News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Therefore good movies aren't your type of movie

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

But The Avengers was an absolutely fantastic movie. You have to see it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 20, 2012, 11:05:30 AMTherefore good movies aren't your type of movie

I hate good movies. I like movies that are apparently terribly regarded ;) I actually don't care for superhero movies in general beyond the Dark Knight and Spiderman. :D

Here are a list of my favorite movies:)

Directed by Henry Selick:
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Coraline

Directed by Tim Burton:
-Edward Scissorhands
-Big Fish
-Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Directed by Hayao Miyazaki:
-My Neighbor Totoro
-Kiki's Delivery Service
-Princess Mononoke
-Spirited Away
-Howl's Moving Castle

Directed by Yoshifuma Kondo:
-Whisper of the Heart

Directed by Francis Ford Coppola:
-The Godfather part I and II

Directed by Jonathon Lynn:
-My Cousin Vinny

Directed by Rob Reiner:
-Misery

Directed by Christopher Nolan:
-The Dark Knight
-Inception

Directed by Martin Scorsese:
-Hugo

Directed by Akihiro Hino:
-Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

Directed by Brad Bird:
-Ratatouille

Directed by Pete Docter:
-Up

Directed by David Silverman:
-The Simpsons Movie

Harry Potter series - Directed by Chris Columbus, Alfonso Cuaron, Mike Newell, David Yates

Pirates of the Caribbean series - Gore Verbinski, Rob Marshall
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

But Hugo was a bad movie, and if you liked dark knight or any kind of action movie otherwise you can't dislike the marvel movies

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

I like the Dark Knight because the Joker's character is fascinating, not really because of the action. And I personally enjoyed Hugo... it was lengthy but the Parisian atmosphere and the characters were quite engaging to me. I still might see the Avengers. :P idk. Depends on whether I get the chance or not.

Nebbles

You should! If you like anything of Joss Whedon's work (not sure sure if you do or not) you'd love The Avengers.

C'moooon just see it!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

Wait... Slow likes movies that don't involve Tim Burton or Studio Ghibli? Fascinating!

Also, Hugo wasn't bad, but Scorsese has done much, MUCH better movies(Aka every other movie he's directed)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

TheZeldaPianist275

Top 3:

1. LOTR Trilogy
2. POTC Trilogy
3. Courageous

SlowPokemon

I quite enjoyed Men in Black 3. I had never seen a Men in Black film before besides short sections of the second one, but I went and watched the first one later. The first was probably the best, but the third is pretty close. From what I've seen and heard, the second was pretty bad...

Also Danny Elfman's main theme just kicks ass. It's amazing to me that MIB was his first oscar nomination, though.

EFitTrainr

I kind of want to see this...
I like food.

SlowPokemon

^Oh my goodness. Imagine the cameo opportunities, if in the trailer alone they showed Bowser, Eggman, and Pacman!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 19, 2012, 08:10:03 PM^Oh my goodness. Imagine the cameo opportunities, if in the trailer alone they showed Bowser, Eggman, and Pacman!
DON'T FORGET ABOUT CLYDE!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

All of Wes Anderson's Films

All of Judd Aptow's Films...

All of Nancy Myers' Films...

Oh, yeah... and you guys should look at Criterion Collection films.. those are the really great ones.

I think François Truffaut's "Les Quatre Cent Coups" is in that collection. Nouvelle Vague is quite strange... similar to Big Fish in some ways

Jub3r7

FINALLY watched the Avengers, really like it, and I won't believe you if you say you hated it.

Anyways, looking forward to Brave. Also Expendables 2 looks interesting.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Rear Window was incredibly overrated, predictable, and not suspenseful in the least.