News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Sebastian

The Story Begins NEW!!!
[ZIP]

I LOVE This song very much. It was very fun to arrange. Any feedback on the song would be great! :-)

Bloop

TERRYDACTYFEEDBACK
This is a fairly good arrangement! Only some accidental-stuff:
Bar 19: The chord of the first half of this measure is a Bb-major chord, so change the A#'s into Bb's (right hand).
Bar 20: Second half is Db-major, so C# = Db and G# = Ab (right hand).
Bar 21 and 38: First half B-major, so Eb = D# and Gb = F# (both hands).
Bar 22: First half D7, so Gb = F# (both hands)
Bar 29 and 33: Dbdim chord, so G natural = A double flat (left hand)

I have noooo idea what happened to the last two lines though.

THE STORY FEEDBACKS
Instead of tying notes together, use pedal markings. It gives an even better feeling to the music. Good arrangement though!

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on September 21, 2014, 11:06:29 AMTERRYDACTYFEEDBACK
Bar 19: The chord of the first half of this measure is a Bb-major chord, so change the A#'s into Bb's (right hand).

I have noooo idea what happened to the last two lines though.

THE STORY FEEDBACKS
Instead of tying notes together, use pedal markings. It gives an even better feeling to the music. Good arrangement though!
Thanks. I'll get on it :)
Accidentals are my Achilles Heal :p

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Sebastian

Twinklies' Journey NEW!!! from Banjo-Kazooie
[ZIP]

Feedback would be great :)

The Deku Trombonist

Woo, go the Twinklies!

Anyway, some feedback:
-Wrong notes in the melody in bar 16
-In bar 21, respell the Eb as a D# (and wherever it re-occurs later on)
-In bar 39 on beat 4, I'd leave the G in the left hand but put it in parentheses. Then it doesn't look like you just forgot to put it in.
-Bar 41, beat 4: put parantheses around the B in the left hand
-Bars 43-44 would be better with the off beats included. It doesn't matter if you have to invert the chords or whatever.
-This is being a tad nitpicky, but to make the last line look a bit less strange, you could set the last 2 lines with 4 bars each.

And on a more creative note, I'm sure there are various interesting ways you could incorporate the two accompaniment parts in different sections to add some interest. Experiment, go wild!!!! ::)

Sebastian

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on September 27, 2014, 05:25:32 AMWoo, go the Twinklies!

Anyway, some feedback:
-In bar 39 on beat 4, I'd leave the G in the left hand but put it in parentheses. Then it doesn't look like you just forgot to put it in.
-Bars 43-44 would be better with the off beats included. It doesn't matter if you have to invert the chords or whatever.
-This is being a tad nitpicky, but to make the last line look a bit less strange, you could set the last 2 lines with 4 bars each.

And on a more creative note, I'm sure there are various interesting ways you could incorporate the two accompaniment parts in different sections to add some interest. Experiment, go wild!!!! ::)
Wow, Deku! thanks :)
I'll get right on it :)

Sebastian

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on September 27, 2014, 05:25:32 AMWoo, go the Twinklies!

Anyway, some feedback:

Fixed

Quote from: Bloop on September 21, 2014, 11:06:29 AMTERRYDACTYFEEDBACK

I have noooo idea what happened to the last 2 lines though
Ah! I knew those chords  :-[
Fixed

Sebastian

Mayahem Temple (Building Interiors) NEW!!! from Banjo-Tooie
[ZIP]

Feedback would be great :)

Jompa

Good job! Both arrangement-wise, and also theory-wise in form of accidentals n stuff.
Biggest problem: it's in F-phrygian so you should put it in F-minor.
Only accidental error is in measures#20 & #61, where what you've put as F-flat should be E-natural (since the tonic is F).
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Hmm I like what I see, mistakes aside. You got a lot better over time, keep on working :J

Just out of curiosity, have you found a new username that convinced you yet or preferred to stay with mariolegofan?

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on September 29, 2014, 10:36:24 AMHmm I like what I see, mistakes aside. You got a lot better over time, keep on working :J

Just out of curiosity, have you found a new username that convinced you yet or preferred to stay with mariolegofan?
Well.....thanks for asking :) but I guess I'm gonna keep my current username

Quote from: Jompa on September 29, 2014, 03:03:19 AMGood job! Both arrangement-wise, and also theory-wise in form of accidentals n stuff.
Biggest problem: it's in F-phrygian so you should put it in F-minor.
Only accidental error is in measures#20 & #61, where what you've put as F-flat should be E-natural (since the tonic is F).
And I'm on it...