News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The Idiot Ranting Thread

Started by blueflower999, November 12, 2012, 07:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is/are the biggest idiot(s)?

The kids in "Lunch Scholars" who don't know a thing about U.S. or world history (By me)
3 (11.5%)
Al Gore who claimed that he invented the internet (By me)
3 (11.5%)
Apples=Oranges, Pineapples=/=Apples, so Apples=/=Oranges...? (By FSM)
4 (15.4%)
Taking forever to learn .brstms (By Dude)
1 (3.8%)
Google not knowing what Final Fantasy 12 is! (By Yugi)
0 (0%)
Orgasm with a leaf-blower! (By FSM)
2 (7.7%)
Not knowing what a Nazi is O_o (By Bubbles)
2 (7.7%)
Having sex with 8-13 year olds O_____O (By Yugi)
6 (23.1%)
Ceasar=Salad Dressing (By Bubbles)
1 (3.8%)
Going to Latin! (By Bubbles)
1 (3.8%)
Seasons are caused by the Earth's orbit! .... Right? (By Zunawe)
2 (7.7%)
France surviving the apocalypse (By Yugi)
1 (3.8%)
Toshinori Oda in Battle Royale (By Yugi)
2 (7.7%)
Kids not knowing what an RPG is (By me)
4 (15.4%)
Judge Ghis from FFXII (By Yugi)
0 (0%)
Oracle of Ages=Pokemon (By Kman)
6 (23.1%)
Annoying people repeatedly adding you on Facebook (By Dude)
2 (7.7%)
Kids pretending they're drunk (By TBWCW)
4 (15.4%)
People not knowing how to drive! (By ZeldaFan)
1 (3.8%)
Sloth=Star Wars (By Bubbles)
1 (3.8%)
Wanting to see an old woman pooping at the beach (By Bubbles)
5 (19.2%)
Being as pumped up as a bouncy house (By Bubbles)
3 (11.5%)
Everyone in The Happening (By Yugi)
2 (7.7%)
Prince of Bel-Air shuts down school (By Bubbles)
1 (3.8%)
Assassinating an emperor in broad daylight (By Yugi)
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

spitllama

I'M VEHEMENTLY OPPOSED TO VACCINATIONS.

Or maybe vehemently opposed to shots.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 08, 2014, 11:53:30 PMSo, up until about 30 minutes ago, I had been blissfully unaware that there are people who are still vehemently opposed to vaccination.
.....GYYYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
THE STUPID
IT HURTS
I wonder what our ancestors would think...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 08, 2014, 11:53:30 PMSo, up until about 30 minutes ago, I had been blissfully unaware that there are people who are still vehemently opposed to vaccination.
THE STUPID
IT HURTS

Seriously. I know a girl (love her, but her opinion is stupid) who has this opinion. And for adults, "being afraid of needles" isn't an excuse for not being properly vaccinated or even not getting a flu shot every year.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Honestly, I'll take "I'm afraid of needles" over "I think it causes all of these horrible things despite the entire scientific community disproving them, and therefore am willing to put myself, my children, and anybody else around us who hasn't been vaccinated at risk of catching these horrible diseases" any day. At least with the first reason, they're partially admitting that their fear has no basis in fact.

...Not to say that it isn't still ridiculously stupid XD

SlowPokemon

That's exactly what my friend thinks. She has a friend whose mom apparently got a terrible disease from getting a flu shot -.-

mikey

I hate needles in general...  Just the thought of something sinking halfway into your arm?  No thanks.
unmotivated

Clanker37

THE STUPID
IT HURTS
That's very...oh wow...That doesn't...Oh lordy

I'm sorry, I'm struggling to comprehend this.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 09, 2014, 06:15:47 AMI hate needles in general...  Just the thought of something sinking halfway into your arm?  No thanks.
Sure it's a bit of a poop, but one needle now is better than dying later.

SlowPokemon

Or worse, infecting others later. If you don't want to get vaccinated for yourself, whatever that's your choice, but if you get an illness and it's contagious then you're affecting others with your dumb decision.

spitllama

Pretty sure that most people who hate needles still get the necessary vaccinations. It's be stupid to so otherwise.

Edit: I was going to say that, but the interwebs suggests that people really do postpone or skip vaccinations just to avoid the needle.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 09, 2014, 06:07:22 AMThat's exactly what my friend thinks. She has a friend whose mom apparently got a terrible disease from getting a flu shot -.-
I feel as if that's comparable to not eating something anymore just because you had it before you threw up (incidentally, a similar thing happened with me and jello, but that was because of its texture rather than the fact that I had actually eaten it- I barely got it in my mouth).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 09, 2014, 02:13:01 PMI feel as if that's comparable to not eating something anymore just because you had it before you threw up (incidentally, a similar thing happened with me and jello, but that was because of its texture rather than the fact that I had actually eaten it- I barely got it in my mouth).
I learned about this in psych- it's actually an instinct.  It's how animals know not to eat something after just ONE time.  EG birds and monarchs.   But someone figured out that you can make animals(people included) associate sickness with x food and the hatred of that food can actually be hereditary.  Do me a favor and see if your kids like jello :P
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 09, 2014, 02:57:05 PMI learned about this in psych- it's actually an instinct.  It's how animals know not to eat something after just ONE time.  EG birds and monarchs.   But someone figured out that you can make animals(people included) associate sickness with x food and the hatred of that food can actually be hereditary.  Do me a favor and see if your kids like jello :P
However:
1: You could have eaten the food many times before and not gotten sick, yet some people still have that reaction.
2: Many people, on the other hand, don't have that reaction at all (as I said, the only food I've had it with is jello, but because it has a weird texture, and I never really liked it before anyways), or else I wouldn't eat Chicken Noddle Soup, Chinese food, or Rice Krispies. :P Or bacon and eggs.

I think, for humans, it's mainly resulting from ignorance, or false information that they've "learned" (as with vaccines), because if you know that the food isn't what caused you to be sick (as I said earlier, many people associate the last food they ate with what caused them to be sick, especially in cases of food poisoning, although then, it's arguably justified), you likely won't have any problem with it.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 09, 2014, 03:23:13 PMHowever:
1: You could have eaten the food many times before and not gotten sick, yet some people still have that reaction.  Yes.  It's instinctive.  :)
2: Many people, on the other hand, don't have that reaction at all (as I said, the only food I've had it with is jello, but because it has a weird texture, and I never really liked it before anyways), or else I wouldn't eat Chicken Noddle Soup, Chinese food, or Rice Krispies. :P Or bacon and eggs.  Everyone I know has this reaction, my brother hates potatoes because he threw up for example.  I can't think of others off the top of my head but yeah.  I guess it wouldn't happen all the time, and maybe it can be learned over.  But it is a defensive mechanism to keep you from eating bad food.

I think, for humans, it's mainly resulting from ignorance, or false information that they've "learned" (as with vaccines), because if you know that the food isn't what caused you to be sick (as I said earlier, many people associate the last food they ate with what caused them to be sick, especially in cases of food poisoning, although then, it's arguably justified), you likely won't have any problem with it.   true, but I was talking about the specific instance where she thought the shot made her sick.  You can't convince them otherwise.

Not trying to argue I think you just don't understand what I said xD and yeah I guess it wouldn't always happen.  But it does and it IS instinctive in most animals (not sure if insects :/)
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Actually the bolded part of the first paragraph of the quote you just altered is a true experience for myself. To this day I'm physically incapable of taking pills because, as a kid, I almost passed out by choking on a hard candy. Since that day, any time I try to swallow something that's not something that originated inside my mouth (or has been chewed), my tongue instinctively flies up and doesn't let it through. There's nothing I can do about it. It's all subconsious but now I'm stuck with liquids and chewable pills. There is the occasional raisin that falls down by accident but that's about it. Only the off-chances.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

unmotivated