News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

TWG 45: BOWSER'S BIG BLAST

Started by Bird, December 20, 2012, 06:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

Kman, even if his role isn't a wolf, is certainly playing as one.  He goes out of his way to make posts that seem human.  Saying that he's willing to get himself lynched is a "human" thing to say.  He says he's willing to get lynched so his suspicions are confirmed as human.  He even votes for himself to prove that point.  Then, bird posts a vote count which shows his vote matters, and suddenly he decides to unvote himself and vote for BDS, who he said he didn't think was very suspicious before and had the second-most votes.

Bubbles

Quote from: Kman96 on December 23, 2012, 07:06:06 PM...but I thought there was only one exploding switch?

Quote from: Bird on December 20, 2012, 06:39:28 PMFinally, the first four day phases have 2 exploding switches. That's right, DOUBLE BLASTING FOR THE FIRST FOUR DAYS.

Thats why Im trying to say the wolf had a reason to wolf social, but no one is listening >:(

vermilionvermin

What reason would that be and who does it indicate is a wolf?

Toby

Ah! I'm sticking with BDS for now!

Kman96

Quote from: vermilionvermin on December 23, 2012, 07:08:21 PMKman, even if his role isn't a wolf, is certainly playing as one.  He goes out of his way to make posts that seem human.  Saying that he's willing to get himself lynched is a "human" thing to say.  He says he's willing to get lynched so his suspicions are confirmed as human.  He even votes for himself to prove that point.  Then, bird posts a vote count which shows his vote matters, and suddenly he decides to unvote himself and vote for BDS, who he said he didn't think was very suspicious before and had the second-most votes.
Verm, you know as well as I how bad I am as a human. If playing as a wolf while I'm human helps me get my point across so be it. Besides, I haven't played in months, granted that's no excuse, but still. My human game is no more perfected than it was when I left.

My methods are unorthodox, yes, but you are also not counting TBWCW, who posted the vote that actually killed BDS. I simply posted mine to make sure of the lynch. If I wouldn't be able to see the result of a TBWCW lynch, a BDS one wouldn't hurt, either.

I'm slightly hoping I get wolfed this phase, in any case.
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

One last piece of advice before the phase ends (or has it already?):
If the wolf was active before the discussion started, would it make sense if the wolf would cower back into inactivity, hoping to avoid exposing themselves as a wolf? Or would the wolf stay active in fear of people noticing them?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

EFitTrainr

Does that mean the wolf should be active or inactive
I'm confused
I like food.

Toby

I switched because I though most votes where on you, when I saw that my vote changed things I decided to go with my instinct and switch back to BDS. You just seemed like you wanted to follow.

blueflower999

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 23, 2012, 07:18:35 PMOne last piece of advice before the phase ends (or has it already?):
If the wolf was active before the discussion started, would it make sense if the wolf would cower back into inactivity, hoping to avoid exposing themselves as a wolf? Or would the wolf stay active in fear of people noticing them?
I would guess that the wolf would remain as under-the-radar as possible, while still picking switches and staying alive.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

Quote from: vermilionvermin on December 23, 2012, 07:10:52 PMWhat reason would that be and who does it indicate is a wolf?
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 21, 2012, 09:05:41 PMAnd stop voting so quickly unless its a safety. Why does Kman already have 2 votes -.- Did anyone even consider that the person who got wolfed was the one telling us to choose our lynching targets carefully?
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 23, 2012, 07:59:21 AMI dont think its a wolf getting revenge on social. I said this before, but social was the one telling us to be wary of our lynchings because of the many deaths in the day phases. I know if I was a wolf I would have chose him, since he wasnt exactly a power-player or a new player, but was thinking beyond the phase logically (except that I panic when I have a special power and use it randomly most of the time :P)

Not really a strong argument but hey its something

Bird

Late update!

BlackDragonSlayer was killed! Then two people exploded for picking the dastardly which/witch homonyms. BLASTED!!

It is now Night 2. Night 2 ends tomorrow at 9:00 PM MOUNTAIN TIME.

1. SocialFox
2. Dude
3. Bubbles789898879879879878
4. Kman96
5. vermilionvermin
6. shadowkirby
7. SlowPokemon
8. BlackDragonSlayer
9. Mashi
10. blueflower999
11. K-NiGhT
12. Thiannon
13. Waddle Bro
14. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
15. Hakan
16. the_last_sheikah
17. Jub3r7
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bubbles

Bird, I have a question. Are the exploding switches randomly chosen as well, or do they usually have something in common (like the homonyms)h

Thiannon

Oh, come on, guys. That was a crappy cop-out lynch. A bunch of players on LLF seem to play only to look good in the post-game; I was hoping you guys here would do a little better. It seemed like the momentum was shifting away from BDS; what happened? Admittedly, I'm as much to blame as anyone else. I was planning to get on before phase end but I got caught up in last-minute Christmas shopping.

I forgot to mention it this morning, but one strategy that has worked really well for the humans on LLF has been the posting of "suspicion lists". I'm not sure if you guys do that here, but I think it's a worthwhile endeavour, even for a manhunt. We wouldn't need people to rank everyone (in fact, that would likely be disadvantageous, as it could help inform wolfings), but asking everyone to rank their top three to five suspicions might be a nice way to push activity and to prevent the wolf from simply lying low, bandwagoning, or riding a single suspicion all game.

Finally, Kman, you cannot say you're willing to be lynched to support the human cause and then make an eleventh-hour switch to save yourself. You must understand how extraordinarily wolfy this makes you look. Unless you were far more suspicious of BDS than you let on, you essentially threw his life away in addition to yours, thereby wasting two day phases killing humans. To review, you've essentially adopted two diametrically opposite strategies that are ostensibly beneficial to the humans but in reality are the complete opposite, something I think you're smart enough to recognize. This is the kind of things wolves do.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Bird

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 23, 2012, 07:33:19 PMBird, I have a question. Are the exploding switches randomly chosen as well, or do they usually have something in common (like the homonyms)h
WHO KNOWS!?!??!?!?!?!?!????!?!?!?!??
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Kman96

How many times do I have to say it?

I didn't make the vote that killed BDS. TBWCW did. If he didn't, I would have. The vote was between me and BDS, him having 5 votes and me having 6. TBWCW switched his vote from me to BDS a good 30 minutes before the phase ended. If no one was going to vote for me to tie it, or switch their vote again, why keep my vote on myself when adding it to BDS wouldn't change a thing? It was a plan I had though of after Bird's initial vote count 47 minutes before phase end, yet was rendered frivolous once TBWCW made his vote. Why are you questioning me for securing a lynch in the last minute that no one had plans to change anyway? Why not question TBWCW as to why he finally chose BDS over me, eh? I couldn't do anything to get myself lunched after that, unless you would hav liked for me to cry, "HEY, I'M TRYING TO BE A HERO OVER BERE, SO WHY DON'T YOU PUT YOUR VOTE BACK ON ME." yeah, no. I'm tired of fighting this issue.

I am not the one who killed BDS.

I can be useful, whether you view me as a wolf or not. So get over it. BDS is dead, and it's not my fault.
Party Hard!
[close]