News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 14, 2012, 05:47:08 PMWell I want to see Life of Pi tomorrow but my brother is dragging me to the hobbit instead. :P
Well, it's nice to know that there's someone in your family with a decent taste in films.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Yes because The Hobbit is getting fantastic reviews and Life of Pi looks like it sucks. Do you even think before you accuse me of having bad tastes?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

No sir, I do not.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

I have to admit I'm looking forward to Howard Shore's new score more than the film though :P

Yugi

Watched Battle Royale.............

It's like a messed up version of the Hunger games.

SlowPokemon

I'm pretty sure hipsters would say that hunger games is a messed up battle royale.

Ricky

Next week I will go watch The Hobbit. I will buy a ticket soon.

SuperFireKirby

Well, Critics did not like The Hobbit very much, it would seem.

But as it would turn out, anyone who isn't a critic loved it! Metacritic: 58 from Critics, 86 from Users.
Rotten Tomatoes: 65% from critics, 81% from Users
Imdb User rating: 8.8
Every person I've talked to about the move: 100%

Critics needs to learn about movies, methinks.

SlowPokemon

Nah, it wasn't that great. The CGI orcs looked godawful and the runtime murdered me, especially with the drawn-out sequences not in the novel. Overall, I would give it a solid 6.5/10 (still a good movie, but LOTR is way superior).

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Jub3r7

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 16, 2012, 02:16:29 PMNah, it wasn't that great. The CGI orcs looked godawful and the runtime murdered me, especially with the drawn-out sequences not in the novel. Overall, I would give it a solid 6.5/10 (still a good movie, but LOTR is way superior).
slowpokemon, you count as a critic
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Wow Ted was terrible. Disgustingly raunchy and barely funny.