TWG XLIII: My Name is Mephistopheles Sign Ups

Started by Mephistopheles, November 06, 2012, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Mephistopheles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 07, 2012, 03:57:18 AMIn, but just out of curiosity you didn't vote for your game with this account too did you?
I don't vote for TWG's

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 07, 2012, 09:40:49 AMSo, when we're fowarding PMs, all of them go to this account, Mephistopheles?
Yes.

Quote from: Bird on November 07, 2012, 11:28:40 AMWe can't talk about deals that were made... but what about ones we're thinking of making? Or in the thread, say "Somebody should make a deal about making the seer accurate 100% of the time." Is that legal?

Also, can we get true love through these deals? Some magical entities are strict about that kind of thing.
You can plan, theorize, and speculate to your hearts desire. Just don't ask things like, "What deal did you make?" or "I just made a deal that (etc)." You can ask for anything that isn't expressly forbidden in the rules, but if you come up to me me we something grey, then I may or may not grant it, but I will give you a reason as to why not and address it proper. I have granted true "love" before, but the last time I did it these two fops ended up causing me far more trouble than they were worth.

I lost a bet and everything.

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 07, 2012, 11:40:04 AMYou're not going to give any examples for what the cost to make deals will be, are you?
I can, but not publicly. Loses all the fun if people know what what to look for "just in case". Ask before the game begins, and even then I will only tell you, 'If you want X, then Y will happen to Z," or something of the sort. In game you have to ask for it first, and I wil tll you what will be given up as a result, but you can back down if the price is too high.

I lost a bet and everything.

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 07, 2012, 11:40:04 AMYou're not going to give any examples for what the cost to make deals will be, are you?
I can, but not publicly. Loses all the fun if people know what what to look for "just in case". Ask before the game begins, and even then I will only tell you, 'If you want X, then Y will happen to Z," or something of the sort. In game you have to ask for it first, and I wil tll you what will be given up as a result, but you can back down if the price is too high.

That said, you can't ask for a deal, reject it, then start telling people "If we want this, then this will happen" or I will kill you. There's also a clear difference between random speculation of deals, and people actually knowing about specific deals. I'd advise you not to panic if Player X off-handedly mentions a possible deal with Player Y, and you made a similar deal. All deals are bewteen Myself and the Player in question, and known only between the two.

the_last_sheikah

I-...again with the game filling up before I get home.  Oh well, I guess you can use me to settle ties and such.
QuoteIf necessary we will bring in a third party to resolve the matter, such a party will not be a current player.
Yeah, I'll do this.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Toby

Quote from: Mephistopheles on November 06, 2012, 09:34:11 PMI can make more room if the powers that be demand it.

I think you might get in if you really want to Sheikah  ;D

Mephistopheles

I'll leave sign-ups open for the rest of the night if people still want to join.

Also, I feel I should warn you all that newer deals can overide older ones, even ones I've made with other players. That said, you can't ask me to cancel another player's deal.

the_last_sheikah

You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Toby

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on November 07, 2012, 12:35:59 PMhehe just took that pokemon personality quiz :P
I've taken it numerous times, but I keep getting Pokemon that are nothing at all like me. I don't know HOW they take the answers I given them, and turn them into something entirely else. *facepalm*
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bird

I don't get how you can say it nailed your personality, then put it in your signature. If you're insecure, wouldn't you try to hide the less likable parts of your personality, rather than parading them around?

I find it very suspicious. TBWCW
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on November 07, 2012, 12:57:02 PMMine almost nailed my personality
I prefer being alone, but I'm not insecure. I try to avoid being "social" whenever possible, but I'm not a misanthrope. I'm not sensitive or easily upset. I like jokes, but I don't really like extreme lackadaisical behavior or extremely serious, to the point where it just becomes annoying. I enjoy logic, but opinions can have their place too.

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 07, 2012, 12:59:07 PMWhy are we talking about this in this thread?
Because we can? :P

Quote from: Bird on November 07, 2012, 01:00:55 PMI don't get how you can say it nailed your personality, then put it in your signature. If you're insecure, wouldn't you try to hide the less likable parts of your personality, rather than parading them around?

I find it very suspicious. TBWCW
Bird can be suspicious of people before the game starts. Simply amazing deductions.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Ahaha! Yeh, I said it nearly nailed it and that's the part it didn't nail. :P I better get rid of it then I guess

Toby

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 07, 2012, 01:04:49 PMIn.

I've seen you join 2 games now and in both you stopped being active a quarter way through..