Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

Olimar12345

No, I meant having the note heads literally overlap, like this:

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Sebastian

Sebastian

Here is a new Mario Kart 8 sheet. A very odd sheet.....definitely on my top 10 list of wackiest sheets xD

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thwomp Ruins
[MUS]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RpiepDQ3KQ

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement! Cool song also!

some suggestions:

M.2-5: Maybe have a weaker dynamic for the chords to make the melody stronger and clearer when it starts. It also sounds a lot like this in the original.

M.14-21: Maybe take a look at this section again. It is fine already, but maybe you can do something to preserve the tempo through this section as well. The song has great movement with the bass and the drums, but with half notes in the LH it looses a lot of tempo. See if you can incorporate some of the bass or drums during this section. 

M.22-33: Reconsider if you really want the full triad, or if fifth-chords (1+5, no 3rd) might be better.

Also, you can easily fit this arrangement on 2 pages if you size it down a bit. It also looks better as both pages are fully covered with 6 systems each. No need for a 3rd page.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 09, 2016, 04:47:07 PMM.2-5: Maybe have a weaker dynamic for the chords to make the melody stronger and clearer when it starts. It also sounds a lot like this in the original.
I don't know if it's my Finale or not, but only one dynamic can function for both parts at one time. For example, the left hand can't be quieter while the right hand is louder. They can only play at one dynamic level. Again, I don't know if it's just my finale or not. Also, I don't really care how the Finale playback sounds since it's a human that is going to be playing it, not a computer. Besides, Finale's soundfont is horrible.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 09, 2016, 04:47:07 PMM.14-21: Maybe take a look at this section again. It is fine already, but maybe you can do something to preserve the tempo through this section as well. The song has great movement with the bass and the drums, but with half notes in the LH it looses a lot of tempo. See if you can incorporate some of the bass or dr
That's what I originally tried to do. The bass notes are either extremely hard (even impossible) to hear or are not very pleasing to play. I used the half notes to give some sort of variety since the rest of the piece has a somewhat bombastic bass. This section is arguably the "slowest" and quietest section of the piece, so I decided to incorporate the cool half notes since the bass notes are near impossible to hear, and/or not very pretty sounding.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 09, 2016, 04:47:07 PMM.22-33: Reconsider if you really want the full triad, or if fifth-chords (1+5, no 3rd) might be better.
Oh I have considered that. I decided on what I have: A combination of 2 voices (Obviously, the bass and the vocalizations), which both represent all the notes being played in this section. With these voices combined in one hand, it gives this section a nice full sounding left hand accompaniment along with the melody in the right hand.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 09, 2016, 04:47:07 PMAlso, you can easily fit this arrangement on 2 pages if you size it down a bit. It also looks better as both pages are fully covered with 6 systems each. No need for a 3rd page.
Hmmmm, I'll give this a shot. As you may or may not know, I don't like cramping systems (especially of 6 or more) onto one page; however, for this arrangement, I'll take a look.

Thank you for the feedback!

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 09, 2016, 04:47:07 PMM.2-5: Maybe have a weaker dynamic for the chords to make the melody stronger and clearer when it starts. It also sounds a lot like this in the original.
Unless it's something quite dramatic and possibly counter-intuitive, why? Any person playing should have at least a rudimentary understanding of the difference between melody and accompaniment and if they don't, you're not going to teach them through notation.

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on June 09, 2016, 06:52:05 PMUnless it's something quite dramatic and possibly counter-intuitive, why? Any person playing should have at least a rudimentary understanding of the difference between melody and accompaniment and if they don't, you're not going to teach them through notation.
This.
I forgot to mention that the left hand is naturally supposed to be quieter than the right hand. For example, if the right is MF, then the left is MP or right/F - left/MF etc.

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on June 09, 2016, 06:06:27 PMI don't know if it's my Finale or not, but only one dynamic can function for both parts at one time.
If you want to do that you can assign the two separate staves to different audio channels. Then the dynamic assigned to one staff will affect only that staff. I don't often feel the need to write separate hand dynamics either (as said above) but sometimes it can be helpful if you want the playback to sound a certain way, or you want to change playback of the entire part by an octave, etc.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on June 09, 2016, 07:08:47 PMI don't often feel the need to write separate hand dynamics either (as said above)
That's basically why I've never asked about it or really tried to figure it out.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 09, 2016, 07:08:47 PMIf you want to do that you can assign the two separate staves to different audio channels. Then the dynamic assigned to one staff will affect only that staff.
Oh nice. Thanks.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Latios212 on June 09, 2016, 07:08:47 PMIf you want to do that you can assign the two separate staves to different audio channels. Then the dynamic assigned to one staff will affect only that staff. I don't often feel the need to write separate hand dynamics either (as said above) but sometimes it can be helpful if you want the playback to sound a certain way, or you want to change playback of the entire part by an octave, etc.

Y, just go into the "score manager" and make one staff on channel 1 and the other on channel 2. This is why you see a lot of hidden dynamics on mine, Ben's and some others mus files. Because if you first place a dynamic like mf, and then place another dynamic, like f, at the same place it will override the first dynamic so in the end it'll play it as f. And then you hide the f, so it displays "mf" but plays "f". It can be useful if you think that the Finale playback is too strong/weak, or maybe if you want the melody to stick out more. If you only use 1 dynamic for both hands, I usually put a slightly softer dynamic in the LH, but hidden, so the RH plays slightly stronger than the LH. Finally, if you've set it to 2 different channels, you can also adjust the level of both channels in the mixer. So if you want the RH to always be stronger than the LH, you can raise the lever a bit and lower the other lever a bit.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Here is a very pretty song. Funny, until Latios told me a few minutes, I didn't know there was a sheet almost identical to this on site :P

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Animal Crossing Results
[MUS]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F54w-f-pBSc

Olimar12345

That's like one of the most popular animal crossing pieces lol. I think we have two versions on the site.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Totally. I knew I recognized it, but I couldn't pin-point it xD

Sebastian

New sheetz.

Super Mario Galaxy

Chase the Bunnies!
[MUS]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDHRoauO3M8

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Yoshi Star Galaxy
[MUS]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJSrra_RrnE

Shout out to Latios for the help he's given me ever since he's arrived. I owe him so much.

Also a shout out to Ben. I've learned so much from him and he's helped me overcome so many musical obstacles. Thank you guys so much : )
I'm infinitely grateful for your compassionate help, guys.