News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The shooting at the school in connecticut

Started by wariopiano, December 14, 2012, 02:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoboMoga

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 16, 2012, 01:25:13 PMTheres some philosiphal thing (I forget what its called, or even if it has a name) that basically says good cannot exist without evil. It makes sense but its depressing at the same time

Wow, we basically said the same stuff at the same time, same concept. Haha

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 16, 2012, 01:04:19 PMHe killed like 10 people for no reason in a food store to get back at his ex-girlfriend. Damn guns should be illegal.
Imagine somebody hefting a giant axe.
"Serious criminals" won't be deterred at all.
Hunting would go out of season really fast. Also, imagine if a bear attacked you, and you only had a knife.
Imagine a total ban on guns: the police would have a lot more trouble catching and subduing criminals.
A partial ban on guns (only law enforcement and army has guns) would allow dictators and other corrupt/unsavory political leaders to spread their reign with little or no resistance (from militias, for example).

Guns only make it easier for criminals and murderers to accomplish their twisted goals; likewise, they make it easier for those who use them responsibly.

You might as well ban cars, because people use them for murder too. You might as well ban any really heavy object, because you can use them as well.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 16, 2012, 01:22:00 PMWhy can't the world be a nice place where everybody are peaceful and calm? :(
"Unbiased" robot enforcers might help move that goal along.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Quote from: MoboMoga on December 16, 2012, 01:30:54 PMWow, we basically said the same stuff at the same time, same concept. Haha
Haha but mine was almost 5 min before yours. I simplified it :P

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 16, 2012, 01:04:19 PMHe killed like 10 people for no reason in a food store to get back at his ex-girlfriend. Damn guns should be illegal.
Its not the guns laws thats the problem, though I originally thought it was. Sure, making guns illegal would make it harder for an ordinary person to go on a killing spree, but psychopaths usually dont legally buy guns. I heard that the guns used in Connecticut were all unregistered

Ruto

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 16, 2012, 01:31:45 PMHunting would go out of season really fast. Also, imagine if a bear attacked you, and you only had a knife.
Imagine a total ban on guns: the police would have a lot more trouble catching and subduing criminals.
A partial ban on guns (only law enforcement and army has guns) would allow dictators and other corrupt/unsavory political leaders to spread their reign with little or no resistance (from militias, for example).

Guns only make it easier for criminals and murderers to accomplish their twisted goals; likewise, they make it easier for those who use them responsibly.

You might as well ban cars, because people use them for murder too. You might as well ban any really heavy object, because you can use them as well.

I've heard all those arguments before but they don't convince me since guns are pretty much made just for killing. I really doubt that if guns were outlawed tomorrow, the US would become a dictatorship, I mean...lots of countries have similar gun bans for its citizens and we don't see any of that.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

blueflower999

This has sort of turned into the "Rant about the crimes against humanity topic". It's sad that a topic like this has to exist...

Also, I agree with BDS. The founding fathers put the second amendment into the constitution for a reason. (For any non-American, it says that guns can be owned by anyone over a certain age I believe.)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MoboMoga

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 16, 2012, 02:30:13 PMThis has sort of turned into the "Rant about the crimes against humanity topic".

No sir, this is not a rant. We contemplate.

TheZeldaPianist275

Did anybody see Morgan Freeman's take on it?

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

Wow... respect.

Bubbles

Yugi

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 16, 2012, 07:18:22 PMbut do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine?
Corey Depooter.I just had to, sorry.

Zunawe

^Did that last year. Nobody cared after three days.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

KefkaticFanatic

While complete gun control might not be reasonably possible, blocking purchase of auto/semiauto weapons is completely reasonable and should most certainly be pursued.

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 16, 2012, 10:22:55 PMWhile complete gun control might not be reasonably possible, blocking purchase of auto/semiauto weapons is completely reasonable and should most certainly be pursued.
Yeah there is absolutely no need for citizens to be using automatic weapons.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

When things like this happen, everyone wants to jump on the "oh humanity sucks" wagon.

For every ONE of those shooters there are TENS of people putting their own lives at risk to save the others, a huge amount of SWAT, police, medics, etc. who help remedy the situation, and an entire nation that denounces it.

Come on let's be positive.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 16, 2012, 10:22:55 PMWhile complete gun control might not be reasonably possible, blocking purchase of auto/semiauto weapons is completely reasonable and should most certainly be pursued.

Ammunition too ._. I think even if eBay bans sales of weapons on their site a lot of these nuts wouldn't be armed.

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 16, 2012, 02:30:13 PMAlso, I agree with BDS. The founding fathers put the second amendment into the constitution for a reason. (For any non-American, it says that guns can be owned by anyone over a certain age I believe.)

They lived when there was slavery and it took 30 seconds to reload a weapon that could only fire a single shot. If it's anything like the Spartans and helots, guns were really in place to prevent slave riots and that kind of thing. Also the British monarchy aren't coming back so the King George excuse doesn't work.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Yahhh -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

It was actually put it place because there was no standing army, so they wanted to guarantee citizens the right to arm themselves, which was prohibited in this manner by the British, so that if need be they could raise up a militia.

Obviously it is far outdated and irrelevant at this point.

me irl
[close]