News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by Jub3r7, January 08, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokemon super mystery dungeon

Yes, absolutely!
6 (54.5%)
i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Nebbles

While the small pokedex isn't great, the pokemon really are. So I'm okay with this for now.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Apparently this game has roughly zero in terms of post-game content. Woo.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 05, 2013, 11:16:12 PMApparently this game has roughly zero in terms of post-game content. Woo.
This is becoming a recurring theme in the newer Pokémon games, isn't it?

Spoiler
If there really are only 70 new Pokémon, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Waddle Bro

I want me some PWT or Battle Frontier action :c

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 06, 2013, 06:06:29 AMThis is becoming a recurring theme in the newer Pokémon games, isn't it?

Spoiler
If there really are only 70 new Pokémon, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
[close]

As for your spoiler, it's pretty much confirmed. I read through all of the reviews and most of them mention the lack of new Pokemon, for better or for worse, and one of them explicitly states that it's the lowest amount of new Pokemon in any generation (though Nintendo has forbidden reviewers from releasing the exact number, we know the count is "over 700" which implies "less than 750").

blueflower999

I can sort of understand it if the Mega Evolutions are cool. Now that I think about it, I can't really blame them because working all of the old ones into 3D models must have been really difficult.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Yeah that's my opinion too. And the reviews say that the new Pokemon designs are largely really cool.

Apparently they have a huge focus on older generations this time around, which is cool.

Kman96

...is it to my understanding that the hype train just crashed?
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Noooo, I'm still super excited :) A new Pokemon is new Pokemon game, no matter the circumstance ;)

Nebbles

Yeah! I'm not letting anything stop the hype train! I'm still excited for a new Pokemon game!

blueflower999

Are there any new legendaries confirmed besides Xerneas and Yveltal?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Kman96

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 06, 2013, 10:55:20 AMAre there any new legendaries confirmed besides Xerneas and Yveltal?
This is an excellent question!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 06, 2013, 10:41:59 AMNoooo, I'm still super excited :) A new Pokemon is new Pokemon game, no matter the circumstance ;)
Quote from: Nebbles on October 06, 2013, 10:52:27 AMYeah! I'm not letting anything stop the hype train! I'm still excited for a new Pokemon game!
okie dokie! I'm still excited, but with no post game content and minimal new pokés, I don't want this to turn into another Gates to Infinity. I'm still rather excited as well.

Question: would you have preferred more new Pokemon rather than the Mega evolutions? In other words, if you had the choice, would you have picked to have minimal new Pokemon and all the new mega evolutions, or no mega evolutions and lots of new Pokemon?
Party Hard!
[close]

Waddle Bro

I would have rather more new Pokemon than these goddamn Mega Evolutions that are completely broken competitively speaking.

Not saying they're bad, it's just that I won't be using them hardly at all. I'd rather use new Pokemon.

I foresee a great usage of Destiny Bond in the Ubers tier

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 06, 2013, 11:08:29 AMI would have rather more new Pokemon than these goddamn Mega Evolutions that are completely broken competitively speaking.

Not saying they're bad, it's just that I won't be using them hardly at all. I'd rather use new Pokemon.

Don't knock it until you've tried it! Everything I've heard says that the Mega Evolutions are really fun to use. Besides, we already knew this gen would be loaded with evolutions of previous monsters, just like II and IV. It just came in a way different than we're used to.

Obviously I'd prefer at least a hundred brand new 'mons, with minimal add-ons to existing Pokemon, but I think it's great that they aren't defining X and Y by new Pokemon. I think it's bad to think of Pokemon in terms of generations, and that it's better to just think of Pokemon as a whole.