News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Bloop's Compositions

Started by Bloop, November 10, 2012, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Saving for idea I need to come up with)

need two choices
10 (71.4%)
darn
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Bloop

Jompa

Oh neat! That one was cool!

I think I should teach you a little trick, that applies to these kinda calm songs:
When the bass plays the bottom note of a chord (which it does very very often), the lead should avoid playing the same note at the same time (I'm talking long notes now). If this happens when you are writing, then it would actually be best to change the lead, not the bass. That's the way it sounds best.
But at the end of a theme (like after 8 or 16 or 12 or whatever measures,) where it is most natural to end the melody, it is ok to end the lead in the bottom note of whatever chord it may be, together with the bass that is. Doesn't even necessarily have to be the tonic chord, just the last chord of the "part". It creates a signal for the listeners, that it will move on, so it isn't so attractive to have this anywhere else before the last chord (unless you want that weird effect).

Of course, this doesn't necessarily apply every single time.
It is just a trick to make stuff sound better.
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

^^ Forgot to thank you.

So, thanks! Also thanks for the tip: It does sound better like that.

New song, featuring an orchestra! (You should read the description of the youtube video though)

EDIT: Another song.

Jompa

That was very marvelous!!
I really love it! It was good all the way through! :)

Oh, and Secrets was really good too! I loved it!

I basically love all your songs Bloop.
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

SlowPokemon

"Secrets" is very cute! The style is very bouncy and fun, and the "doo doo doo" vocals make the whole piece seem like very sneaky fun.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bloop

^^ Thanks!

I updated the first post with the spoiler tag, just to save some first post-space. I'm currently working on 2 songs.

Bloop

Jompa

Good ones!
You sure don't compose enough swing! :)
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Thanks! Yeah, I should start swinging more.

However, The Night Outside got lyrics!

Bloop

Jompa

That's a pretty amazing song. :)
But, since you're singing about love and feelings and all of that cute stuff, your lack of a super-badass guitar solo really pisses me of... <3
That goes for many of your awesome songs, actually.

Nah, but good work Bloop! :)
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

I do feel like the guitar is some sad lonely instrument to fill up the song a bit. I don't play guitar, so I don't know much about it.

Bloop

BonusPwnage

Oh, god. I left for a little while and boom! You've got so many great songs! Forgive me if I sound like a father, but this is really something to be proud of!