CLBGM's Arrangements (NEW! Pokémon Anime: The Seven Faces Of Team Rock 05/04/13)

Started by CLBGM, December 19, 2012, 09:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLBGM

I hope u like it :).

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:

CD 1:
         1.- Title Demo: Departure from Hoenn District (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         2.- Title Demo: Double Battle (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         3.- Title: Main Theme (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         4.- Opening Selection (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         5.- Littleroot Town (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID                 
         6.- Birch's Laboratory (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         7.- May (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         8.- Help! (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         9.- Battle! Wild Pokémon (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         10.- Victory Agaisnt Wild Pokémon! (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         11.- Route 101 (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         12.- Oldale Town (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         13.- Pokémon Center (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         14.- Recovery (Piano Solo) PDF|MUS|MID
         15.- Look! Youngster (Two Pianos) PDF | MUS | MID
         16.- Look! Lass (Two Pianos) PDF | MUS | MID
         17.- Battle! Trainer (Two Pianos) PDF | MUS | MID

CD 2:
         11.- Battle! Brendan/May (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID
         14.- Friendly Shop (Two Pianos) PDF|MUS|MID

[NGC] Pokémon Colosseum
         - Cipher Admin Battle (Piano Solo) PDF | MUS | MID
         - Main Menu (Two Pianos) PDF/MUS/MID
         - Relic Forest (Piano Solo) PDF | MUS | MID

[NDS] Pokémon Black 2 & White 2
         - Title (Piano Solo) PDF | MUS | MID

Pokémon Anime OST Vol. 2 CD 1
         - Reunion (Piano Solo) PDF | MUS | MID
         - The Seven Faces Of Team Rocket (Piano Solo) PDF | MUS | MID New! [FIXING...]

[PS2] Shadow Of The Colossus
         - The Opened Way (Two Pianos) PDF/MUS/MID

Clanker37

First of all, Welcome to the forum! :D I am very happy and excited to get new arrangers, so welcome! I hope your stay if a great one!

Now, on to business. Your arrangements are fantastic. Like, Bespinben quality stuff! Just some stuff though:

I think the site brought in a new rule a while back about Duets? I'm not quite sure but I think it was that it must have a single sheet counter-part so that emo pianists could still play. But in saying that, I think we already have most of your sheets already on the site as a single, so that means some are already ready for submission! :D

Also, it doesn't matter if you post non-Nintendo stuff. As long as it's from a game, and is reasonable quality, we'll put it up! So your Shadow of The Colossus arrangement (And all future arrangements) will be accepted!

Now onto some nitty gritty. Your arrangements from RSE are all great stuff. But there are some issues:

When you use multiple layers, and there's rests in the second or third layer, please hide them. It's just a rule we use for formatting and it makes your sheet look nicer.

Also, with your Pokemart arrangement, it should be done with a Swing! marking. So as to eliminate all those thirds and such. And the first 3 bars are unnecessary. If something has a short intro, that you can't notate, as long as it's short and not the majority of the piece, you can leave it out of your arrangement , just fine. However, if it were in the middle and changed the length of the song, then you have to include it. I think I'm clear with that. Please reply if you don't understand.

Anyways, once again, welcome! And I look forward to seeing more high-quailty arrangemts from you in the future! :D

Waddle Bro

Hello and welcome.

I recommend using Dropbox to upload your arrangements in PDF, MIDI and MUS files(only arrangements that are in Dropbox are allowed to be submitted on the main site). I will take a closer look at them when they're on Dropbox.

ALPRAS

Just came here to say hello, and welcome to the forum! It's very exciting when new arrangers come to here :)
I hope you like it!

CLBGM

Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad you guys liked my work.

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 20, 2012, 02:47:13 AMI think the site brought in a new rule a while back about Duets? I'm not quite sure but I think it was that it must have a single sheet counter-part so that emo pianists could still play.

So, I must have a 1st Piano Sheet, and a 2nd Piano Sheet?

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 20, 2012, 04:20:38 AMI recommend using Dropbox to upload your arrangements in PDF, MIDI and MUS files(only arrangements that are in Dropbox are allowed to be submitted on the main site). I will take a closer look at them when they're on Dropbox.

But they are already in DropBox D: Unless you want to say that I have to separate the files (PDF, MIDI, MUS).

Waddle Bro

Sorry, I should have made my post a lot more accurate. *lazy piece of shit who doesn't think when typing*

They should be direct links like this so I wouldn't have to download stuff on my computer(insanely huge music library takes a lot of my memory, so I don't feel like downloading all sorts of stuff).
Quote from: CLBGM on December 20, 2012, 06:54:48 AMUnless you want to say that I have to separate the files (PDF, MIDI, MUS).
This too. And please don't use any adfly kind of crap.

Sorry again. I feel so ashamed. :(

*somehow missed the obvious dropbox logo and thought what's going on*

CLBGM

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 20, 2012, 07:05:16 AMSorry, I should have made my post a lot more accurate. *lazy piece of shit who doesn't think when typing*

They should be direct links like this so I wouldn't have to download stuff on my computer(insanely huge music library takes a lot of my memory, so I don't feel like downloading all sorts of stuff). This too. And please don't use any adfly kind of crap.

Sorry again. I feel so ashamed. :(

Fine, I have those libraries because the "Submission of the Week" topic says that I have to compress everything in a zip. And I don't think using a URL shortener would be bad.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: CLBGM on December 20, 2012, 07:28:09 AMAnd I don't think using a URL shortener would be bad.
The ads are the thing that I dislike. Like you saw in my post, we can add hyperlinks to our posts.
Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 20, 2012, 07:05:16 AMthis
Also there is no need for an link shortener when using Dropbox, it has one of it's own! Look:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/103622014/Black_City_Remix.mp3
becomes
http://db.tt/UoZv9C2v

Edit: Dumb me, you already know the hyperlink thingy. Damn I'm not on a roll today.

Bloop

The Opened Way
Bar 2: Piano 2: The layer work here looks sloppy. I would change layer 1 to layer 2, and vice versa.
Bar 4: Piano 2: I would change the clef of the right hand here to a suboctave treble clef (the treble clef with the 8 beneath it). You can make it a normal treble clef again at bar 34.
Do this the same with the left hand (suboctave bass clef), and change it back at bar 59.
Bar 5-20: Piano 1: Same as bar 2, sloppy layer work. And like bar 2, switch the layers.
Bar 22-24: Piano 1: I would add a ottava (8va) marking here in the right hand. Also do this at bar 26-28
Bar 36: Piano 2: Left hand sloppy layer work. Btw, I don't know if that bar is playable. I would move the top notes a octave lower.
Bar 37: This isn't necessarily a problem, but most sheets have a half rest and a quarter rest, and not a dotted half rest. Dotted rests mostly appear in compound time signatures (e.g. 6/8, 9/8, 12/8)
Bar 49-52: Both pianos: The grace notes should be in the same bar as the following note, and not in the bar before. Also, I would use a Bb instead of a A#.
Baf 59-60: Both pianos: Like bar 49-52, I would change the D#s to Ebs

BTW, do you use Finale 2012 or Finale Notepad 2012? There is (probably) a way to make the layer switches easier with Finale.

CLBGM

Quote from: Bloop on December 20, 2012, 07:37:10 AMThe Opened Way
Bar 2: Piano 2: The layer work here looks sloppy. I would change layer 1 to layer 2, and vice versa.
Bar 4: Piano 2: I would change the clef of the right hand here to a suboctave treble clef (the treble clef with the 8 beneath it). You can make it a normal treble clef again at bar 34.
Do this the same with the left hand (suboctave bass clef), and change it back at bar 59.
Bar 5-20: Piano 1: Same as bar 2, sloppy layer work. And like bar 2, switch the layers.
Bar 22-24: Piano 1: I would add a ottava (8va) marking here in the right hand. Also do this at bar 26-28
Bar 36: Piano 2: Left hand sloppy layer work. Btw, I don't know if that bar is playable. I would move the top notes a octave lower.
Bar 37: This isn't necessarily a problem, but most sheets have a half rest and a quarter rest, and not a dotted half rest. Dotted rests mostly appear in compound time signatures (e.g. 6/8, 9/8, 12/8)
Bar 49-52: Both pianos: The grace notes should be in the same bar as the following note, and not in the bar before. Also, I would use a Bb instead of a A#.
Baf 59-60: Both pianos: Like bar 49-52, I would change the D#s to Ebs

BTW, do you use Finale 2012 or Finale Notepad 2012? There is (probably) a way to make the layer switches easier with Finale.

I use Finale 2012.

Waddle Bro

Also Bespinben has already made an arrangement of RSE Title Screen:
Quote from: Bespinben on September 06, 2012, 10:56:11 PMAn exhaustive labor of 4 well-focused days, but well worth it! It was really fun arranging what is, in my opinion, one of the best renditions of the iconic Title Theme of Pokémon. Enjoy~

(The sheet is in "landscape" layout so as to preserve the underlying hypermeter)

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Title: Main Theme":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
And usually if you arrange VGM, you should arrange the official soundtrack version, in this case:

Bloop

Quote from: CLBGM on December 20, 2012, 07:40:52 AMI use Finale 2012.
At the Special Tools palette, at Special Tools (the hammer) there is a Stem Direction Tool. This can change the stem of the notes, so you don't have to rewrite the notes again.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 20, 2012, 02:47:13 AMI think the site brought in a new rule a while back about Duets? I'm not quite sure but I think it was that it must have a single sheet counter-part so that emo pianists could still play. But in saying that, I think we already have most of your sheets already on the site as a single, so that means some are already ready for submission! :D
I don't think that's law yet.

Quote from: Bloop on December 20, 2012, 07:37:10 AMBTW, do you use Finale 2012 or Finale Notepad 2012? There is (probably) a way to make the layer switches easier with Finale.
Right click measure
Move/Copy Layers
Move: Layer 1 to 2, 2 to 1
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

CLBGM

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 20, 2012, 07:43:30 AMAlso Bespinben has already made an arrangement of RSE Title Screen:And usually if you arrange VGM, you should arrange the official soundtrack version, in this case:

Yeah, piano solo version, good stuff. And my "Title Theme" was called "Main Theme: Intro + Title" at the beginning, but i changed it to "Title Theme", bcz  these tracks are included:
- Title Demo ~Departure From Hoenn District~
- Title Demo 2 ~Double Battle~
- Title ~Main Theme~
In conclusion, Title Theme :)

Bloop

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 20, 2012, 08:01:04 AMRight click measure
Move/Copy Layers
Move: Layer 1 to 2, 2 to 1
Yeah, you can do that too.