All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

TWG XLII: Waluigi Time! Postgame

Started by vermilionvermin, November 03, 2012, 07:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Yours was the First name to come up.

ETFROXX

The first name to come up? What. The first name you thought of? Did you draw from a bowl?

vermilionvermin

1. Socialfox (King Boo):  I think your reaction to being caught sending a PM made things worse.  By not having a solid justification for why you were caught, you became more suspicious.  The choice to wolf Bubbles was odd, but not horrible.  I could see it as a way to frame BlackDragonSlayer and stave off lynching another phase, which you almost did successfully.  I think that you needed more communication with your partners though, as the sniper could have crippled the humans more effectively.  Had you sent K-N your seerings, he would have had a better guide for whom to shoot.  Other than the PM, it was a decent wolf game.  You had normal activity levels and didn't do anything to garner additional suspicion.  You did a good job delaying your death.

2. K-Night (Bowser with a sniper): It's really unfortunate that you didn't talk much with your partners, at least not anything that I saw.  Spitllama was seemingly a random target, and your role was designed to be the major inhibitor to the humans establishing an alliance.  A well-timed Dude snipe would have drastically changed how this game went out by giving the humans no figurehead.  And, while you were the least-suspected wolf, I think your inactivity would eventually have been your downfall, along with the fact that people suspected you for jumping on BDS.

3. The Boy Who Cried Wolf (Kamek):  Done in by the same thing as Socialfox, you too played a good, under-the-radar wolf game for the most part.  I think your biggest mistake was claiming Luigi—by doing so, you raised questions as to why you didn't claim in the first place.  Then again, I think there was the possibility that Dude might have leaked the real Luigi's activity or status as dead or alive.  If you knew you were going to be lynched, it was a good decision.  However, I don't think you were beyond saving at that point.  I think if you had maintained that you were asking me a question about your role, you would have been fine and still claimed normal human.  Something that might not have been clear, like whether or not Daisy knew who she was because she had a power, or something like that, I think would have been a good alibi.  You were about as active as most other people, which helped you blend in.

4. ETFROXX (Luigi): I'm not sure what the reasoning for killing you Night 1 was, but I was looking forward to seeing you play!  I don't think I would have seered Dude Night 1 because I think he was fairly trustworthy, but I see your reasons for doing so (and think I might be biased as someone who knew all the roles at the time).

5. Dude (Mario):  I think your mismanagement of the first two days keeps you from getting MVP this game.  You did a good deal of talking to Spitllama, which is always a good thing in an alliance leader.  I just think your handling of the third-party roles could have been detrimental to the humans.  Instead of vigi'ing FSM or even bombing him, the humans had to waste two lynchings on him, which could have proved detrimental had the wolves played better.  By the end of Day 2, the humans had wasted two lynchings on Waluigi, who could have been dealt with by just a bombing or a vigi, and hadn't made a single attempt at wolves.  I think allying yourself with Wario was a mistake, as keeping him alive meant certain death for you or one of the specials.

6. Spitllama (Peach): I think you did a good job as Guardian.  You laid low, and when you did die it was for no apparent reason.  Nobody ever seriously accused you of being a wolf, and you talked a lot with Dude.  You played a non-alliance leading human very well by making yourself neither a target for the wolves or a person who's constantly on the chopping block that the alliance leader has to defend.  Good job.

7. Gzgregory (Daisy):  You had some really solid insight throughout the game.  You were one of the few people who defended BlackDragonSlayer, which was a bold move but ultimately the better strategy.  There's also the fact that http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4920.390 this suspicion list is amazing.  It's very brief, but gives a reason on all your top suspects, and all three of them were correct.  I think that your observation that it's odd for Wario to want someone with no coins to die was really, really smart and above the level of analysis that any other player provided during this game.  I know a lot of people are clamoring for Dude to be MVP, but I think you really earned MVP.

8. Bubbles (Toadsworth):  Unfortunately, I didn't see much from you.  I think your suggestion to seer BlackDragonSlayer was a very clever way of generating talking points, but unfortunately you died that night.  Not wonderful in terms of catching wolves, but a decent all-around performance.

9. Bird (Yoshi):  Another very solid performance.  You died Night 2, but before then you made sure that the humans stayed in line, and helped organize an alliance, which I think was instrumental to the humans' success.  I think your logical arguments about FSM  were key to the human effort by dispelling any doubt of Dude's humanity and allowing humans to move forward.

10. Blueflower (Baby Mario):  Sandy is the worst.  But I like the fact that you came back and seemed to become even more active later in the game.  Just because you were wrong about BlackDragonSlayer doesn't mean you played a bad game.  I think there were legitimate reasons to find him suspicious.

11. Shadowkirby (Baby Luigi): There's a problem when you live the entire game and have fewer posts than Jub3r7 after Day 1.  Well, actually that's not true if Jub3r7's active.

12. Mashi (Toad):  It's really unfortunate that Hurricane Sandy didn't want you to play with us.  It's good that you were active when you came back, and got some much-needed information out of Dude in the coin values of people.

13. BlackDragonSlayer (Donkey Kong):  You played a very solid game, and I considered giving you MVP for a time.  You did a good job of fending off suspicions, and had a good feel about who the wolves were.  The main reason I gave the MVP to Greg over you were the fact that he thought you were innocent without receiving your role PM :P.  He also had some pretty great other ideas, but now I'm praising him too much.  You were one of the people who kept this game active, and I think that this is your strongest performance to date.  HONORABLE MENTION

14. The_Last_Sheikah (Wario):  I think sometimes you forgot that you weren't a human—you put their goals before your own!  You chose to find out the coin values of everyone, which I think was a smart choice.  Problem was, you didn't use them to decide who you revived.  Had you chosen to revive Bubbles instead of Spitllama, you would have won!  Besides that, I'm not sure claiming to Dude was the best way to pursue your goal.  If I were Dude, I would have expected you not to revive any specials, and I probably would have vigi'd you ASAP if not lynched you.  I included the mechanic that made Wario kill a special in order to ensure that he didn't cooperate with the humans, but you decided to anyways!

15. FSM-Reapr (Waluigi): I think the main problem with your play this game is that you misunderstood some key intricacies of your role, which is admittedly a very difficult role to play.  Waluigi is slightly different from your typical Fool role, whose sole goal is to get lynched.  In fact, the way I designed Waluigi didn't give him any incentive to get lynched at all—which is something I will fix if I ever use a similar role in the future.  You did a great job of causing people to want to lynch you through your antics, but I think that you went about it in the wrong way.  Counterclaiming the vigi is a surefire way to get yourself vigi'd—not lynched.  You were very lucky that Dude didn't decide to vigi you Night 1, which would have ensured that you didn't live to see Day 1.   Additionally, counterclaiming a role means that you won't last long even after you revive.  I'm being a bit harsh in this criticism, but I honestly do think you put forth a solid effort at fulfilling your role.  This role was just played very differently from how I expected, which was a much more subtle one in which Waluigi was deemed just suspicious enough to be lynched, but would be able to get himself out of a future lynching.  I think your attempt to get yourself seered was creative, but it was very risky.

Quote of the game: 
Quote from: "Bird"I bet FSM mains Metaknight in brawl.

ETFROXX

I guess I kinda wanted some reassurance that I'd be able to go to him.

FSM-Reapr

I think this was one of the most balanced games in a while.

Also, no Waluigi Team MVPs? ::)

Mashi

ETFROXX was wolfed because Wolves were afraid that she would win the game Day 1.

Toby

I really thought we would have won.

Just an edit if this game was ever to be played again, kamek's bomb should be put on a different person other than the one that was lynched. My bomb was really pointless.

the_last_sheikah

Quote14. The_Last_Sheikah (Wario):  I think sometimes you forgot that you weren't a human—you put their goals before your own!  You chose to find out the coin values of everyone, which I think was a smart choice.  Problem was, you didn't use them to decide who you revived.  Had you chosen to revive Bubbles instead of Spitllama, you would have won!  Besides that, I'm not sure claiming to Dude was the best way to pursue your goal.  If I were Dude, I would have expected you not to revive any specials, and I probably would have vigi'd you ASAP if not lynched you.  I included the mechanic that made Wario kill a special in order to ensure that he didn't cooperate with the humans, but you decided to anyways!

I knew I wasn't a human, but I knew my best chance of wining was with them.  You said, before the game even started, that Wario doesn't win by getting 3 or 4 coins, but by doing so and joining another team and then he wins with them.  Also, like I said before, if Dude would have jumped on his suspicion of me, it would have been over before it started for me, so I had to claim and work with him to better my chances.  And yes, I REALLY should have just revived bubbles, but hey, stupid mistakes happen.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

vermilionvermin

I think you misunderstood me.  I meant that the game doesn't end when Wario wins, the game ends when the humans, wolves, or Waluigi wins. 

Mashi

Wouldn't it have taken two lynches for Humans to win had the Wolves not forfeited though?  If that were the case, the_last_sheikah technically should have won.  I think that in this case, the_last_sheikah should still have his win, since it would be unfair for him to have lost before the game formally should have ended.

Toby

Mashi

Oh right, hahaha.  My mistake.  That's what I get for my inactivity!

the_last_sheikah

No, I needed 4 coins to win because I chose to see who has how many coins.  And yes, I was wolfed before I could have revived someone else to win.  So no, I don't get my win.
EDIT Ninja'd
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Mashi

You're a winner in my heart, the_last_sheikah!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

One thing I wonder, though, if anyone considered wolfing me, or if I'm just too easy to frame as a wolf, meaning that I have more potential to the wolves to be lynched as cover? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber