News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

braix

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 05, 2015, 01:50:35 PMAt measure 11, it is "bouncy" on those eighth notes which is why I have staccatos and and a slur. That is called a Portato. A Portato is also known as an articulated legato.
The more you know
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 05, 2015, 02:03:56 PMOk, if that's what you prefer, then have it that way. :)
Thanks! Sorry if I sounded offensive in that post XD
My posts can sound offensive when I'm not meaning them to.

Anyway, about the arrangement, what you said about making the second half an octave higher is an idea I like, but it isn't in the original. I originally wasn't gonna put the second half because it is almost a complete repeat of the first. The only difference between the two is Measure 22 & 44. One is a dotted half and the other is a half and quarter note.
Thoughts?

braix

You can change octaves if it makes it sound better imo. It's an arrangement not a transcription
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 06, 2015, 10:15:06 AMAnyway, about the arrangement, what you said about making the second half an octave higher is an idea I like, but it isn't in the original.
Even ye olde Olimare has altered the octave of parts to make them more idiomatic of the piano:
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2344

(in this example, the RH chromatic ostinato)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EVWRwHkZvA
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Well of course. I'm not against changing the original.
But if there isn't a purpose, is it really necessary? I usually change the octaves if I have to or if voices are clashing.

braix

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 06, 2015, 11:53:13 AMBut if there isn't a purpose, is it really necessary? I usually change the octaves if I have to or if voices are clashing.
Variation is fun

Brawler4Ever

Is measure 22 correct? It sounds to me like it should be half note A, then quarter note A, rather than dotted half note A. It's at roughly 00:19 and 00:59 in the YT link.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Tobbeh99

With the "one octave higher at the second time", I was thinking about the high glockenspiel, or whatever instrument, which enters at the second time making it feel more treble. So that's why I thought so, not just because "it might sound better" but also because it does exist in the original in some sort. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 06, 2015, 12:15:15 PMWith the "one octave higher at the second time", I was thinking about the high glockenspiel, or whatever instrument, which enters at the second time making it feel more treble. So that's why I thought so, not just because "it might sound better" but also because it does exist in the original in some sort.
You're right. An ocarina is played along with the accordion the first time through and a glockenspiel or xylophone is played along with the accordion the second time through.
If anything, it should probably be raised 2 octaves since both ocarinas and glockenspiels are far up on the scale.

Sebastian

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Ocarina Melodies
[MUS]

Man, these songs are beautiful and touch my heart :P
Any feedback would be great!

Originals (I couldn't find Youtube links, but these will work just fine):
Zelda's Lullaby
Epona's Song
Sun's Song
Saria's Song
Song of Time
Song of Storms

JDMEK5

I especially appreciate how they're all in the order that they appear in the pause menu in the game. Good work.

The biggest thing I need you to fix though, (and this is definitely not optional):

"Ocarina Melodies" Not "Ocarina Melodys".

Also, I find the titles on the page kinda small and not very attention-grabbing. Maybe a bigger font? Maybe a different font. I'm not against using italics but in traditional writing form it's very rare for a title to be italicized when it's actually serving its main purpose as a title for something. (Like, if you were referring to something in passing during a discussion, yes, italicize. But for the cover of a book for example, nay)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 06, 2015, 06:54:59 PMThe biggest thing I need you to fix though, (and this is definitely not optional):
"Ocarina Melodies" Not "Ocarina Melodys".
I'm so embarrassed right now I don't know what to say  :'(
That's the last time I upload a sheet when I'm dead tired XD

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 06, 2015, 06:54:59 PMAlso, I find the titles on the page kinda small and not very attention-grabbing. Maybe a bigger font? Maybe a different font. I'm not against using italics but in traditional writing form it's very rare for a title to be italicized when it's actually serving its main purpose as a title for something. (Like, if you were referring to something in passing during a discussion, yes, italicize. But for the cover of a book for example, nay)
Thanks! I can update that ASAP. There really isn't any NSM rules about that.

JDMEK5

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 06, 2015, 07:35:26 PMI'm so embarrassed right now I don't know what to say  :'(
That's the last time I upload a sheet when I'm dead tired XD
Haha don't let it discourage you. After all, that's why the rest of us/we NSM community are here. So you don't embarrass yourself in public. ;)

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 06, 2015, 07:35:26 PMThanks! I can update that ASAP. There really isn't any NSM rules about that.
Exactly! This is your chance to experiment with some cool fonts..!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle