News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Where People Can Recommend Games

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on July 08, 2014, 12:48:01 PMI didn't say I still thought it was the "last great Mario game." I felt (and know others that agree with me) that Galaxy 2 just didn't have the same sense of originality or even a sense of discovery and awe similar to the original. The world map stopped it from feeling open and limitless, like the original. I love 3D World, but hated 3D land. It just felt like the combination of 2D and 3D elements just didn't work. Not to mention the difficulty: It commonly was way to easy, or way to hard, with just a few levels being right on. Lastly, MK games don't really count towards what I was saying.
Haha, yeah, 3d World was better than 3D Land by far and I gues SMGalaxy 1 is better than 2...but by a bit  :P

SlowPokemon

Mario is awesome end of conversation B)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

InfinitySoul

Hey does anyone know if the "Tales of" games are worth playing? Ive always been interested in this series but not sure if they were fun to play.

Maelstrom

I've heard they're good, but never played one.
From this list of JRPGs, Which should I get next?
Radiant Historia
Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem (GBA) (or hope it comes out on VC)
Something from the Ys series (all steam games are 75% off until the store updates tomorrow)
Golden Sun (VC)
Earthbound
or another non M-rated JRPG along those lines that happens to be incredible. (got a 3DS, GBA, Wii U, PC

SlowPokemon

Of the ones you listed, EarthBound is the only one I can vouch for, and it's excellent. I should probably go back and finish it. Why don't you want to play anything M-rated though?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

InfinitySoul

I'd also say get EarthBound, its very fun and enjoyable.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Sebastian

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

InfinitySoul

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 11, 2014, 07:17:50 AMWhy don't you want to play anything M-rated though?
My mom would kill me. I have 3 younger siblings, so the rules are a little more strict.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Echo

Quote from: maelstrom. on July 11, 2014, 06:50:10 AMI've heard they're good, but never played one.
From this list of JRPGs, Which should I get next?
Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem (GBA) (or hope it comes out on VC)

All the games on your list are great choices, but if you actually do have access to either of these at reasonable prices, I would prioritize these since they're rare/expensive from what I've found.

I honestly can't recommend one game over the rest, just because they're all wonderful experiences for different reasons.

Oh, I would also recommend the World Ends with You for DS if you haven't played it yet. There's an iOS port too in HD, but I prefer the DS version since the most unique thing about the battle system (playing as two different characters on two different screens) was removed and tweaked in the iOS version.

Maelstrom

What should I expect to pay for the rarer ones?