News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

"Mysterious Signs/etc. in Video Games"??

Started by wariopiano, November 30, 2012, 04:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wariopiano

Whoever played super mario 64 has probably read this sign upstairs in the castle: SHH! Please walk quietly in the hallway.
What do u think it means?

Waddle Bro

I think it means "Please walk quietly in the hallway" ::)

Also, I don't think you had to make a topic just for this subject.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

I think the "L is real" sign is more interesting.   ::)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 30, 2012, 07:50:34 PMI think the "L is real" sign is more interesting.   ::)
So... this topic should be changed to "Mysterious Signs/etc. in Video Games"?? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

I may not be in a hallway, BUT I THINK I'LL BE SUPER LOUD ANYWAY. LOOK AT HOW THIS TEXT SCREAMS AT YOU.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

wariopiano

it might mean the ghosts in the back outside might here u, their was a part of the game that they didnt install but they put the sign etc.
those are therys i have heard from other people.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 30, 2012, 07:57:57 PMSo... this topic should be changed to "Mysterious Signs/etc. in Video Games"?? :P
changed

Cobraroll

Or, simply, that the sign implies there are sleeping chambers nearby. The Toad servants, some of which serve during the night, probably sleep in there during the day.

My "Mysterious sign" hails from Pokémon Red/Blue. It is a question from the Cinnabar Gym: "TM28 contains Tombstoner?"
Now, what is Tombstoner? Was it a planned move? What was it meant to do? Will we see it in the future? Will it be TM28 then?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on December 01, 2012, 08:38:42 AMOr, simply, that the sign implies there are sleeping chambers nearby. The Toad servants, some of which serve during the night, probably sleep in there during the day.

My "Mysterious sign" hails from Pokémon Red/Blue. It is a question from the Cinnabar Gym: "TM28 contains Tombstoner?"
Now, what is Tombstoner? Was it a planned move? What was it meant to do? Will we see it in the future? Will it be TM28 then?
I really want to see Tombstoner in the future; make it like an awesomely powerful super-move. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

I just looked it up and the direct japanese translation from the game for "Tombstoner" is "Die Die Beam". I prefer the second one :P

Nebbles

Let's bring up my favorite.

In Super Mario Galaxy 2, in Shiverburn Galaxy and part of Grandmaster, we have THESE things staring at us:

Shiverburn, they're just there. The whole time. Watching you.

And the sky pattern for this area is called "BeyondHellValley".  The shapes are called "HellValleySkyTree"

Zoom in?

THEY ARE NOT TREES.

what the hell are they and why are they there

also, Die Die Beam sounds like the best move ever
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Nebbles

I saw it on Cracked.com a while ago and I went to Shiverburn and checked it out

creepy as hell, man...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on December 01, 2012, 11:45:03 AMLet's bring up my favorite.

In Super Mario Galaxy 2, in Shiverburn Galaxy and part of Grandmaster, we have THESE things staring at us:

Just think:
There's nothing to be afraid of; you're a' Mario!!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Nebbles on December 01, 2012, 11:45:03 AMLet's bring up my favorite.

Shiverburn, they're just there. The whole time. Watching you.

And the sky pattern for this area is called "BeyondHellValley".  The shapes are called "HellValleySkyTree"

Zoom in?

THEY ARE NOT TREES.

what the hell are they and why are they there

also, Die Die Beam sounds like the best move ever
I swear I've seen these before, but I forgot about them once I looked away.
OH GOD THE SILENCE ARE IN MARIO
I like food.