Main Menu

Living catharsis?

Started by PrideSage99, December 25, 2012, 03:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

I like food.

FSM-Reapr

MaestroUGC

The Divine Comedy always puts me in a good mood. 1984 too, plus Shakespeare, Poe; really they are all quite uplifting, happy works/writers.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 26, 2012, 08:54:33 PMSomething about Olimar

Lol, I haven't even posted here yet! But I do agree, the bible isn't a very good antidepressant. I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't read it, just that without the correct mindset it could have little to no effect. :/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 26, 2012, 08:54:33 PMAlso, if you're depressed DO NOT READ THE BIBLE.

Eh.  Just because a book is dark doesn't mean it's not uplifting.  I agree, if you're just in a bad mood, there are better things you could do (like watching Elf-tis the season).  But if you actually have chronic depression, a funny movie's not gonna get you very far for long.  Like Olimar said, the right mindset can mean everything.

FSM-Reapr

I think he meant that Bible is booooooooooring and therefore it can't cheer anyone(normal) up

Bubbles

If you really want to read the bible, then do it in a movie or something.

TheZeldaPianist275

lolwut?

You know, there are those of us out here who still read and who still look at it as an equally enjoyable alternative to movies and gaming....

Bubbles

Im saying that if the different style of writing and the sheer volume of the bible confuses you, then watch a movie instead because some people learn visually

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 27, 2012, 08:30:48 AMIf you really want to read the bible, then do it into a movie or something.
Fixed.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 27, 2012, 08:32:35 AMYou know, there are those of us out here who still read and who still look at it as an equally enjoyable alternative to movies and gaming....
No offense, but I think you were raised in a strict family, am I correct?

TheZeldaPianist275

That's true.  But most books were intended to be...read.  Especially sacred texts, which don't read like a novel and have screwy film adaptations.  I'm not saying they're all bad.  But they can never be as good as the original.

Eh..... define strict.

FSM-Reapr

Very religious family, food prays and Sunday churches.

TheZeldaPianist275

Yes.  Food prayers not really required.  Church on Sundays? Definitely.  Keeps us focused.

Bubbles

My old testament teacher shows us the movies :P Theyre not like sacreligious or anything, actually theyre specifically designed for a different audience that cannot read the book for whatever reason. Its almost word for word

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 27, 2012, 08:40:48 AMMy old testament teacher shows us the movies :P Theyre not like sacreligious or anything, actually theyre specifically designed for a different audience that cannot read the book for whatever reason. Its almost word for word

Those would be some of the better ones methinks. :) Yes, that would make sense.....