Table Tennis -
[MUS]

Wow! This is probably the hardest song I've ever done XD
Any feedback would be awesome!

Original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkL97PK7gig

Latios212

hey that's pretty cool :P

Watch the middle layer in 17-24. It's unclear how to play in some parts (drag some of the notes back to the lower staff), and others are just impossible.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on October 22, 2015, 03:59:14 PMWatch the middle layer in 17-24. It's unclear how to play in some parts (drag some of the notes back to the lower staff), and others are just impossible.
That part I didn't make perfectly clear and didn't try to hard on it. I wanted to see what others thought :P
It is playable, but with both hands switching off every note.

Tobbeh99

Wow nice done! :)

I think you should review measures 17-24, the middle layer more specifically. there are some impossibly large intervals in the RH. I suggest moving those notes down to the LH for playability.

(lol Latios posted before me)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Here is a replacement:

Still, the Road is Full of Dangers
[MUS]

Any feedback is much appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFXLxw2X60

Brawler4Ever

In measures 5-7, why do you have the bottom note as the second layer in the right hand? Wouldn't it be just as fine if it was part of the first layer?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Sebastian

I'm glad you asked! According to the original, the harmony note (the note in layer two), only plays once unlike the other note in layer 1.

Sebastian

Sebastian

Sebastian

Sebastian

Hey everyone!
I have some big arranging plans coming up for this year and for the New Year!
Here is my list of to-dos (Please tell me if anyone is doing any of these):

2015:
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Windmill Hut (Replacement)
-Banjo-Kazooie - Nabnut's Storage Room
-Yoshi's New Island - Kamek Boss
-Banjo-Kazooie - Machine Room
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Rose Town
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - Iris (Music Box Version)
-Ace Attorney - Fragrance of Dark Coffee
-A bunch of other Replacements

2016:
-Entire Yooka-Laylee soundtrack
-Five Nights at Freddy's soundtrack
-To be announced.....

Sebastian

Here is my first Ocarina of Time song!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Windmill Hut -
[MUS]

Any feedback would be great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYEJXN2QWk

Tobbeh99

-I think you should review the phrasing. I think you've approached the song to make it as "perfect" as possible, when notating the slurs and staccatos, and maybe not taking consideration of how you actually would play it when it comes to phrasing. I'm thinking particularly about the phrase at measure 11-12. I think it would be more natural if you'd make it into one big phrase, or maybe start the phrase on the second note in measure 11. And for measures 9-10, maybe make them into separate phrases.

-Also you can also consider if the staccatos really improves the arrangement, or if it should be all legato.

-and also: Maybe make the melody one octave higher on the second time.

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 05, 2015, 12:55:35 PM-I think you should review the phrasing. I think you've approached the song to make it as "perfect" as possible, when notating the slurs and staccatos, and maybe not taking consideration of how you actually would play it when it comes to phrasing.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 05, 2015, 12:55:35 PMAnd for measures 9-10, maybe make them into separate phrases.
I know exactly how I'd play it when it came to phrasing: how I have it. According to the original, measures 10 & 11 are obviously connected which is why I put a slur through that section.
If I broke the slur, it would not be the same.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 05, 2015, 12:55:35 PMI'm thinking particularly about the phrase at measure 11-12.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 05, 2015, 12:55:35 PM-Also you can also consider if the staccatos really improves the arrangement, or if it should be all legato.
The staccatos improve the arrangement. It is not legato all the way through like you say. At measure 11, it is "bouncy" on those eighth notes which is why I have staccatos and and a slur. That is called a Portato. A Portato is also known as an articulated legato.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 05, 2015, 12:55:35 PM-and also: Maybe make the melody one octave higher on the second time.
hmmmm.....maybe.

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh