News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG XLIII - My Name is Mephistopheles - Post Game

Started by MaestroUGC, November 20, 2012, 10:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

1. The Boy Who Cried Wolf – Human, can't vote Day 2 and 3
2. Bubbles 7689 – Wolf, can't vote Day 2, died Day 2-lynching
3. Vermilionvermin – Human, turned Wolf Day 1
4. blueflower999 – Faust, can't vote, died Night 4 – loose cannon
5. BlackDragonSlayer – Human, turned Miller Day 1, died Night 2 - wolfing
6. Bird- Wolf, turned Human Day 1, can't vote, turned Miller Night 2
7. Gzgregory – Human, turned Miller Night 2, can't vote, died Day 3 - lynching
8. the_last_sheikah - Gretchen
9. FSM-Reapr – Human, can't vote, broke contract Day 3
10.  Davy – Wolf, Broke Contract Day 3
11. Shadowkirby - Human, turned Wolf, Night 4
12. SocialFox – Master Wolf, Died Day 1 - lynching
13. SlowPokemon – Human, turned Wolf Night 2, removed Day 3
14. Dude – Human, Died Night 1-wolfing
15. Waddle Bro – Human, lost voting power Night 2, died Night 3-wolfing

Human Victory

Game Summary
The action was pretty good leading up to the start of the game, starting a bit as far back as when I first posted it in the sign-ups a few games ago. Player sign-ups brought some questions to me that indicated that this game would develop far better than I would've hoped. And boy, did all of you not let me down!

Night 1:
Verm began by trying to form some sort of voting alliance, only to realize that his plan hinged on the wolves knowing each other, only to realize later that they did not. Verm and Bird later caught the Master Wolf (SocialFox) on the first night by getting him to trip up in the chat. Once this came to light, in combination with Dude's death, people proceeded to lynch Social the next day.

Wolfed – Dude (socialfox), Seered – Social (blueflower)

Day 1:
Here is where all the fun began. A flurry of deals found their way to the top offices of M's Super Emporium Inc. (located on the lower east side of Dis, near the outlet of Styx), with numerous propositions by our dear Avian friend, Bird, eventually deciding to jump from the wolf's ship as it rapidly approached the oncoming iceberg. Finding his situation grim, Social only dug his hole deeper, leading to his lynching.

Lynched: SocialFox

Night 2:
Not much happened outside of the usual nightly activities, Waddle struck a deal revealing all of the red players.
Wolfed – BDS (davy); Seered – davy (bluflower999); Guarded – (Sheikah)

Day 2:
Waddle's above list proved to be quite problematic, as that was the point where players began to really realize how these deals would come back to bite them (oh, I had so much fun!). Bubbles tried to change her color, but it was all in vain.

Lynched: Bubbles7689

Night 3:
More fun with lists, more fun with deals, more fun with death! Most nocturnal action from this point on would be carried through deals or other means by PM. See the list of finalized deals below to get an idea of action from behind the scenes.

Wolfed – Waddle Bro (verm); Seered – FSM-Reapr (blueflower999); Guarded – davy (Sheikah)

Day 3:
FSM and davy broke their contracts by extensively talking about one of davy's deals. Bird figured out the gzg was responsible for the list posted Night 3 and that verm was a wolf based on the list posted prior to that (Night 1).

Lynched: gzgregory

Night 4:
Wolfing – Blue (verm); Seering – none (blue); Guarding – shadowkirby (sheikah)

Day 4:
Verm posted a list trying to make him look innocent; Bird saw right through it, but the other players were more interested in taking out shadowkirby.

Lynched: shadowkirby

Night 5/Day 5:
Because verm lost the ability to wolf, nobody died Night 5. Bird lead a quick lynch against verm, winning the game for the humans.

Player Analyses
1. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
Several times you made deals to warn you if anybody every acted against you (wolfed, serr, etc.). This was about the only thing you did of note all game, as you just sat back and followed the other player's leads. This all proved to be in vain, as nobody was ever interested in you, at all.

2. Bubbles 7689
You weren't prominent until your name came up in the list revealing all reds. That, combined with your inactivity and practically no existent defence lead to your lynching.

3. Vermilionvermin
You got saddled with a large burden by being turned into a wolf, but you really handled the evidence against you pretty poorly. Once people began to realize that this least were telling more than they let on, you tried to use that to your advantage, and it only staved off your own demise. At any point did you think to change yourself back, paint yourself, or try to flip those lists in any other way than "I was briefly a wolf"? If you did I must have missed the logs. Hell, it was really as simple has "Hay, Mephy-dear, could you stop posting those lists? kthanxbai." I personallly found it hilarious that Bird found the player that he inadvertently turned into a wolf and got him lynched in turn (eventually).

4. blueflower999
You were Faust! You provided a few theories of your own, eventually claiming to the thread as Faust. Your death was brought on by some bad luck due to verm killing you via loose cannon.

5. BlackDragonSlayer
You turned yourself into a miller, for reasons I don't really understand, in an attempt to gain Socials trust. A really needless move as you probably could've acheived the same effect without doing so. I suppose your plan was to be seered at some point, which you were, sort of, but it really proved to be a hasty move with no "end plan". You suspected Verm early on, and tried to follow up on it, though it ultimately didn't happen until after your death. Keep on those instincts!

6. Bird
You flipped early on, and proved to be the leader for the Humans, leading them to every wolf in your path. Another good performance, and your inquiries about a few potential deals proved to be invaluable as you would later approach me with caution. You seemed to be the only one, besides maybe davy, who seemed to grasp the reality of the deals early on and took everything since then with a grain of salt.

7. Gzgregory
Your lists proved to be quite useful, as they pointed the humans in the right direction, eventually comfirming a few wolfs after your death. A good move, and really your only main contribution to the game outside of some minor follow throughs (granted in vain since you had no voting power anymore).

8. the_last_sheikah
As Gretchen, once you lost the ability to choose your targets, you made a deal to only target wolves, giving you a layer of insight that nobody else really had. You used this knowledge to pursue them in turn. Way to make a bad situation work in your favor.

9. FSM-Reapr
You confirmed Social as the Master Wolf, though by that point there was never really any doubt about this fact. You and davy got into a bit of an argument over his Duelist deal, incriminating yourself as being affected by it, getting you kicked from the game.

10.  Davy
You made a Duelist deal, originally for yourself, but it was altered to only affect other players. This would later get you lynched, but you already knew that. You were on top of your game, making your wolfings quick and effective, and providing enough relevant and helpful gameplay to keep you off of people's radars. Unfortunately, your spat with FSM got you kicked, which is a shame because you set yourself up well in this game.

11. Shadowkirby
Yoou were barely active, really only here long enough to cast a few votes. You were turned into a wolf Night 4, but you were a punk and just let yourself get killed.

12. SocialFox
Caught in the act early on by both verm and Bird, you lost this game without even trying. Unfortunately for you, you managed to cause problems after your death, proving to me that you don't know how to follow simple rules. Don't expect me to play any games with you or hosted by you anytime soon.

13. SlowPokemon
Inactive, removed after Day 3.

14. Dude
Wolfed Night 1, dems the brakes, kid.

15. Waddle Bro
A ggod game by you, your list got the ball rolling for the humans, unfortunately that seemed to be the extent of your effective playing as you were wolfed Night 3. All in all, not bad for your second game.

Awards and Honors
Human MVP - Bird
You really were the driving force behind the human's victory, your instincts and deductive skills proved to be invaluable as you saw right through the lists and managed to cut through all of the bullsh*t.

Wolf MVP - Bird
You made the smartest moves by both inquiring about multiple deals and choosing the ones thought would be the most beneficial to you, and had enough sense to jump ship once you saw the wolves had a real uphill battle on their hands.

Aftermath
Rembember how I said there would be a surprise if you survived the game and won?

The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Bird, and the_last_sheikah will all be granted a special advantage for the next game I host, which will be a conventional witch hunt. More on that later.

Thank you all for making this game run smoothly (mostly), I hope to be able to revisit this idea later, but on the other side of the table.

Until next time,
MaestroUGC
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MaestroUGC

Here is the list of the Finalized deals, ordered in whiched the were signed:

Deal No. 17983
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant vermilionvermin Knowledge about SlowPokemon or shadowkirby in the following manner:
-I will tell you if either one of the above is a wolf or not, not both. You may decide whom.
At the cost of:
-You cannot tell anybody in any medium, but you may vote for them if you wish.
Chosen: shadowkirby
Told: Not a wolf

Deal No. 74889
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant davy Duelist Powers in the following manner:
- Each day I will choose a random player, via Random.org, to give the deck to.
- Once that player acknowleges the deck, I will draw 5 cards for him/her to be added to their hand.
- The hand will be shown to davy, but he will not be told who holds the hand.
- The chosen player will then be allowed to use the cards as the wish as described above.
- At the end of the following night, I will collect the deck and repeat the cycle with a new player. Each player can only receive the deck once.
At the cost of:
- Shoud davy be killed (wolfing, lynching, or otherwise), the deck will be destroyed.
- Should the player holding the deck be killed (wolfing, lynching, or otherwise), the deck will be destroyed.
- Any votes davy casts against the deck holder will be nullified, and vice versa.
Chosen: Day 1/Night 2 – FSM; Day 2/Night 3 – Waddle;
Cards:
Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
Aqua Armor Ninja
Masked Ninja Ebisu
Mist Valley Apex Avian
Mist Valley Falcon
Mist Valley Thunderbird
Mist Valley Soldier
Genex Ally Birdman
Divine Wind of Mist Valley
Reinforcement of the Army
Swords of Revealing Light
Terraforming
Magical Mullet
Ninjitsy Art of Transformation
Mirror Force
Magical Cylider
The extra deck consists of the following cards:
Blade Armor Ninja
Mist Valley Thunder Lord
Stardust Dragon
Colossal Fighter

Deal No. 66883
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant bird a Role Change to the Human Team in the following manner:
- At the end of Day 1 (following the lynch), I will change your role from wolf to human.
At the cost of:
- A random human will be chosen to take your place, via Random.org, and you will not have the ability to vote.
Flipped: vermilionvermin - wolf

Deal No. 11870
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant Waddle Bro and FSM-Reapr the Ability to Guard in the following manner:
- Waddle Bro and FSM-Reapr will be given the Ability to guard each night.
- The above players will not be allowed to guard each other.
At the cost of:
- Gretchen will lose her ability to guard, and will not be told as such.
- The above players will not be allowed to choose their targets, once activated they will be chosen at random via Random.org.
- If either player dies, the remaining player loses his power and guardings will return to Gretchen.
Status: Complete – Day 1, Overridden by Deal No. 09662 – Day 1

Deal No. 09662
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant FSM-Reapr %100 Accuracy for Faust and Gretchen in the following manner:
- I will give Faust and Gretchen %100 Accuracy with their respective powers.
At the cost of:
- They will not be told they have %100 Accuracy
- They will not be able to choose their targets, once activated I will choose a random player for their targets via Random.org.

Overrides: Deal No. 11870

Deal No. 55987
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant BlackDragonSlayer a Role Change to Miller in the following manner:
- I will change your role to a miller, thus making you a red human.
At the cost of:
- A random wolf will be told your name and new role, chosen via Random.org.

Deal No. 90643
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant bird Cardflipping in the following manner:
- I will institute Cardflipping starting Day 1 following the lynch, with a card flipped for every death, revealing their color.
- The results will be as accurate as the current state of the game allows.
- Influence by other deals may skew the results.
At the cost of:
- For each card flipped, Faust loses %10 for his success rate on seerings.
- The thread will be alerted that Cardflips are now in play and who started it.
Supersedes: Deal No. 09662

Deal No. 19987
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant Bird the Name of One Living Wolf in the following manner:
- At the end of Day 1 (following the lynch), I will tell Bird the name of One Living Wolf
- The name will be chosen at random, via Random.org.
At the cost of:
- You cannot tell anybody this knowledge, or cast a single vote against him.
Name Told: Bubbles7689 – Wolf.

Deal No. 34896
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant The Boy Who Cried Wolf Protection from One Attack in the following manner:
- I will grant you Protection from One Lynching, Wolfing, Vigi'ing, or other Attack.
- Once you are attacked by one of methods mentioned above, your Protection will expire and can be killed as normal.
At the cost of:
- If you are attacked by two or more methods at once, you will die by the second method in order in which it was received.
- During this period, you will not be able to vote until the Protection expires.

Deal No. 47789
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant vermilionvermin Loose Cannon Powers in the following manner:
- In the event of a successful seering against vermilionvermin during night 2, the seer will be killed.
At the cost of:
- If vermilionvermin is successfully seered, it will negate the wolfing if one occurs.
- If vermilionvermin is not targeted or unsuccessfully seered then he will lose the ability to wolf during Night 2. You may send in a wolfing, but it will be overlooked in this case. If you wolf first, then the second wolfing (if any) will occur.

Deal No. 84662
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant Waddle Bro the Reveal of All Red Players in the following manner:
- I will turn Two random humans into Millers via Random.org.
- I will Reveal all Red Players to the thread.
- I will tell the thread that Waddle Bro revealed All red players.
At the cost of:
- One different, randomly chosen Human will be turned into a Wolf.
- Waddle Bro will permanently lose voting power.
- The wolves will be granted an additional wolfing for Night 2, the first two viable wolfings will be accepted.

Deal No. 34896
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant The Boy Who Cried Wolf the Seering of Bird in the following manner:
- At the end of Day 1 (following the Lynch), I will tell you Bird's color with %100 Accuracy.
At the cost of:
- If you are seered in the future, I will tell that player you are the opposite color.
- If you are green, I will say red; if red then green.

Deal No. 00365
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant gzgregory the Highlighted Player List Reveal in the following manner:
- I will post a list of four randomly chosen, living players at the beginning of each Night Phase, chosen via Random.org.
- One of the above players will be a wolf.
At the cost of:
- You will lose voting power permanently.
- The posted list will have 1.5 voting power for each following Day Phase.

Deal No. 55587
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant The Boy Who Cried Wolf the Proctection of a Human for Lynching in the following manner:
- I will protect the Lynching victim through nullification if the victim is a Human.
- If such is the case, the person with the next highest amount of votes will be lynched, regardless of role.
- If the victim is a wolf he/she will be lynched as normal.
At the cost of:
- You will lose voting power for Days 2 and 3.

Deal No. 29776
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant blueflower999 Protection from Wolfings in the following manner:
- I will protect you from all wolfings made against you for the rest of the game.
At the cost of:
- You will lose all voting power.
- If you are targeted, the second wolfing bid (if any) will be acted out in its place.

Deal No. 11543
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant The Boy Who Cried Wolf Information on davy in the following manner:
- I will inform you if davy sends in an action during Night 2, and tell you who he acted upon, but not how.
At the cost of:
- You will not be allowed to share this information with anybody, but you may vote for davy or his target if you wish.

Deal no. 99467
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant the_last_sheikah Limited Random Guarding in the following manner:
- You will only guard one of the living random wolves, chosen via Random.org.
- I will inform you of the selected target at the end of each respective night phase.
At the cost of:
- The selected wolf will be informed he's being guarded.
Supersedes – Deal No. 09662

Deal No. 22789
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant Bubbles7689 a Color Change in the following manner:
- You will be green for all manner of seering, cardflips or any other Color Reveal
- This will last even after your death, if such is the case.
At the cost of:
- You will lose your ability to wolf.
- You will lose voting power for Day 2.

Deal No. 00000-AAA
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant vermilionvermin Frivolity in the following manner:
- I will post the following whenever I feel like:

COLORS

1. vermilionvermin
FRIVOLOUS
2. SocialFox
FRIVOLOUS
3. gzgregory
FRIVOLOUS
4. FSM-Reapr
FRIVOLOUS
5. davy
FRIVOLOUS
6. Waddle Bro
FRIVOLOUS
7. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
FRIVOLOUS
8. SlowPokemon - 2x Phantoms
FRIVOLOUS
9. BlackDragonSlayer
FRIVOLOUS
10. blueflower999
FRIVOLOUS
11. Dude
FRIVOLOUS
12. Bird
FRIVOLOUS
13. the_last_sheikah
FRIVOLOUS
14. Bubbles 7689
FRIVOLOUS
15. shadowkirby
FRIVOLOUS

At the cost of:
- Nothing, this is a freebie.

Deal No. 76325
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant FSM-Reapr the Role Reveal of SocialFox in the following manner:
- I will reveal to the thread SocialFox's Role at the time of his death.
At the cost of:
- You will lose voting power permanently.

Deal No. 99086
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant FSM-Reapr the Role Reveal of Bird in the following manner:
- I will post Bird's Role in the thread.
At the cost of:
- One random player will lose voting power permanently, chosen via Random.org.
- They will not be told they lost their voting power.
Player Chosen: Blueflower999

Deal No. 33621
I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant vermilionvermin a Highlighted Player List Reveal in the following manner:
- I will post the following names with the qualifier, "Two Humans, Two Wolves"
- Bird
- shadowkirby
- the_last_sheikah
- The Boy Who Cried Wolf
At the cost of:
- I will turn one of those players into a wolf, chosen randomly via Random.org.
- You will lose your ability to wolf for the remainder of the game.
Player chosen: shadowkirby

Total: 22 Deals Made with Mephistopheles
You people are shameless.

EFitTrainr

11. Shadowkirby - Human

You told me I had been turned into a wolf.
I like food.

Yugi

MaestroUGC

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 20, 2012, 10:48:57 PM11. Shadowkirby - Human

You told me I had been turned into a wolf.

Oh, right, I forgot to adjust my notes, one sec.

Bird

8)

Looks like I made the right decision when changing into a human. Those darn wolves couldn't stop dying!

All six of them.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Toby

I knew you were a wolf Bird at the start!!! Even ask FSM and I think Mashi!! I was saying I was suspicious of you and stufff, can't remember my reasons now.. :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 20, 2012, 10:42:35 PM1. The Boy Who Cried Wolf – Human, can't vote Day 2 and 3
2. Bubbles 7689 – Wolf, can't vote Day 2, died Day 2-lynching
3. Vermilionvermin – Human, turned Wolf Day 1
4. blueflower999 – Faust, can't vote, died Night 4 – loose cannon
5. BlackDragonSlayer – Human, turned Miller Day 1, died Night 2 - wolfing
6. Bird- Wolf, turned Human Day 1, can't vote, turned Miller Night 2
7. Gzgregory – Human, turned Miller Night 2, can't vote, died Day 3 - lynching
8. the_last_sheikah - Gretchen
9. FSM-Reapr – Human, can't vote, broke contract Day 3
10.  Davy – Wolf, Broke Contract Day 3
11. Shadowkirby - Human, turned Wolf, Night 4
12. SocialFox – Master Wolf, Died Day 1 - lynching
13. SlowPokemon – Human, turned wolf Night 2, removed Day 3
14. Dude – Human, Died Night 1-wolfing
15. Waddle Bro – Human, lost voting power Night 2, died Night 3-wolfing

Human Victory

Game and Player Analyses will be up later tomorrow, after I'm done travelling.
Uh, yeah. This is very confusing. :S

Yes, I turned myself into a miller! Two reasons:
1: If I hadn't been wolfed (and Bird had told the seer to seer me :P), I could have attracted the wolves, whoever they were. :P
2: I like being the miller!! :D

Ok, only one reason... :P but honestly, the miller role, if the wolves don't know each other (or who the miller is), has great potential. I underestimated the extent that the deals could be used... and certain players... :P

Quote from: Bird on November 20, 2012, 11:10:37 PMLooks like I made the right decision when changing into a human. Those darn wolves couldn't stop dying!
So those who thought you were a wolf were half-right. :P

Essentially, I was correct with only Vermilionvermin and davy. I was right to trust Shadowkirby with my plan (telling Bird to tell the seer to seer me, once the deal had activated)... but he became a wolf later on!! :o
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Wait, did bird swich roles with verm?

I think I probably made the most deals..

I made one to let me survive a deah,
One to seer bird,
One to get gz's role,
One to track Davy.
One to make sure next time a human was going to be lynched the person with the next amount of votes would die,
One to watch myself, as in find out who targeted me (I was going to claim guardian, hope to be wolfed, then survive and find out who did it,
And about 4 of my deals were denied :D!

Bird

I proposed about 15 deals, but only went through with 3. I'm sure Maestro will post them later, though.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

FSM-Reapr

I revealed SocialFox(just to make sure) and Bird. I also made 100% chance of success for the seer and guardian(that was a horrible deal).
Also looks like my ban payed off. 8) Thanks Davy for breaking the contract with me(although I didn't do it on purpose). :P I knew you were a werewolf. ;)
Also Bird. I wasn't wrong thinking you're a wolf, because you ruined my and Waddle's plan. Changing to human was a very clever move. Although now you can't say my decision to reveal you was not a good move for the human team. 8)

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Greg

I made exactly one deal. Ehehe.... :P
At least Bird deduced what it was, though.
And I was expecting conversions, but not THAT many. >_>

Toby

So I thought bird was a wolf at start but changed mind later ( I was right)

Thought davy was a wolf (that's why I tracked him)

Thought verm was a wolf.. It was kinda obvious

Thought socialfox was a wolf, obviously

And thought shadow was a wolf,

Done pretty swell.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999