News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TWG XLIV: The Pokemon League

Started by the_last_sheikah, November 26, 2012, 06:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

I used a regular pokeball. Apparently wolves didn't want it that much?

Also, boy who cried wolf pm'd me saying that I've been seered red and asked if I wanted to defend myself before he tells the thread.
Well, I hope it makes sense that if I were red, I probably would have painted myself not red last night?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jub3r7

*If I knew I was red as a wolf, I probably would have painted myself not red last night.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Greg

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 02, 2012, 12:09:20 PMI used a regular pokeball. Apparently wolves didn't want it that much?
Really? That surprises me, I thought Smeargle would be highly coveted. I think this makes you look human though.

davy

Ok, so I am the Minum holder.

A player that claims to hold Klang has told me that I was green (although that could have been a mass PM).

If what he says is true, than the plusle holder must have seen that I am green too.
Now it seems that I have become red (so unless jub's lying, a water starter has been used on my) because TBWCW has told me that I have been seer'd red (probably using Sigilyph) which should mean that, unless painting is permanent, I will be seer'd green next night phase (Sigilyph seers every night phase).

Now, aside from Minum, I also have Braviary. Which means that if both the Mandibuzz and the Plusle holders claim to me, I can set up a 4 player alliance, after having seer'd the Mandibuzz owner. The Mandibuzz owner should not seer me untill next night phase because by than, my color should have returned to green.

Obviously, for all you know there is a chance that I, or any of the other players seer'd is the Master Wolf, but even than, humans will still have an alliance of 4 players, from which at least 3 (assuming the Mandibuzz owner will be seer'd green) are humans, and it's not as if the Master Wolf can gain that much information in a game like this (not knowing his partners and with an enormously number of items).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

spitllama

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 02, 2012, 12:09:20 PMAlso, boy who cried wolf pm'd me saying that I've been seered red and asked if I wanted to defend myself before he tells the thread.
Well, I hope it makes sense that if I were red, I probably would have painted myself not red last night?

Uhhhh... I got the same message. I think this is a ploy, but I'd like to consider the alternatives:

If it's true, I am a miller, which is a 50/50 chance assuming I'm actually red. So assuming TBWCW is telling the truth, what (if any) pokemon can seer two people at once?? Slakoth + a seer?

Of course, TBWCW could also be a wolf trying to find his partners?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

Okay nvm looks like everyone got it
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

blueflower999

Quote from: spitllama on December 02, 2012, 12:24:33 PMOkay nvm looks like everyone got it
I did not. He instead sent me a personal PM asking to trade.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

davy

Ninja'd.

So, the above posts makes me belive that I'm not actually painted. This actually seems like a wolfish move of TBWCW trying to find his partners, as they will likely respond to his message first. Futhermore, as TBWCW said he used his Master Ball on Cyndaquil (a pokémon which is very usefull for the wolves) without further explanation (like what Jub did) I really think he's a wolf.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Also, if you can tell me if I was really red, you should definately tell me, because it would change my strategy involving the Mandibuzz owner.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

K-NiGhT

I got the same pm from The Boy Who Cried Wolf. This can't just be a coincidence. What does everyone else think?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 02, 2012, 12:09:20 PMAlso, boy who cried wolf pm'd me saying that I've been seered red and asked if I wanted to defend myself before he tells the thread.
Yeah, I got the same thing. Not a very good trick to try, Boy.
But, seriously, there are three options:
1: Boy is trying to trick us.
2: I was painted.
3: I AM THE MILLER AGAIN!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Greg

I'd like to make several assertions here.
1. Jub3r7 is probably human.
If Jub were a wolf, I highly doubt he would have said that he used a simple Pokeball on Smeargle. I think he would have simply said something along the lines of using the Master Ball so that the wolves wouldn't get it or something like that. I don't think he's lying about Smeargle, which indicates that he's probably human.
2. Spitllama is very likely human.
I have Klang. Spit used Ditto to mimic Klang (I know for a fact that this is true), and Waddle Bro accidentally sent him not just the colours, but also the IDENTITIES of the Plusle and Minun holders. He messaged me telling me that he thought that I was human, then sent me those identities before Davy's post revealing that he held Minun, which leads me to believe that he was genuinely looking to share information with me.
3. By extension I can confirm Davy's claim.
4. I got Boy's PM. There's no way all of us are red if Jub's telling the truth (see above for why I think he is), Boy was clearly just trying to psyche all of us out, and this is exactly the sort of thing he would do.

Now if Davy has Braviary, that's fantastic, because we now could have four quasi-confirmed humans (Spit, Davy, Plusle holder, probably the Mandibuzz holder).

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, before I vote for Boy:
Do you want a chance to defend yourself? :P Explain your actions, and why you sent out mass-PMs like that? If you were trying to trick people into saying they were wolves, wouldn't you have only targeted like... one or two people?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 02, 2012, 12:48:08 PMAlso, before I vote for Boy:
Do you want a chance to defend yourself? :P Explain your actions, and why you sent out mass-PMs like that? If you were trying to trick people into saying they were wolves, wouldn't you have only targeted like... one or two people?
Like, did he not think that this would get out to the thread before he posted anything?

I'm going to place a vote on The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Waddle Bro

Quote from: gzgregory on December 02, 2012, 12:45:19 PM2. Spitllama is very likely human.
I have Klang. Spit used Ditto to mimic Klang (I know for a fact that this is true), and Waddle Bro accidentally sent him not just the colours, but also the IDENTITIES of the Plusle and Minun holders.
I already have discussed about this with Sheikah and FSM. According to FSM, he didn't know you guys wouldn't get the identities because the Finnish translation in Pluse's/Minun's/Klang's description means that the identities should be involved in their effects. (Finnish is a very complex language) In English, that description only means the colours. The Finnish translation can mean a different thing than the English one.

Greg

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 02, 2012, 12:56:07 PMI already have discussed about this with Sheikah and FSM. According to FSM, he didn't know you guys wouldn't get the identities because the Finnish translation in Pluse's/Minun's/Klang's description means that the identities should be involved in their effects. (Finnish is a very complex language) In English, that description only means the colours. The Finnish translation can mean a different thing than the English one.
Alright, thanks for the clarification.