Where People Can Recommend Games

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Gates to Infinity isn't a bad game but it is definitely the least good in the series. There's very limited content. If you can find it, either of the first two games (Blue/Red Rescue Team or Explorers of Sky) would be better to play, with Explorers of Sky being the best of the series. Also, don't bother with Explorers of Time/Darkness if you want my opinion.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. I found a cheap Red Rescue Team that I'll get tomorrow. :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

The PMD games are excellent and have a special place in my heart. I really hope you'll enjoy them :D
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Yugi

If I played and liked SSF4, would I like Skullgirls?

Echo

^ I haven't played much of SF4 (waiting for Ultra), but Skullgirls is definitely fun. It's closer to the Marvel vs Capcom series than Street Fighter though, if you've played those games.

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 24, 2014, 05:54:21 PMGates to Infinity isn't a bad game but it is definitely the least good in the series. There's very limited content. If you can find it, either of the first two games (Blue/Red Rescue Team or Explorers of Sky) would be better to play, with Explorers of Sky being the best of the series. Also, don't bother with Explorers of Time/Darkness if you want my opinion.
Agreed. I think the graphics and the whole move-upgrade system was a fantastic addition, but they were let down by a few things: 1. The storyline was very brief and quite simplistic, 2. There was literally no addition to the storyline after completing the game, 3. The text was so goddamn slow, and 4. You could only do one mission at a time. Sure, there's probably a few more, but those were the things that annoyed me the most. It was another one of those "could've been" titles. Hopefully they get it right when they plan to release another one. After all, I love that series! :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

braix

I personally liked PMD Blue just because it was one of the first, and PMD Darkness for the music.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Any games you guys can recommend for N64, Wii, and Wii U?
Here's my wishlist:
Mario Party for N64
Mario Party 2 for N64
Mario Party 3 for N64
Donkey Kong 64 for N64
Mario Tennis for N64
Banjo-Kazooie for N64
Kirby 64 for N64
Yoshi's Story for N64
Super Mario Galaxy for Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn for Wii
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for Wii
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze for Wii U
Wii Party U for Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. U for Wii U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Wakar for Wii U
Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors for Wii U (2015)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for Wii U (2015)

SlowPokemon

This month, Kid Icarus for NES (the 3D Classics edition) is available on Club Nintendo. Should I use my coins? I'm wondering if anyone has played that game, either the original or the 3D classics version, and whether it's worth checking out or not.

Nebbles

Hmm I watched my friend play a bit of it, but I dunno if I can give a valid answer just on that. I mean it looks fun, but only if you really want it you should get it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 08, 2014, 11:24:25 AMSuper Mario Galaxy for Wii
Legend of Zelda: Wind Wakar for Wii U
Both are highly recommended by me. Mario Galaxy was regarded (and still is by some) to be the last great mario game, that is until 3D world was released. But it's still not as good as Galaxy.
And, while Wind Waker is fundamentally flawed, it is still a masterpiece.

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on July 08, 2014, 11:42:52 AMBoth are highly recommended by me. Mario Galaxy was regarded (and still is by some) to be the last great mario game, that is until 3D world was released. But it's still not as good as Galaxy.
And, while Wind Waker is fundamentally flawed, it is still a masterpiece.
Haha! Ok.  Still think 3D World is better than Galaxy  :P

SlowPokemon

Super Mario 3D World and the Super Mario Galaxy series are about on equal footing. I think the superior graphics and excellent multiplayer of 3D World even give it an edge over Galaxy. I don't know what this crap is about Galaxy being the "last great Mario game," lmao. Forget SMG2 being even better than the first; even disregarding the excellent New Super Mario Bros. series, 3D Land for 3DS was amazing.

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 08, 2014, 12:24:48 PMThis "last great Mario game," lmao.
Yeah, dont get that. Galaxy 2 was pretty sweet. 3D Land, 3D World, and MKart8 were Awesome!

Maelstrom

I didn't say I still thought it was the "last great Mario game." I felt (and know others that agree with me) that Galaxy 2 just didn't have the same sense of originality or even a sense of discovery and awe similar to the original. The world map stopped it from feeling open and limitless, like the original. I love 3D World, but hated 3D land. It just felt like the combination of 2D and 3D elements just didn't work. Not to mention the difficulty: It commonly was way to easy, or way to hard, with just a few levels being right on. Lastly, MK games don't really count towards what I was saying.