Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

Onionleaf

It sounds and looks great! :) The only thing I have to mention is that for some reason, the MUS file sounds slower than the original song. My metronome is telling me it should be 80 BPM.

Sebastian

Here is my 200th Arrangement! This is a real big milestone for me and I can't believe I have 200 arrangements already :P  So far, this journey has been awesome! I am extremely thankful for Latios, Olimar, Bespinben, The Deku Trombonist, Don Valentino, Bloop, Winter, Jompa, and many others for taking their free time to help me and for putting up with me. I can be a hard person to work with at times :P  I also want to thank Latios, Maestro, Blueflower, and others for being their for me when times were tough and many obstacles lay in my path. Even though I have gotten angry with you guys and have acted ungrateful, I'm still extremely thankful that all of you are around to help me!

Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 8
[MUS]
As always, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
This song kinda feels a little dull at some spots. I'd like to see what you guys think and any ideas at spicing it up would be great!

Original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN5N0BYMgBE

braix

Ooh boy that's a lot of arrangements :o
I barely have 10 lol
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

I was actually thinking about doing RR, but I figured that you would probably get around to it first. In fact, I started arranging it right after MK8 came out but only got about halfway through and never finished. Some feedback:

• Check the left hand again; right off the bat I can already tell that there are some inaccuracies. In the first two measures, you have the left hand playing D-D-D when it's actually D-C-C.
  • Tie the last eighth note in m33 in the right hand to the next measure. I can definitely hear how you got two separate notes, but I think they sound more tied.
  • The forte marking in m5 is a little misleading to me; if you position it in the middle there, it can give the impression that the first note in the left hand is meant to be played softer than the rest, when really they are all about the same. Move it to the beginning of the measure instead.
  • I'm assuming m4 is supposed to be played with the sustain pedal; you might want to make a notation to tell the pianist that.
  • There's a sustained harmony part starting at m13; I don't think it would be too hard to add it into the right hand.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 28, 2015, 11:10:58 AMOoh boy that's a lot of arrangements :o
    I barely have 10 lol
    lol thanks.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 28, 2015, 11:39:54 AMImpressive! You're an amazing arranger mlf! :)
    Spoiler
    [close]

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 28, 2015, 12:24:44 PMCheck the left hand again; right off the bat I can already tell that there are some inaccuracies. In the first two measures, you have the left hand playing D-D-D when it's actually D-C-C.[/li][/list]
    I'm hearing D.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 28, 2015, 12:24:44 PM
    • Tie the last eighth note in m33 in the right hand to the next measure. I can definitely hear how you got two separate notes, but I think they sound more tied.
    They're two separate notes for sure. I usually have a hard time hearing when they are tied, but in this case they aren't.

• The forte marking in m5 is a little misleading to me; if you position it in the middle there, it can give the impression that the first note in the left hand is meant to be played softer than the rest, when really they are all about the same. Move it to the beginning of the measure instead.
    Whoops.
    Fixed.

• I'm assuming m4 is supposed to be played with the sustain pedal; you might want to make a notation to tell the pianist that.
    I thought I put a pedal marking there. I guess I forgot. :P
    Fixed.

• There's a sustained harmony part starting at m13; I don't think it would be too hard to add it into the right hand.
    I originally decided not to include that part for some reasons, but don't see why not!
    How's it look now?

mastersuperfan

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 28, 2015, 01:15:25 PMI'm hearing D.

I've always heard it as D-C-C, so I slowed down the audio to check. This is what it actually seems to be (at least to me):

Maybe someone else should listen to it to confirm?

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 28, 2015, 01:15:25 PMThey're two separate notes for sure. I usually have a hard time hearing when they are tied, but in this case they aren't.

Personally, they sound mostly tied to me, especially after slowing down the audio. Again, maybe someone else should take a listen and give their opinion.

Also, some things about rhythm:

There are a lot of eighths tied to quarters starting on the 3rd offbeat; I usually see these notated as dotted quarters. Considering this is your 200th arrangement, though, you've had a lot of experience with arranging, so I'm slightly more disinclined to doubt this rhythmic notation. Is it just a matter of preference, perhaps?

The rhythm in the right hand of m16 should be (dotted quarter) - (eighth) - (eighth rest) - (eighth tied to quarter/dotted quarter).

The rhythm of the right hand in m17 should be (quarter) - (eighth rest) - (eighth tied to eighth) - (quarter, where you have the tied eighths) - (eighth tied to next measure).
    Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
    Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

The music to this game is awesome and I hope you all enjoy these arrangements!

Undertale
    Death Report
    [MUS]
    Dogbass
    [MUS]
    Unnecessary Tension
    [MUS]

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZULqzMutw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1OLiuNLpEs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=138Tis2CF3A

Sebastian

Here is another Undertale piece:

Oh! Dungeon

I made it kind of simplistic (left out those super fast upbeat notes because they're extremely hard to play at 190 BPM).
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aRE_J4UvYM

Sebastian

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Sebastian

Finally got another arrangement up!

3DS DK Jungle
    [MUS]

Oddly, I can't get the swing nor the slides to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxez3PuZgfw

Sebastian

N64 Rainbow Road
    [MUS]

I love this song so much and the Mario Kart 8 remix is so much better than the original.
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawQqkq8ROo

Sebastian

Mario Kart 8:
    N64 Toad's Turnpike
    [MUS] 

This is a very interesting song. Any feedback would be great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHFNuVRorG4

Sebastian

This is your last chance to vote! Poll goes down tomorrow.