News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

FINALLY watched Chicago, tis great and amazing and depressing and awesome.

Pop, six, squish, uh-uh, Cicero... Lip Chitz.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

So tonight I watched "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" (known in other countries by the title of the book it's based on, "The Pirates! in an Adventure with Scientists"). It was absolutely brilliant. It's the type of movie SFK would love for its smartass, nonstop visual humor. The animation style, which is about like the producer's other works, "Wallace and Gromit" as well as "Chicken Run," is quirky but you'll grow to love it after a bit.

I actually read that book several years ago and remember finding it very intelligently funny. I think I'll have to go read it again, because I definitely enjoyed the film that much.

Yeah, SFK, I'd suggest you watch this film.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

I've been meaning to ever since it was in theaters. It looks so awesome.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

Going to watch Sweeney Todd for the first time tonight. <3
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

YAAAAY! Then you and Qew and I can fanboy about it!!!!

SuperFireKirby

Saw The Iron Giant in a bargain bin the other day, and was all like "NOSTALGIA." So I bought it, watched it, and I must say, it is just as amazing as I remember(the last time I watched it was when I was probably, like, 8). Possibly even more so because now I get all the historical humor they threw into the movie. If you have not seen The Iron Giant, watch it right now. It's probably one of the best animated movies I've ever seen.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

K-NiGhT

OMG NOSTALGIA BLAST. I LOVE THAT MOVIE SO MUCH.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

I got The Iron Giant a while ago too, have yet to watch it again. Such a wonderful movie...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Finally got around to watching Donnie Darko (the Director's Cut version).

I watched it once, earlier this week, and I had originally intended to come straight here and write my opinions on it. Then I realized there were a lot of things I didn't understand about it. So I watched it again, this time with my brother. I still didn't really understand it, but this time I expected not to. I'm not sure you're supposed to.

It's one of the best films I've seen in a while, I think. I quite enjoyed it. It's easy to see why it has such a cult following.

For those of you who don't know or haven't seen it, Donnie Darko is a highly acclaimed movie about a teenager who talks a lot to someone named Frank. Frank is a six-foot-tall talking bunny rabbit and easily the creepiest thing I've seen in a movie in quite some time. It's a science fiction movie, about time travel really, and it keeps you guessing even after you finish it. I'm honestly not sure what to make of this film, other than the fact that I liked it and it was very engaging.

8/10, worth seeing...in my opinion.

Jompa

I went to see "Looper" today.
I knew something was fishy when Joe, the protagonist, aimed his finger at the roof and said 'bang', and that the 'drug ' of the future (the setting is in the future) is shot into the user's eye. Now where has this been done before?
Turns out the guy who made the movie is a Cowboy Bebop fan.. :3
Not sure if I like the fact that he copied these things or not, but I'm a bit proud of myself for noticing :)
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

"The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya"

I can't remember when a movie would have touched me that much

Jompa

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 06, 2012, 05:10:57 AM"The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya"

I can't remember when a movie would have touched me that much
I've seen it five times, and it feels like it just gets better each time
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Dammit, I still need to watch that...

FSM-Reapr

SlowPokemon

Lol I know how to find it, I just haven't thought about it since I finished the anime a few months ago.