News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

Jompa

Nice!!
C-minor.
Instead of writing "q = 90", write "half tempo" or something, and then "back to tempo" (or something) instead of the later "q = 180".
Birdo for Smash

Clanker37

Okay, few things:

-KEY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many unnecessary accidentals! I'm not going to tell you what the key signature is, but I will tell you that it is in the same key all the way. It is a common key for Kirkhope. Analyse where the tonal center is (where is chord I ?) or look at the accidentals which appear most often.
-Bars 4 - 5, 8 - 9, 12 - 13 and 17: Perhaps incorporation of the timpani line would liven these parts up a bit. You could quite easily arrange it so that the thumb and fifth fingers are holding while the other three play the timpani line. Just a thought.
-Bar 9: I see a second 8ve marking. Try to have it so that it's only a single octave marking along one section, just so that it looks pretty.
-Bars 18, 20 - 22, 24 - 26, 28 - 32: In my opinion, the dissonance of the seventh distracts from the melody. I wouldn't use it, but it's up to you.
-Bars 32 - 33: That final chord could be spruced up a little with a bottom C. That would really drive home the resolution.
-Bars 34 and 70: The second note of the melody is a Gb, not a G.
-Bars 42 - 57: The melody is missing a note. Every bar misses a D after the first Eb, so it should look like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qn1y0h219883bej/AAClHcrtE6aKjMDlMueGRexda  (Sorry about the file link. I have forgotten how to computer atm)
Some incorporation of the timpani line may also spruce this bit up as well.
-Bar 65: A trill mark would work better than the semi-quaver triplets (which should probably be semi-quaver sexplets, but I digress)

Phew! That list is longer than I intended. Apart from a few obvious spots (KEY SIGNATURE), most of it's my opinion and you may freely ignore it if you like. But it's a nice arrangement.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Whyyyyy Jompa, whyyyyy! You ruined my lesson!

Sebastian

I was 67% sure it was in C minor.....

Thanks Guys! I'll get on the fixes! :)

Sebastian

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM-KEY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many unnecessary accidentals! I'm not going to tell you what the key signature is, but I will tell you that it is in the same key all the way. It is a common key for Kirkhope. Analyse where the tonal center is (where is chord I ?) or look at the accidentals which appear most often.
Haha, as I said, I was pretty sure this one was in C Minor. Just forgot :P
Fixed.

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM-Bars 4 - 5, 8 - 9, 12 - 13 and 17: Perhaps incorporation of the timpani line would liven these parts up a bit. You could quite easily arrange it so that the thumb and fifth fingers are holding while the other three play the timpani line. Just a thought.
I heard this and was going to incorporate this, but it seemed like to much. I'll see what Olimar has to say. For now.....I'll leave it.

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM-Bar 9: I see a second 8ve marking. Try to have it so that it's only a single octave marking along one section, just so that it looks pretty.
Fixed

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM-Bars 18, 20 - 22, 24 - 26, 28 - 32: In my opinion, the dissonance of the seventh distracts from the melody. I wouldn't use it, but it's up to you.
True, but it is how it sounds on the original. And it's louder than the melody on the original too. Again, I'll see what Olimar has to say. I've learned to trust his judgement greatly :)

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM-Bars 32 - 33: That final chord could be spruced up a little with a bottom C. That would really drive home the resolution.
Fixed

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM-Bars 34 and 70: The second note of the melody is a Gb, not a G.
Fixed

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM-Bars 42 - 57: The melody is missing a note. Every bar misses a D after the first Eb, so it should look like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qn1y0h219883bej/AAClHcrtE6aKjMDlMueGRexda  (Sorry about the file link. I have forgotten how to computer atm)
Some incorporation of the timpani line may also spruce this bit up as well.
Fixed the notes.
I'll ask Olimar about the Timpani.....

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM-Bar 65: A trill mark would work better than the semi-quaver triplets (which should probably be semi-quaver sexplets, but I digress)
I'd tend to agree with you but in Mayahem Temple, Clanker's Cavern, Witchyworld, (All done by The Deku Trombonist) etc., He puts in every note instead of using a trill. So I think I'll leave it. 
I changed it to 6 though instead of 3.

Quote from: Jompa on December 29, 2014, 09:59:21 AMInstead of writing "q = 90", write "half tempo" or something, and then "back to tempo" (or something) instead of the later "q = 180".
Is this better?

Jompa

QuoteQuote from: Jompa on December 29, 2014, 06:59:21 PM:
"Instead of writing "q = 90", write "half tempo" or something, and then "back to tempo" (or something) instead of the later "q = 180"."
mariolegofan: "Is this better?"
Well, you didn't do anything about it, so no:P
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Bloop

Very well done! A few things I noticed:
-Bar 41: These 16th octaves are very hard to play at this speed: I'd remove the bottom note of the second 16th note
-Bar 66 + 68: The B naturals here should be Cb's: It's an Abm chord.

Jompa

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 30, 2014, 02:07:54 PMI added the words....and kept the sig....
Oh yes there I see them! I might've opened an earlier version at first.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on December 30, 2014, 03:15:04 PMOh yes there I see them! I might've opened an earlier version at first.
haha :)
Will that work?

Quote from: Bloop on December 30, 2014, 02:34:29 PMVery well done! A few things I noticed:
-Bar 41: These 16th octaves are very hard to play at this speed: I'd remove the bottom note of the second 16th note
I'll get to this tonight :)
Thanks for feedback :)

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on December 30, 2014, 02:34:29 PMVery well done! A few things I noticed:
Fixed! :)

Sebastian

NEW!!!

"The Cursed Sea" from The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
and
"Wonderwing!" from Banjo-Kazooie.

See OP for links.
Feedback would be great!!! :)

Maelstrom

Nice WW arrangement, just don't do Ganon battle or whatever it's called.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 08, 2015, 11:15:15 AMNice WW arrangement, just don't do Ganon battle or whatever it's called.
Thanks! Are you doing Ganon Battle?
The Chords in "The Cursed Sea" were demons. Not 100% sure they're right.