News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

TWG XLIV: The Pokemon League

Started by the_last_sheikah, November 26, 2012, 06:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

You are not allowed to make death posts if you get lynched.

Thank you.

the_last_sheikah

TIME WARP!
It is now Day 2.  Day 2 ends Thursday 10PM EST.(use this http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ to convert)
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

spitllama

Why did we use Celebi? It would have been more useful if we at least had a good guess who a wolf was. This just seems like a missed opportunity to learn from a wolfing.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

@spit I agree. Now all we have to go with as for finding wolves is the one failed wolfing

@BDS In the chat, you said I defended TBWCW? Explain (Because Im pretty sure Im the one who shoved him into his coffin)

davy

Quote from: Mashi on December 04, 2012, 08:57:48 PM22:48   BlackDragonSlayer   What about davy? Is davy seeming more human?
22:49   K-NiGhT   Idunno
22:49   BlackDragonSlayer   Davy wants my starter.
22:49   K-NiGhT   Who should I use my seeing Pokemon on?
22:49   BlackDragonSlayer   I'm thinking that davy could be a wolf trying to get my starter, then wolf me. Or just a human who wants to be the very best trainer.

I did pretty much the same thing as jake did during TWG XXXIV. Asking normal humans to (or maybe even wolves) to give there items (or in this case, pokémon) to the alliance so that the alliance would become stronger.

Quote from: Mashi on December 04, 2012, 08:57:48 PM22:50   Vera   I didn't really get why davy suddenly decided to be an alliance leader.
22:50   BlackDragonSlayer   They need Light-type Pokemon...
22:50   Vera   Like, his reasoning for doing so.

I decided to be an alliance leader because as far as I know, humans have a better chance of winning the game if there is a human alliance than if there is no alliance. As I own two pokémon (Braviary and Minum) that can seer a player and both results were green, I now already know two other players that are green and therefore likely a human. Also, since I have Minum, a total of 3 players know that I'm green, which means that I could not have lied about my color.

Quote from: Mashi on December 04, 2012, 08:57:48 PM22:53   BlackDragonSlayer   Davy still has Ha Des as an avatar.
22:53   BlackDragonSlayer   Unrelated to the game, off course! (or is it)
Quote from: Mashi on December 04, 2012, 08:57:48 PMMy avatar is the artwork of the yugioh card 'A deal with Dark Ruler' which is obviously a reference to the last game (making deals with mephistopheles). It has nothing to do with the current game.

Quote from: Mashi on December 04, 2012, 08:57:48 PM22:54   BlackDragonSlayer   Davy also implied that there was one other "Alliance member." Any thoughts???
22:55   BlackDragonSlayer   *only one
22:56   BlackDragonSlayer   Well... where has everybody gone?
22:56   Vera   Sorry.
22:56   Vera   Became preoccupied shortly with something else.
22:57   Vera   But I think he meant the Plusle-Minum thing.

Yes that was the Plusle holder. At that moment, I hadn't recieved the seer result of the Mandibuzz holder yet, and I do not yet want to add gzg and spit to the alliance as long as there has not been a seer on them.

Quote from: Mashi on December 04, 2012, 08:57:48 PM23:00   spit   He was like "gimme your good pokemon"
23:00   BlackDragonSlayer   He did the same thing to me, spit
23:00   spit   I'm like no if you're so human just tell me what to do
23:00   spit   Really?
23:00   BlackDragonSlayer   Aside from the fact you can only do one trade.

As BDS didn't really wanted to cooperate with my trading idea, I thought it would be wise to ask multiple players for the trade at the same time so that the chance that a trade would actually go through would be bigger.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 05, 2012, 07:41:52 AM@BDS In the chat, you said I defended TBWCW? Explain (Because Im pretty sure Im the one who shoved him into his coffin)
I thought you were DEFENDING him? :o
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 02, 2012, 02:14:52 PMYou were trying to find wolf partners? Im assuming you mean finding wolves, not wolf partners. Also how is
"Hi there Bubbles, it appears that last night I got a red result on you, before I say anything in the main thread would you like to defend yourself?"
saying you're a wolf and you want to create an alliance with me? You basically said "you're red, so Im gonna tell on you"
That post made it seem as if you were saying that he wasn't a wolf...

Quote from: davy on December 05, 2012, 08:10:10 AMI did pretty much the same thing as jake did during TWG XXXIV. Asking normal humans to (or maybe even wolves) to give there items (or in this case, pokémon) to the alliance so that the alliance would become stronger.
But you can only trade one Pokemon... and having multiple starters would not make you any stronger; it would just make you a bigger target. Especially, since there are a very limited number of guarding Pokemon (with Gardevoir being the only one left?).
And, how did you know I wouldn't cooperate with the trade...? :P Or did you send the other PMs AFTER I replied to you?

Quote from: davy on December 05, 2012, 08:10:10 AMMy avatar is the artwork of the yugioh card 'A deal with Dark Ruler' which is obviously a reference to the last game (making deals with mephistopheles). It has nothing to do with the current game.
I understand that. :P I was just making a joke. :P

On another note, I used Celebi, in part, to avoid a wolfing, so that eveyone's still alive (for example, like if Mashi was wolfed again... or if Davy was wolfed). Although it probably would have been better to active the power around the middle of the night, one of the only things we missed out on is the use of 2nd night starters powers, and use of other Pokemon.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 05, 2012, 11:02:01 AMBut you can only trade one Pokemon... and having multiple starters would not make you any stronger; it would just make you a bigger target. Especially, since there are a very limited number of guarding Pokemon (with Gardevoir being the only one left?).
And, how did you know I wouldn't cooperate with the trade...? :P Or did you send the other PMs AFTER I replied to you?
I understand that. :P I was just making a joke. :P

On another note, I used Celebi, in part, to avoid a wolfing, so that eveyone's still alive (for example, like if Mashi was wolfed again... or if Davy was wolfed). Although it probably would have been better to active the power around the middle of the night, one of the only things we missed out on is the use of 2nd night starters powers, and use of other Pokemon.

As I explained in my earlier post, I knew I could only trade once, and this seemed like my best option. I have currently no starters at all, so having a starter as alliance leader would be very benificial. I don't care about becomming a bigger target due to the number of revivals possible in this game. I sent the PM's to spitllama after you replied to me.

As Celebi's description says, it will be night 2 after this day phase, so the night 2 starter powers will still be activated. However, if I'm correct that does mean there will be 2 night phases after this day phase.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on December 05, 2012, 11:55:20 AMAs I explained in my earlier post, I knew I could only trade once, and this seemed like my best option. I have currently no starters at all, so having a starter as alliance leader would be very benificial. I don't care about becomming a bigger target due to the number of revivals possible in this game. I sent the PM's to spitllama after you replied to me.

As Celebi's description says, it will be night 2 after this day phase, so the night 2 starter powers will still be activated. However, if I'm correct that does mean there will be 2 night phases after this day phase.
Wait a minute... you just said you didn't have any GRASS starters. :S But now you're saying you don't have any starters at all...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 05, 2012, 12:17:50 PMWait a minute... you just said you didn't have any GRASS starters. :S But now you're saying you don't have any starters at all...

I don't want to reveal much information unless necessairy. Having no starters at all also means that I have no grass starters. I didn't say anything about having other starters.

Greg

Davy, you aren't confirmed. No one should be willingly handing over Pokemon to you, since there's still a chance you're the Master Wolf.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: gzgregory on December 05, 2012, 02:32:47 PMDavy, you aren't confirmed. No one should be willingly handing over Pokemon to you, since there's still a chance you're the Master Wolf.
Three possibilities:
1: The Boy Who Cried Wolf was the Master Wolf, and Davy isn't.
2: Davy is the Master Wolf, and The Boy Who Cried Wolf wasn't.
3: Something happened with Smeargle...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 05, 2012, 11:02:01 AMI thought you were DEFENDING him? :o
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 02, 2012, 02:14:52 PMYou were trying to find wolf partners? Im assuming you mean finding wolves, not wolf partners. Also how is
"Hi there Bubbles, it appears that last night I got a red result on you, before I say anything in the main thread would you like to defend yourself?"
saying you're a wolf and you want to create an alliance with me? You basically said "you're red, so Im gonna tell on you"
That post made it seem as if you were saying that he wasn't a wolf...

In that post I was pointing out that TBWCW said he was trying to find wolf partners, which is a notebly odd thing for a human to say. One of his defences for sending everyone those pms was that he wanted to make a fake alliance with the wolves so he could find out who they were. In that post I said how thats a dumb excuse, since in his pm he told me that I should defend myself before he revealed my color to the thread, which is more of a "Im gonna tell on you" than "I know your a wolf and so am I so lets be friends"

Sorry if it was confusing

Jub3r7

So I blinked and 4 pages happened, what did I miss? (I'll go back and read things)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 05, 2012, 04:27:50 PMSo I blinked and 4 pages happened, what did I miss? (I'll go back and read things)
I used Celebi and it's the Day now. We have to carefully plan, lest we accidentally lynch the wrong person.
Let's spark some discussion and see the results!! :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Greg

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 05, 2012, 02:38:57 PMThree possibilities:
1: The Boy Who Cried Wolf was the Master Wolf, and Davy isn't.
2: Davy is the Master Wolf, and The Boy Who Cried Wolf wasn't.
3: Something happened with Smeargle...
Fourth possibility: neither were wolves.
:P
In any case, although Davy's bargaining for a starter strikes me as odd, I don't think that necessarily means he's a wolf: the odds are against it due to colors. On the other hand, Mashi mentioned last night that nobody in this pseudo-alliance was actually confirmed, so we should take anything they say with a grain of salt!