News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

NinSheetMusic for Guitar?

Started by JDMEK5, December 26, 2012, 10:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I'm really going out on a limb here and I'm going to put the idea forward of a sort-of sister-site side section (if you will) of NinSheetMusic.
It would work basically the same way but with stuff for guitar.
Top 3 reasons I came up with that made me seriously think this could go somewhere:

1) Guitar is probably the second most common (if not first) instrument in the world to piano. There are a ton of people who play guitar and not piano.
2) I've looked and cannot find anywhere good, professional looking sheets with TAB for hardly anything.
3) Finale (even notepad) has amazing guitar capabilities. With the option of a TAB staff as well as a standard staff, I couldn't dream of a better sheet.

I offer my help to such a project should it actually go through.

Another thing I sort of skimmed over is how even Finale Notepad has just about everything necessary for making an exceptional guitar sheet.
The only three things I can think of that Notepad can't handle would be:
1) Tempo Changes
2) Grace Notes
3) Key Changes
Clef changes are never used in guitar so that eliminates that issue.

I'm sure there's at least something that I haven't looked at but this is what I'm putting this here for.
Is it a good idea? I think so.
Can it happen? I'm honestly not sure yet. I'm sure most of us have heard the rumors of a site remodel, so we might be too busy with that to look at this yet.
Should it happen? I think it should for the first two of the three big reasons listed above. But like I said, I'm not 100% sure so I'm looking for different perspectives.

What do you think? Yes, no, why not?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

Notepad can do grace notes you just need to use a copy/paste workaround. I could put them into a template if this idea picks up.

I think it should include bass as well.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 26, 2012, 11:10:04 AMNotepad can do grace notes you just need to use a copy/paste workaround. I could put them into a template if this idea picks up.
I've used your template more times than I can count. Grace notes are not an issue.
Quote from: Shadoninja on December 26, 2012, 11:10:04 AMI think it should include bass as well.
Sure.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

blueflower999

Who makes the final decision on this? JaMaHa?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Shadoninja

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 26, 2012, 12:59:31 PMWho makes the final decision on this? JaMaHa?
Probably if we were to name it NinTabMusic since he has to approve the association.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 26, 2012, 01:39:29 PMProbably if we were to name it NinTabMusic since he has to approve the association.
I call dibs on the Global Moderator of the NTM Forums!

Anyways, I support this.

JDMEK5

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on December 26, 2012, 01:54:40 PMI call dibs on the Global Moderator of the NTM Forums!
No way man! I already called it. :P
I just didn't say anything about it yet because I wasn't sure what to expect.

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

How's this?
[3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising - "Dark Pit's Theme (Guitar+Tab)" MUS
I have to adjust the tablature and add chord symbols but it's not too bad.

Yugi

Maybe make a non piano ninsheetmusic site, instead of having the one site for the one instrument.

Also link doesn't work Shado.

KefkaticFanatic

As far as I know any non-piano arrangements made can be posted in the music forums but will not be hosted on the site.  If there is a large amount of quality content created then perhaps though will be made on hosting it but as is nothing will be pursued officially.

me irl
[close]

JDMEK5

What hit me as an interesting possibility is that instead of having the guitar section as it's own site, we could have a tab at the top of the main page saying "Piano" and another saying "Guitar".
That way, if we ever wanted to add more instruments in the distant future, just add another tab.
And another neat thing that would come with that would be that the guitar branch could share the NinSheetMusic name.
The home page for NinSheetMusic would be the piano branch, but the address for the guitar could go something like: http://www.ninsheetm.us/guitar/ or something.
(Look at that. The site's so smart, it acknowledges that no such thing currently exists)

Then of course eventually there would be "Two Guitars" arrangements. That would be cool.  8)

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 26, 2012, 05:12:19 PMIf there is a large amount of quality content created then perhaps though will be made on hosting it but as is nothing will be pursued officially.
So we need to get enough guitar arrangements together before starting such a thing?

My Arrangements

Jamaha

I'd say KefkaticFanatic summed it up pretty well.

The current priority is the piano side of things. I don't really want to make any drastic additions before I get that figured out. So don't expect any guitar stuff happening on the main site for a long time, if ever. I'm not rejecting the idea, but just saying that don't get your hopes up.

Also before we'd even start thinking about implementing guitar tabs on the main site, we'd need a decent amount of existing sheets. If you're interested in keeping the idea alive, I'd suggest that those interested in arranging guitar tabs do so in the Music-subforum. Even if we don't add tabs to the main site, at least we'd have a nice collection of tabs in one topic. Plus I really want to see whether we actually get a decent amount of good tabs or does the idea just die.

If someone wants to go through with the plan, I can provide hosting for the files itself to ensure the links in the topic actually work.

SuperFireKirby

Sooooo you want to make a guitar musicsheet archive or a guitar tablature archive or include both in the same sheets? I'm a bit confused.

Either way, I would be happy to arrange for an instrument I can actually play.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Shadoninja

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 26, 2012, 10:46:58 PMSooooo you want to make a guitar musicsheet archive or a guitar tablature archive or include both in the same sheets? I'm a bit confused.
Preferably both on the same sheet.