News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Pokemon Showdown!

Started by FSM-Reapr, November 02, 2012, 08:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

lol
I have become famous on Showdown! ::)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on December 21, 2012, 12:54:52 PMRofl so I battled someone using the same strategy Waddle Bro uses with Riolu: Copycat + Roar with hazards. When I countered it he ragequit lolz
People who rely too much on one strategy often have that happen... :P

That's why I have two backup Pokemon (Gallade and Gengar) and an extra pass Pokemon (Venomoth).
Here's how my strategy should go, if all goes well (> means next move):
Smeargle: Spore > Ingrain > Swords Dance > Baton Pass
Gorebyss: Shell Smash > Baton Pass
Dragonite: Dragon Dance > Whatever else I need

If it doesn't go too well:
Smearle: Spore > Ingrain > Swords Dance > Baton Pass
Venomoth: Quiver Dance > Baton Pass
Gorebyss: Shell Smash > Substitute > Baton Pass
Dragonite: Dragon Dance > Whatever else until it faints.
(repeats, except with Gorebyss before Venomoth, the final link)
(after all the pass Pokemon faint)
Gorebyss: Smell Smash > Baton Pass
Gengar: Toxic > Combination of Shadow Ball or Focus Blast
Gallade: Swords Dance > Drain Punch > Close Combat > Drain Punch :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Baton Pass teams aren't too hard to counter.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on December 21, 2012, 01:18:24 PMBaton Pass teams aren't too hard to counter.
That's why I have Venomoth, just in case Smeargle gets poisoned (how can a water-type logically learn Toxix!?).
But, yeah, without Ingrain (or if the opponent switches after you use Spore), it's a lot easier to be thrown entirely off course; if the strategy works completely, though, it's a powerhouse. >:D

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Venomoth isn't hard to counter either.

Nebbles

Venomoth can be a little fragile in some cases, so when I use it on my bug team, I gotta make sure it can be switched in safely enough for me execute Quiver Dance and totally sweep.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on December 21, 2012, 01:23:04 PMVenomoth isn't hard to counter either.
That's why it's part of a pass team. :P If the opponent keeps Politoed out, it can't do much (unless it has Perish Song; but it may have Ice Beam or a water-type move instead), and since Venomoth has higher Sp. Atk, especially after Quiver Dance (if you're able to do it), you may be able to use Hidden Power or even a move like Bug Buzz (if your Venomoth has those moves).
If they switch out to a type resistant to Bug, then Tinten Lens has a chance to take effect (again, plus Quiver Dance).

Essentially, it depends on the circumstance as well. Such as, in some cases, it may be better to send out Gorebyss before Venomoth.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Yeah, that's what I do with my Venomoth pretty much...

also, people not saying gg is a little rude. Like geez even when I lose I say it...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on December 21, 2012, 02:00:27 PMYeah, that's what I do with my Venomoth pretty much...

also, people not saying gg is a little rude. Like geez even when I lose I say it...
The only reason I don't say it is because my computer decides against it (e.g. it takes about a few minutes to click the chat and type it in, and by that time the opponent has already left).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: Nebbles on December 21, 2012, 02:00:27 PMYeah, that's what I do with my Venomoth pretty much...

Pokemon etiquette and sportmanship seems rare these days.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Roz~

Yeah, I always say gg, but people never do it :(
Oh and some people really freak out over the kick button. Once I was in a match, I reckon it was my first UU match ever, and the guy hadn't picked a move for like 4-5 minutes, so I clicked on that button because... yeah I'd like to play. And then he started yelling at me because he was knew to this blablablah Dude you've been thinking for like 4 minutes, even if you're new to UU/Pokémon in general you should kinda know what to do at this point.

BlackDragonSlayer

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou6520424

O_`

Definition of an eye twitch: I fought a team with lots of potential-ubers, and won before the battle even really started. :'( Nooooooo...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

I'm sorry if I'm rude, but I won't say gg unless it really was a good game and my opponent was good. I don't say gg if I beat someone like 4-0, sorry.

Waddle Bro

lol I owned an angry kid who had a 1700 ranking and he called me stupid for calling him a noob
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent7468029
Oh and btw, my point count reset because I had to change my name; I won 691 points in just two matches!!! XD

Jub3r7

Quote from: Roz~ on December 22, 2012, 08:04:31 AMOh and some people really freak out over the kick button.
Every time I do pokemon showdown, it randomly makes me press it a lot even when I'm not trying to? D:
I have to apologize to let the other person know I'm not trying to constantly kick them.  :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]