TWG XLIII - My Name is Mephistopheles

Started by Mephistopheles, November 07, 2012, 09:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

But then there's also the evidence that he said he voted for Dude to die, and look who died.
I like food.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 09, 2012, 01:46:10 PMBut then there's also the evidence that he said he voted for Dude to die, and look who died.
A real wolf could have easily seen that and decided to vote for Dude as well, to make SocialFox seem like a wolf. Wolves are ruthless (Captain Obvious statement...). There's more than one wolf (another obvious statement)...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Yeh but the Wolf's might have already sent in their pm and only the first pm can be accepted.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on November 09, 2012, 01:58:08 PMYeh but the Wolf's might have already sent in their pm and only the first pm can be accepted.
Eh what? I know that only the first PM can be accepted. But if SocialFox isn't a wolf, he couldn't have sent in a wolfing PM...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

*Holds off on voting for Social Fox for insta*

I think I'm just going to play around a little bit and see what deals come with what prices. Needless to say, I can already tell before trying any deals that this is one of those things where you have to be REALLY specific so you're not cheated. The old "I want to be a great ruler" *Gets turned into a ruler* thing.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Toby

Gz is being pretty quiet than he should. He's only posted twice here and both posts haven't been exactly helpful. He is active elsewhere so this is pretty strange..

Bird

I made a convincing claim and he sent me this PM:

QuoteOkay, still not too sure on weather or not you are telling the truth or not, but I'll let it go for now.
Safety or Wolf Anyone but these people.

The Last Sheikh
Bird
Vermverm
SocialFox
Blackdragonslayer
Shadowkirby
Gzgreg
Slowpoke.

These People are either going to Phantom Out, claimed wolf, random people, or people I want to kill.

Yours truly

Faust VIII

Would a human really say something like that, when he's already in deep water?

Also that's a very good point TBWCW. Where is GZG?
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on November 09, 2012, 02:03:58 PMI made a convincing claim and he sent me this PM:

Would a human really say something like that, when he's already in deep water?

Also that's a very good point TBWCW. Where is GZG?
Yes. He believes our claims/is testing our claims and is trying to confirm them by drawing us in... by making himself seem like a wolf.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

What you're saying is definitely possible, but it is just so much less likely than him simply being a wolf.

Toby

Last time Gz was quiet in a game on cfm;

Quotequote from a TWG on CFM:
I reread through it again today, and I happened to notice one thing. Gz's been awfully quiet. I mean he's never been to talkative, but still this was quiet for him, and as evidence has shown that is a rather likely indication that they are talking to somebody else. And since the only group that communicates (that we know of) is the Wolves. Now we could simply assume that Gz just happens to have some other role we don't know about that specifically comunicates with others, but I rather doubt it. So thus we can assume that he is a wolf.

http://cheese.formice.com/forum/xfa-groups-thread/twg-viii-wolfcraft.622/?page=23

Gz ended up being a Wolf. I know for a fact that someone is wrong with Gz for this game because he has been active on Cfm, and he usually comes online like twice a day.

unvote
vote: Gzgregory

blueflower999

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on November 09, 2012, 02:17:54 PM unvote
vote: Gzgregory

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to say "unvote" to remove your vote, unless you want to remove it altogether. You also don't have to say "vote" before your current vote. That's the whole purpose of bolding it. Just putting someone's name in bold instantly changes your vote to that person. You don't have to go out of your way to remove it, and then change it in the same post.

Of course, you could do it if you wanted to, I suppose. But it would just save you time if you didn't.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

vermilionvermin

BDS, here's why Socialfox is a wolf before anything that Bird's arguing now.

He admits that he saw me say I was a wolf.  This was in a private chat, and he didn't tell anyone.  No human would hide a confirmed wolf's identity from the thread.  It might have made sense for him to wait a while before posting the log to see if he could have gotten more information out of me, but the fact that he left the chat and posted in the thread without revealing my "confession" means that he wasn't planning on telling anyone.  There is no reason why a human would willingly hide a wolf's identity.

I'm also not sure why anyone wants me seered.  I caught a wolf.  If I were a wolf, I would have told Socialfox to post my confession in the thread so that my supposed fellow wolf didn't get himself lynched.  The only other way I could theoretically be a wolf was if I had made the decision to "confess" to Socialfox on my own.  I didn't.  Bird can vouch for me (or I may have posted the log I had with him, I can't remember).  He suggested I do what I did.

Also the words unvote and vote aren't needed to vote.

Toby

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 09, 2012, 02:19:53 PMTell me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to say "unvote" to remove your vote, unless you want to remove it altogether. You also don't have to say "vote" before your current vote. That's the whole purpose of bolding it. Just putting someone's name in bold instantly changes your vote to that person. You don't have to go out of your way to remove it, and then change it in the same post.

Haha well it's helpful to the host I guess and it's a good habbit to start for my mafia site which requires me to do that.

Of course, you could do it if you wanted to, I suppose. But it would just save you time if you didn't.  :P

Toby

Quote from: vermilionvermin on November 09, 2012, 02:22:03 PMBDS, here's why Socialfox is a wolf before anything that Bird's arguing now.

He admits that he saw me say I was a wolf.  This was in a private chat, and he didn't tell anyone.  No human would hide a confirmed wolf's identity from the thread.  It might have made sense for him to wait a while before posting the log to see if he could have gotten more information out of me, but the fact that he left the chat and posted in the thread without revealing my "confession" means that he wasn't planning on telling anyone.  There is no reason why a human would willingly hide a wolf's identity.

I'm also not sure why anyone wants me seered.  I caught a wolf.  If I were a wolf, I would have told Socialfox to post my confession in the thread so that my supposed fellow wolf didn't get himself lynched.  The only other way I could theoretically be a wolf was if I had made the decision to "confess" to Socialfox on my own.  I didn't.  Bird can vouch for me (or I may have posted the log I had with him, I can't remember).  He suggested I do what I did.

Also the words unvote and vote aren't needed to vote.

Also something I've just noticed, you said that Social didn't post in the game thread that you were a wolf, well he's just posted that FSM and Waddle claimed wolf to him. Quite suspicious.. just saying. I'm all for Social being wolf though, just want to be noticed I'm suspicious of Gz.

Bird

Quote from: vermilionvermin on November 09, 2012, 02:22:03 PMI'm also not sure why anyone wants me seered.  I caught a wolf.  If I were a wolf, I would have told Socialfox to post my confession in the thread so that my supposed fellow wolf didn't get himself lynched.  The only other way I could theoretically be a wolf was if I had made the decision to "confess" to Socialfox on my own.  I didn't.  Bird can vouch for me (or I may have posted the log I had with him, I can't remember).  He suggested I do what I did.

I have seen you work against your team many times if that meant survival. In a previous game, I claimed wolf, and you suggested to the thread that all the humans claim wolf to me, to prevent me from finding my partners. It turns out that you were actually a wolf that game.

I think it's entirely possible that you didn't believe SocialFox was a wolf at first, but by the time you had made that connection, you couldn't plausibly turn back and so had to expose him. You were playing the role of human, and before you knew it, you had played it too well! You wouldn't have told him to post your confession since at that point you didn't know he was a wolf until he failed to do just that. And I don't think you would have done that as a wolf anyway. I don't think you're that trusting.

Honestly, it's a compliment.