), and she barely managed to finish off Clawitzer after Siebold used a Full Restore (because she wasn't able to 2HKO it even!!). Agriculture has proven to be a good addition to cover Slippy's offensive weak points, but Aerith has no such excuses when she can't even KO a water-type without trouble!! Shame, shame, Aerith...
Speaking of Agriculture, I just let Gyarados finish Aerith off so that Agriculture wouldn't be affected by Intimidate; he finally managed to OHKO a Gyarados without fainting. I was so pleased with him that I brought him back out to KO Starmie after Alzee had defeated Barbaracle!

Champion Diantha:
Her team, too, is very vulnerable to the Ice-type, so I let Slippy take the lead, determined not to let the revived Aerith anywhere near the front of my party until I super trained her.
1 Ice Beam, Hawlucha was down.
1 Ice Beam, Goodra was... not down... it used Focus Blast, leaving Slippy in 17 HP, but another Ice Beam slayed the goo-dragon.
Since Slippy was weak, I had Alzee go up against Aurorus. First I used a Max Potion on Slippy, but Aurorus caused some trouble by using Reflect AND Light Screen, but otherwise, it went down easily.
Gourgeist took precisely one Ice Beam before it went down, as did Tyrantrum. Out of PP for Ice Beam... heh...
For an epic finale, I switched to Agriculture, and, after the two Mega Evolved, promptly OHKO'd Gardevoir with Iron Head. How anticlimactic.
[close]

Spoiler
That weird hobo AZ challenged me to a battle, as many of you may know about. Slippy doused him, his Pokémon, and the audience, with Surf. It's a shame they all have to share a common weakness (except for Sigilyph, but I have Ice Beam for that)...
[close]

THE END. Time for the postgame.

Team at the end
Slippy the Greninja, level 82. Ice Beam, Extrasensory, Surf, Water Shuriken.
Alzee the Azumarill, level 72. Strength, Play Rough, Waterfall, Superpower.
Califlyer the Vivillon, level 67. Psybeam, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Draining Kiss.
Peppy the Diggersby, level 67. Cut, Earthquake, Rock Smash, Hammer Arm.
Agriculture the Aerodactyl, level 66. Crunch, Rock Slide, Iron Head, Fly.
Aerith the Florges, level 65. Petal Blizzard, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind, Wish.

Ending played at around 4:00 AM; total time 34:22.
[close]

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

MY SPEWPA EVOLVED AND THE VIVILLON IS BLUE

DID I ACTUALLY GET A SHINY IM GOING TO SCREAM

InsigTurtle

(Apparently, the patterns of Vivillon change depending on where you live)