News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Some Questions I Have

Started by BonusPwnage, November 02, 2012, 03:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on November 06, 2012, 07:04:10 PMI meant that unless they have other restricted version like notepad, it would be better to just give one price and then for every upgraded versoin make it a free download, sort of like when you update an app on an iPod or other Apple device. I had no idea what the different versions had, but I guess it kinda makes sense for something that costs $600 to have lower priced versions than a $1 app
It would be a horrible business plan if they allowed consumers to buy the full version of finale for the price of songwriter, which has far less features.
The upgrade cost is dependent on the version you're upgrading from. Upgrading from songwriter to the full version will cost more than upgrading from printmusic to the full version. One can make due with all of the features of a lesser version to arrange for piano.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 06, 2012, 07:08:06 PMHOLY COW.  Did not see that coming.

I was considering switching from MuseScore, too....
You could always go with a lower version like songwriter. It seems to have all of the necessary features one needs to arrange for piano.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bubbles

Quote from: Shadoninja on November 06, 2012, 07:17:58 PMIt would be a horrible business plan if they allowed consumers to buy the full version of finale for the price of songwriter, which has far less features.
I know that it makes sense for them to charge if they add more things, but if they just upgrade it and change something like the amount of fonts or the loading time for different items they shouldnt charge. I wasnt sure what the specifics were until you showed that link

BonusPwnage

Well, I can't get anything that I have to pay for. Guess I'm stuck with NotePad...