News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Downloading/updating Finale Notepad

Started by ContinueTheEnd, December 21, 2012, 09:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ContinueTheEnd

Hello all,

Currently I have Finale NotePad 2010 installed on my computer - however, I'm getting lots of "incompatible version" errors for some of the recent .MUS submissions on the NinSheetMusic site, so I figure it's time to update to Finale NotePad 2012 (or w/e the current version is). Is there a way I can "update" my existing Finale NotePad 2010 into the 2012 version for free? I know that Finale offers a 30-day free trial of NotePad 2012, but I'd just like to update my existing software (for free, if possible).

Any pointers are appreciated - again, I only want to UPDATE my existing NotePad 2010 into the 2012 version...I don't necessarily want to purchase a whole new NotePad package.

Thanks for your help!

-ContinueTheEnd

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

ContinueTheEnd

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 21, 2012, 09:37:02 AMNotepad 2012 is absolutely free.

Okay thanks for your response...so you're telling me that the download that Finale provides on their website is for the FULL version, for free?

-ContinueTheEnd

ContinueTheEnd

Alright, I just tried downloading it - it IS the full version, for free.

Thanks!

-ContinueTheEnd

Olimar12345

Yeah, but you've only got about 29 days left of it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ContinueTheEnd

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 21, 2012, 02:24:45 PMYeah, but you've only got about 29 days left of it.

Ummm...they gave me a serial # to register it, and didn't mention anything about a 30-day time limit. But you're saying I've only got 29 days left?

TheZeldaPianist275

Did you download NotePad or the trial version of Finale?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 21, 2012, 11:47:01 PMFinale NotePad≠Full Finale
Even though Notepad 2012 is free you still need to register it with a serial number.

"Finale NotePad requires that you register the software to become eligible for technical support. More."
http://www.finalemusic.com/notepad/system-requirements.aspx

ContinueTheEnd

To clarify for everyone: I downloaded NotePad 2012, they gave me a serial # for it, I'm pretty sure I've got it permanently now.

Thanks to all for the help.

-ContinueTheEnd

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 22, 2012, 12:44:44 AMEven though Notepad 2012 is free you still need to register it with a serial number.

"Finale NotePad requires that you register the software to become eligible for technical support. More."
http://www.finalemusic.com/notepad/system-requirements.aspx
That's odd; I never got a serial number when I downloaded it. :S
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 23, 2012, 02:10:37 PMThat's odd; I never got a serial number when I downloaded it. :S
Same here.
Where do you see your given serial number? I'd register it just to get rid of that annoying register prompt window that pops up every time I open notepad. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 25, 2012, 07:53:41 PMSame here.
Where do you see your given serial number? I'd register it just to get rid of that annoying register prompt window that pops up every time I open notepad. :P
It should be sent to your email and on your account at www.finalemusic.com

Yugi

Quote from: ContinueTheEnd on December 23, 2012, 01:09:56 PMThanks to all for the help.

-ContinueTheEnd
Do you have to do that every time you make a post.

FSM-Reapr